Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anyone have restless leg syndrome? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anyone have restless leg syndrome?  (Read 3150 times)
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« Reply #25 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 9:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That is interesting. Can you share with us the medical articles that show almost half of all clusterheads have RLS? Could be helpful.
IP Logged
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 9:36am »

Roger, I didn't write "great puckering not very nice persons", I instead refered to a particular portion of their lower anatomy.  Apparently there is a niceness filter on the board.  Oh well, never mind.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:46am »

I've done some research and have found that 97.625% of all clusterheads catch cold sometime in their life.

Wonder if there's a connection?
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 1:31pm »

Bob, that would be pretty close to the same amount of non-clusterheads who catch colds, so no, there is no connection.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #29 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 1:36pm »

SmileyALL WE ARE SAYYYYIIIING....

IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.... Smiley

Welcome Roger in Australia!  Sorry to hear you have CH.  PLEASE take the time to read through our archives in order to educate yourself on this condition.

Also, I am a member of this organization, and I find its website, particularly its library, to be quite useful:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/

This treatment was successful in disrupting my last cycle:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1013709016

-R

IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 2:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It the words of Rodney King... "Can't we all just get along?"

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 8:53pm »

Unfortunately, some people cant get along..why do newcomers have to be attacked...this pisses me off..and if you dont like this, excuse me for breathing...welcome roger....as long as you are breathing and are a person walking on GOD"S green earth (AND you are, bro..), I will welcome you..sorry for your rude awakening here at ch.com..smiles,nancyc  ps now, YELL at me...cause personally, rite now, i dont give a shit...
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2002, 8:55pm by nancyc » IP Logged
GlendaB
New Board Junior
USA 

Love you guys!

greenwinglove
Email

« Reply #32 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 9:21pm »

Right on!  Wink

I couldn't have said it better myself!
IP Logged

Pain-free days and nights to all!
With Lots of Love,
Glenda

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 9:27pm »

I read this page twice and the only attack I can find is someone explaining why they failed at writing a$shole.
 Roger, some of us would still be interested in seeing the research of the 40% with RLS.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:06pm »

on Jul 4th, 2002, 7:12pm, Roger_in_Australia wrote:
I cant be bothered getting into the community thing and being all buddy buddy. Please respect how I feel. to me this is serious.

Roger,

I do respect how you feel, but also ask that you do respect our "community thing" as well.  My heart goes out to anyone who suffers from this disease, which is why I posted some information above which I think may help you deal with your situation.

There are a lot of smart asses on this board, don't take them the wrong way, they are only trying to make you laugh.  It's good medicine.  It's part of how we get by in dealing with this disease.  I'm sorry you took them the wrong way.  Steve (Not4Hire) is a good guy, he meant no harm.  

There are a number of people who use this board on a daily basis with good hearts who would be willing to help you out.  

What makes those of us who use this board a community is that we give each other support as well as receive it.  It's a two way street.  If you would like to use the information that this site provides, along with its archives, you are welcome to do so.  

But to state that you are not interested in us, and that you only want us to answer your questions ...How would you react to that?  It was after that post that this thread really started to get ugly.  Why would you expect anyone to reach out and help you after that?  But some of us did.

We're here to take care of each other, help each other out, make each other laugh, answer each other's questions, and find a way to put this disease out of it's misery.  We are a community and a family.  We don't always get along perfectly.  Does any family?

I hope you find some help for your suffering, and I am sorry for what you are going through.  But I do urge you to rethink your judgement of this community.  I also ask that you realise that as a sufferer, through the relation of your own experiences on this board, you might be able to help someone besides yourself out with their pain one day.

This is a rare and commonly misunderstood disease, and this board happens to be one of the greatest resources against it.  We are not getting any closer to a cure or a consistently successful treatment by anyone taking this thing on alone.

Peace,

Rick    
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:11pm by rick » IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:14pm »

The 'Little more research' I did was right here on this thread, Ted. With the CH sufferers I know personally, and the ones who responded in the positive here it is at the moment about 40% of the total of sufferers I have encountered. I know 3 personally, including my sister who doesnt have RLS.

Thank you CRnnurse Smiley and thanks to everyone else who emailed me - it is good to know that most people here are nice people! - but then all Clusterheads are nice people really arent they?  Smiley
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

Dear Nancy
« Reply #36 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:16pm »

Nancy, please be fair not only to newcomers, but to the oldies too.

Assume, a guy comes up to you in the street and wants to know the time.
Now, it costs nothing to tell somebody the time, but nevertheless I expect to be asked in a civilized manner. For me it makes a big difference if he says "Tell me what time it is!!" or "Hello, could you tell me the time?", together with a friendly smile. (When I learned English 40 years ago, there was the word 'please', but that is no longer in use Sad).

But some newbies come with an attitude of "Hey, tell me what I want to know" and don't take the slightest effort to look up what already has been written about it. Of course, they are too lazy to select in the profile whether they are male or female (maybe DJ should add a 3rd button, selected by default, saying "rude SOB"Wink. Where they come from, a short history of their CH, etc. is apparently nobody elses business.
Nobody gets slammed here on first sight. But people who already in their second post start to complain about others and think they must teach us all how to run the message board lose the goodwill of most and only our kind Nancy will continue to pat their shoulder.

Keep smiling Nancy, but don't expect your tolerance from everybody.

Ueli   Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:25pm »

Hi Rick, That was never how I set out to be. I didnt even think of that until I got what I considered childish, rude and insulting comments. It was then that I decided I didnt want to be part of the community, if that was what it was like. OF COURSE i didnt just want answers, I was just trying to cut out the chaff from what i considered important.

I apologise to anyone who thought I was being rude. I guess I should have spoken differently. I guess it is just evidence of the difficulty of entering a group who all know eachother well. One doesnt quite know the ropes, so to speak.  
Sorry.

Roger
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:51pm »

You've got a few people here replying positively for RLS and one who claimed to get it when on medication) and there are 1531 members on this board. I don't see how you came to the number of 40%. Can you explain that so we can see how you got your percentage?
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:52pm »

I think Roger, who i have never met or talked to before answered most of your questions...i will answer mine NOW....first of all, when i first came to the board and even before, I personally thought no one suffered like me...i had CHS...and I KNEW The pain...i did not know that you did....but in TIME, I LEARNED...my dear UELI, who i dearly love with all my heart along with all the oldtimers here...cause i guess i am one by now...YES, i have a tender heart...I am a nurse..i was trained to have that ...but I am also  , a CLUSTERHEAD..and i was also, trained to OVERLOOK some words a newcomer may post and realize .Ueli, you have to realize, this guy may have never talked to another clusterhead even..I have talked to and TOUCHED and KISSED and HUGGED another clusterhead....I KNOW YOU GUYS...I TRUST YOU TO LOVE ME...HE does not know what I KNOW and YOU KNOW..and ...PAIN IS PAIN..and SO FOLKS express it DIFFERENTLY....can we NOT BE TOLERANT OF EACH OTHER...so friggin what if the guy said "I cant be bothered getting into the community thing and being all buddy buddy. Please respect how I feel. to me this is serious".....Maybe his life is falling apart from chs when he made this statement...GET  A LIFE and forgive and forget folks..WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER....i love each and every one of you but this is ridiculous to pick this guy's apart word for word..I know i have wanted to die from this disease..all he did was ask a question and maybe half way offend someone...i am out of here...smiles,nancyc
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:56pm by nancyc » IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #40 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:10pm »

Roger,

Dude, I'd give you a hug, but you're in Australia. Roll Eyes

;DRick
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:19pm »

come on Ted, you MUST be more intelligent than that!

40% of the people I know combined with the ones who have replied in this thread. It's NOT out of ALL the members... geesh! how would I know what the replies would be of all the members on this board!!??

this is a lot of effort... I dont have the energy to keep this up right now. I suppose next, Ted will add up all the responses and show that it is actually a different percentage or something.. yeah, well, I said about 40% and combined with the people I know personally. I dont care anymore ted, I really dont. My god, It was just a simple query to see if there was any link... I kind of regret asking in the first place!

Roger

IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:32pm »

HEY Roger me 2.....bud....I didn't mean to aaaaaatttttacccccccckkk ya....you are WELCOME here.......but don't take our ROUGH LOVe the wrong way......I got my ass kicked here b4 I learned the rules....read my posts(as trivial as they are 4 the most part)

but this beast is a MOFO.........he don't take no prisoners....but we WILL take ya to OUR heart ......if ya let us.............. ;D ;D ;D

and if that don't soothe yer ruffled feathers..........good luck, pard
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #43 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:36pm »

All y'all,

Nancy is right.  I remember stumbling in here not to long ago, with my life falling apart, wondering what the fuck was going on with my life.  I was mess.  My sense of humor... well, it came and went, at its best.

Since then, I've learned to laugh at myself a little more, and accept my situation, as terrible as it is.  And I thank EVERYONE here for helping me get to this point.  But we have to ease up on people a little more.  Ueli, like you said, if someone is rude when they ask you the time, they are being a jackass.

But it's a little different when someone approaches you saying "OH MY GOD HELP ME, I'M HAVING NUCLEAR REACTIONS INSIDE MY SKULL".  In that situation, manners aren't always the first thing on the person's mind.  

I think the proper approach in this instance is to say "Whoa, calm down buddy, one thing at a time.  We know, we've been there, here's where you should get started..." and then point out to them that they should cruise the archives, the OUCH research library, etc.  

Maybe they missed the sign at the door because they were an absolute mess from what the disease was doing to their life and by the time they got here, details were beginning to escape them.  Please cut these people some slack.  A little more patience will take us all a lot farther.

When I first came here, all I wanted was to find a way for the pain in my head to stop, immediately.  That was all I wanted in life.  But through the people on this board, I began to understand the reality of this disease, and I have become more patient as a result.  That didn't happen over night.  As I calmed down, it sunk in that I wasn't alone.

And most importantly, Roger said he was sorry.

Peace to all,

-Rick
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:41pm »

on Jul 8th, 2002, 10:51pm, Ted wrote:
You've got a few people here replying positively for RLS and one who claimed to get it when on medication) and there are 1531 members on this board.

Maybe some of you should take a close look at the numbers you stated.....out of 1531 members...a FEW post.  I wonder why?

I also suffer from RLS but it didn't appear until AFTER my clusters were stopped with shrooms.
I wouldn't be at all surprised at a 40% number. I don't believe there is any connection other than the medications many people use to treat their clusters.
If you check out http://www.rls.org/frames/home_frame.htm
 those that are interested might get some valuable information.

I'll be posting my one year report on another thread for anyone interested in the shroom treatment.

Pink
(the other one)
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:49pm »

Roger, I don't know why you get so upset about being asked to justify the numbers you've claimed for RLS and CH. I have no qualms with you claiming 40% of the clusterheads you personally know also have RLS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this. But how are you including the people who replied here in your statistics? How did you come to the conclusion that only 60% of us don't have RLS because a few people responded positively. I don't understand how you did that math, even with just who replied. I also don't understand why you're running away from the question of explaining how you got your numbers.  
 Not4Hire mentioned learning the rules here or having a rough time of it. The only rough time you're getting is being asked for a simple explanation of your numbers. And you're being asked that becaus another rule here is you don't throw out BS "facts" for any reason other than merely being mistaken (and then it's usally wise to let us know you were mistaken). Want to know why? Because many of us here DO do research into possible causes, parallels, medications, etc... and when you purposely send us down the wrong path for some ego trip of just wanting to be right you waste our time. And you lose credibility. Now, please explain how you got to 40% from people posting in this thread (how many did you figure don't have RLS and do and how did you figure that, in other words?) or have the decency to admit you were mistaken. Or, at the very least, keep a civil tongue when being asked a legitimate question of how you came to your conclusions. As it stands now you haven't been able to accomplish any of these.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 11:58pm »

Shut up TED....so the guy misquoted some figures..so friggin what...if he is having chs, maybe he is not thinking Quite Clear...maybe?????....anyway, Bob W, you mentioned people on meds having RLS, i was one of them...and antiseizures are well known for this..i was put on potassium for RLS when i was on high doses of them...as far as the number of people registered here, guess what, some of them probably have two or three names.LOL..mine is NANCYC....wish others would use their names though...makes it very confusing..smiles, nancyc
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2002, 10:12am by nancyc » IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:03am »

Appology accepted.  Now take off your coat, sit down, put your feet up, and stay a while.  Want a beer?  Dunno if ya like Bud, but it's all I've got.  Welcome to the family bro!

PFDAN.................... Drk^Angel
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:04am by drkangel » IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #48 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:05am »

Here's a suggestion Nancy, you shut up for once. Misquoted figures? He came up with the figures and then restated them. But, apparently, someone's not thinking quite clear. Smiles.
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #49 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:10am »

Okay... That's it... Someone get the fire hose... There's a fire in the thread, and it needs put out... Just need to cool things off a bit.  Nancy... Ted... Everyone else, including me...

Shut Up!

Thank you.

PFDAN................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss