Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anyone have restless leg syndrome? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anyone have restless leg syndrome?  (Read 3151 times)
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« Reply #50 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 8th, 2002, 11:58pm, nancyc wrote:
...as far as the number of people registered here, guess what, some of them probably have two or three names.LOL..mine is NANCYC....wish others would use their names though...makes it very confusing..smiles, nancyc

Ted,

What's your real name?

???R
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 1:59am »

Just for ted:

I think I counted 6 people who said no, and 3 who said they did.
thats 33.3%

I know 3 people including myself who get CH's, out of us 3 there is one who doesnt get RLS
so there is 67.7%

Now, I realise these are small numbers, and is all irrelevant due to that fact, but I was just taking a rough view at the time. I'm so sorry, Ted, that I used the word research, and Im sorry that you are so pedantic about facts and figures, so I'll re-phrase it for you:

"It seems to me, based on the doped up on codeine impression that I got, from keeping a rough, non-certifiable count purely in my cluster clouded head, that about 40% - give or take 10% due to the low numbers in the count - of CH sufferers also have experienced either now or in the past, some symptoms of RLS"

now, please...

Roger
IP Logged
Jackie_L.

Email

« Reply #52 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 4:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It never cesses to amaze me how people on this board  say I love you and then continue to chew each other up with hurtful words, inuendo's, rudeness etc... Sad that a new ch'er to the board had to become a part of this because of "wording" or "quotes" others didn't like or agree with... GET OVER IT...MOVE ON... GROW UP...Life is to precious to spend time fighting and agrueing  over small stuff... if this person has ch...then they have just as much right here as anyone... Hats off to you Nancy...you said it well... Jackie
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #53 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 7:53am »

on Jul 8th, 2002, 9:25am, Roger_in_Australia wrote:

I have done a little more research, and it seems that about 40% of CH sufferers also have RLS.... interesting...

(The rest of the post is not worth repeating)

on Jul 8th, 2002, 9:30am, Ted wrote:

That is interesting. Can you share with us the medical articles that show almost half of all clusterheads have RLS? Could be helpful.

Note this: Roger put out a statement that many believed was some fact to be found somewhere in the literature. Ted's polite request for further references was completely ignored by Roger, but instead he/she continued to complain about others.  
I must agree entirely with Teds last two posts, including the suggestion to Nancy. This is no longer a case of welcoming a newbie or not, but an extremely severe case of misinformation and spreading of compleat misleading data.  
Why the hell did it take Roger such a long time to explain where his/her 40% came from?  
And how comes he/she lets us believe for a long time this shoddy makeshift statistics based of half a dozen badly selected cases had a scientific background?

I'm extremely pissed off !
Ueli    Angry
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #54 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 8:12am »

"an extremely severe case of misinformation and spreading of compleat misleading data."

now, THAT's funny.

Roger
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 8:21am »

OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!

CH MAY NOT BE CONNECTED TO RLS!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHHRRRGGHHH!!! AND I THOUGHT THERE WAS A CONNECTION ALL THAT TIME!!

bloody drama queen.
be pissed off .. be happy.. be whatever you choose to be... I dont care.. Im sick of this.  

IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:01am »

So what's the connection?

I didn't see much at the RLS site that would correlate with the hypthalamus, trigeminal nerve or serotonin.

Does you RLS come in clusters like your headaches?

BTW Roger, you're not sick of this, you're loving this.  That's why you keep saying you've had enough but keep coming back for more.  It's your way of getting the attention you crave.  We've had others who make their entrance the same way.

Back to the subject - if you really want to do some "research" on this, start looking into the physiological connection between RLS and CH.  That's where you may find your answer.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #57 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:21am »

Who the hell do you think you are telling me what I feel and how I think??!  Trust me Bobby, Attention is the LAST thing i crave  Smiley - you would know how funny that is if you knew me.

what I am sick of is having to defend everything I say.
It seems now, I even have to defend saying that I am sick of this..

hmmm... what are you running out of things to have a go at me about?  

I come back because people ask me not to leave.  

PS. yes, RLS does come in clusters. I get it every night for a few months then it goes for a few months.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #58 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:40am »

OK, can we take this another direction please?

Roger, what do YOU think the connection is between RLS and clusters?  I think it's kinda interesting actually, because both afflictions really COULD be neurological in origin.

Cluster headaches have been connected to lots of other side symptoms and conditions, such as sleep apnea (watch Bob and Ted go at it if you mention that!  LOL), candida overgrowth, allergies, etc.   It's all really the chicken and the egg theory though, but it is kinda cool to see how many folks have other ailments in common.

I think we're kinda throwing the baby out with the bathwater if we leave ANY stone unturned.  (Babies really hate that, too.)

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:54am »

well, I think they could be connected via a nervous link.
it has been commonly believed that CH is a vascular thing, but new research has shown this may not be the case, but rather the blood vessel changes follow faulty reactions in nerve cells, rather than causing them.

so someone suffering from RLS, may also suffer from CH for the same reason. Personally i think it is worth studying.

"RLS may be the result of another condition, which, when present, worsens the underlying RLS. This is called secondary RLS. During pregnancy, particularly during the last few months, up to 15% of women develop RLS.  After delivery, their symptoms often vanish.  Anemia and low levels of iron in the blood are associated with symptoms of RLS, as are chronic conditions such as peripheral neuropathy (damage to the nerves in the hands and feet) and kidney failure. Recent literature also points toward an association between RLS and symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.  If you have no family history of RLS and no underlying or associated conditions causing the disorder, your RLS is said to be idiopathic, meaning without a known cause. "

so faulty nerve cells or damaged nerve cells may be the cause of the 2 conditions and if the same damage or fault causes both, then that may be an avenue to pursue.  

If damaged nerve cells are a genetic thing, and the damage can occur anywhere in the body, then it is possible to assume that it is true that CH's are caused by damaged nerve cells as the new research shows, particulary if a large proportion of CH sufferers also have the other symptom of damaged nerve cells, being RLS.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #60 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 10:11am »

Now it's my turn to ask you to share your sources.  Can you point me to the new research that shows that CH is caused by damaged nerve cells?  Thank you in advance.

Margi - I think Ted and I have come to agreement on apnea.  It does not cause CH however it may trigger individual attacks.

BTW Roger, I'll say anything I want to anyone at any time.  I'm too old and gnarley to give a crapola anymore.  Your, how dare you, response tells me I pretty much hit the nail on the head though.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2002, 10:19am by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #61 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 10:16am »

Dang, Bob - you and Ted have agreed on the Sleep Apnea thing?  Bummer.  It was always fun watchin you two dance.  

Sorry for the interruption - I just had to express my displeasure and the discontinuance of the S.A. fun.  

Here's Bob's question again for you, Roger:

"Now it's my turn to ask you to share your sources.  Can you point me to the new research that shows that CH is caused by damaged nerve cells?  Thank you in advance. "
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #62 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 10:35am »

on Jul 9th, 2002, 12:40am, rick wrote:

Ted,

What's your real name?

???R

My real name? Theodore. But I prefer "Ted" to that. And what is your real name, Rick? Nancy?
 Add me to the list of people who would like to see the research about the damaged nerve cells.
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 11:10am »

I either followed a link from this site or the ouch site

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-57-329724,00.html

Roger
IP Logged
ken_b
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #64 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 11:50am »

for those of you who dont know me im not a newcomer. i dont post much. i sit back and watch what goes on here.i have been around a long time. haveing the word vet by my name dont mean nothing to me. but i cant sit here and watch a good friend get slamed!! for those of you who dont know nancy very well she is our boards peace maker.  she has a heart that is made out of gold. nancy really does care about everyone that comes in here!!! she is that kind of person.i dont understand why yall wont to tell her to shut up when all she is doing is trying to be helpfull. is that not why were here for? i have meet a lot of the (old timers) in person they are a very loveing and careing bunch of people. the people i have meet have a place in my heart. we dont allways agree but that dont give us reason to beat each other up. and you dont see them do it very often. most of what you see is the newcomer doing it.  if we are going to help each other than lets start doing it. i dont post on the board i pm people or call them on the phone. if i have offend anyone im sorry! but nancy dont need this. she was just trying to help.   thanks for hearing me out.    ken
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #65 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:04pm »

Theo,  

Nancyc is one of the alternate names I post under here, along with Kristi and Dannyboy.  My guess is that at least 40% of my schizophrenic personalities also suffer from CH, Dannyboy not being one of them.  What do you think?

;DR
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #66 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:11pm »

Is it just me, or is there like half a dozen different discussions goin' on in this thread?

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel

P.S.  Shut up!
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #67 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 11:47pm »

Rich,
 Hi. I'm sorry but you implied something. Something that I've been dealing with for long enough. Do you have a set of balls? Then ask me right here. You want to propagate rumors and just talk shit? That's an option too. But don't go on the attack and then pull back expecting nothing. Gotta question? Ask. Got an accusation? Make it. Got a set of balls? Use them.  
 Oh, that goes for anyone else who wants to talk behind my back. Smiles again.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #68 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 12:29am »

FIRE!!!!

Evacuate the thread!  Women and illegitimate children born from the union of two clusterhead men(?) first!  RUN!

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #69 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 2:05am »

Ted,

What the HELL are you talking about  ??? ??? ????

Here I am very lost...

I was only joking from the start, man.  Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.  I was trying to make you laugh or something, no attack, nothing meant to be vicious.  You were getting all bent out of shape, I was trying to extinguish this thread with some kind of humor.  I'm sorry if I touched on something sore with you, I had no clue.

We have bigger fish to fry here, please save your energy for the real enemy...

Take er easy,

-R

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #70 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 8:36am »

Well, I came in here late......very late.  From this perspective, Roger....you gotta admit:  This thread is definitely funny. In fact, it's hilarious.   Shocked

Keep it up kids and Roger--Try to look at the big picture. You've been iniated by Ted and the rest of us.  A little fun, and it was meant as that, is good

Really fun-loving old Charlie Cool

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #71 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 2:52pm »

Rick, I was going to apologize to you by e-mail but since I was an a$shole to you in public I should apologize in front of the same people.
 It did strike me wrong because of some old fights around here but that was probably before you came around and didn't realize this.  
 I want to underline the fact (and with this new board I actually can)that I am sincerely and deeply sorry for coming at you like that.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 2:56pm »

I ain't doing no group hugs with you dorks! (but I can probably get hub to do one with ya).  Just watch that the little shit don't start humping your restless leg!
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2002, 2:57pm by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #73 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 10:06pm »

Ted,

NOOOO worries man, it's all good.  Just a miscommunication.  Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was just playin'.  A lot of times you type something you interpret one way, while somebody else might read it and hear something totally different.  

I think if we learned anything from this thread, it's that Not4Hire and I need to work on our sense of timing when it comes to comedy...

Clusterheadaches.com.....Feel the love!!!!!

Thanks bro.

Peace,

-Rick
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2002, 10:10pm by rick » IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #74 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 7:29am »

Rodger,

The % of CHers that smoke is higher than for a group of non CH.ers, while the % of CHers that are arseholes is excatly equal.  

You must be a major arsehole if you ended up in a fight with Ted and Ueli who are arguably the biggest arseholes on this board. Next to BobP that is, and these other two girls who both call themselves hub.

Ask DJ to set up an electronic survey for you on RLS and cluster. That way we'll get as close to the real numbers as we can on this. DJ is the boss and he'll do it for you no problem, I'm sure. Just mail him dude, there may be something in what you say.

We already know that some clusters have a majour muscle tension input so you don't have to prove more of a link if RLS has muscular implications.

Mail DJ dude.

I'm going back to being Rick now. This is my last post.

Dannyboy
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2002, 10:53am by dannyboy » IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss