Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anyone have restless leg syndrome? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anyone have restless leg syndrome?  (Read 3149 times)
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi.. Just wondering if there might be a link between ch sufferers and the restless leg syndrome. I have RLS which is nothing major but i think worth investigating.

details on RLS are at:

http://www.rls.org/frames/home_frame.htm

Roger
IP Logged
Becca
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: anyone have restless leg syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 1:32pm »

That's interesting - since you have asked I will reply that my husband, who has CH, also experiences the symptoms of RLS described on the link you posted.  He also has sleep apnea, another disorder that often co-exists with CH.
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 9:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey Roger, have the same condition but only in the middle one. Smiley

Lee
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 12:22am »

Lee....you are a BAD man......shame on ya...... ;D

Roger:     I tried to take the RLS test, but the page needs to take some schoolin' from DJ................. Roll Eyes

Admittedly, strange shit happens in the night.......most of mine make me wanna shoot holes in my temple........my jumpy leg is a piece o' cake......

next?

(looks like you guys got 150 people to show up for your .....uhhh......shindig?..... in Seattle though.....more than WE got signed up for OUR cluster in Vancouver, no?)...guess I'll shut up then...... Cool
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2002, 12:29am by Not4Hire » IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 12:39am »

so... are you saying you do have RLS?  (you said "my jumpy leg is a piece o' cake"Wink

I have had it (RLS) since I was a kid, but only found out this year that it is an actual condition - I've had CH since 1994 and I'm now 33

your message is so unclear.. you say "most of mine make me wanna shoot holes in my temple" - your what makes you want to do this? your CH?
and then what do you mean by "next?"
and I have nothing to do with the web site on RLS.. I assume that you thought i did as you termed a "shindig" 'mine'

Im trying to have a serious thread here... I want to know if there might be a connection between the 2 conditions. Please only post if you can speak sensibly and have any real information to offer.

Thanks
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 1:09am »

Nope... Can't say that I have it... All of my legs are very well rested thank you.  A little too rested one may think.

PFDAN...................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 2:26pm »

Hey Roger/mate:.....lighten up a little ;D......there's lotsa smartasses on this board....I just happen to be more of an "ass" than "smart".......

To answer your questions:....(1) I don't think so....(2/3) Yes......(4) I have no idea...(5) "shindig" was a (poor) play on words: leg/shindig.....  Tongue

...and it's sorta customary (as the buttons/info to the left indicate) to read up on the board before posting, give us a little information on your *Cluster Headache* symptoms, and as most of these renegades here will attest, I am neither "sensible" nor do I have much "real" information to offer. Y'all might take your own advice.  Cool  After all, you're DownUnder and maybe the blood is just rushing to your head...........

Now read my tagline............no worries, eh?
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 7:12pm »

Hi,
I didnt post for chit chat or to see how funny people can try to be. If you think all this is funny then please don't post in this thread. There are heaps of boards that you can use to practice trying to be funny on. I am only interested in the info.. I cant be bothered getting into the community thing and being all buddy buddy. Please respect how I feel. to me this is serious.
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 7:41pm »

Hi Roger. I think this is funny. Anyone else?
 If you want to find info on restless leg syndrome (ahhh, to have a leg that doesn't fall asleep on you...) do a search on this board on it. then do a search on the old board. Then scope out the OUCH library (plenty of non-funny stuff in there) and see if there is anything there. No chit chat needed for doing that and you won't have to worry about coming here and blatantly saying "I want information and I want it NOW!!!!! And I don't have time to be bothered with helping any of you if you ever need it in return!!!!"
 Like I said. I find this whole thread funny. Anyone else? Please let us know. Smiley
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 7:52pm »

Why is this funny? if you had RLS you wouldnt find it funny. and I certainly dont find a CH funny. and I'm not demanding info. I just thought there might be an interesting connection, and so thought this would be a good place to find out. obviously i was wrong, so dont worry about it. I'll find another group of people to pose the idea to. Sorry for wasting your time.
Thanks to Becca for not being stupid about it.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 7:53pm »

I find it hilarious that Roger in Australia doesn't.
He posted a serious thread. Didn't get a real answer cause this has nothing to do with Clusterheadaches, and now he's pissed. Hmmmmmm. lemme tel you some other things that have nothing to do with clusters...

Phases of the moon.
migraines.
food.
butterfly farts in Peru.
Smoking.
PMS.
Frankly...Scarlett........I don't give a damn!  I'm hurting here and wish this to stop.  But lets be real. O.K.?

Linda Howell who doesn't give a rats ass, if you slam me.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 7:55pm »

Oh, yeah, and this was my first visit to the site, so thanks for making me feel welcome at my "new home on the internet!"

dont bother replying because I wont be coming back to check.

good bye
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 7:59pm »

Goodbye. Cry
IP Logged
GlendaB
New Board Junior
USA 

Love you guys!

greenwinglove
Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 8:04pm »

Hi Roger: Smiley

I never knew it was a legit condition until now, but yes, I have been experiencing this now for a couple of years and wondered what the heck was wrong with me.  It is a very uncomfortable feeling, you can't get rid of the feeling unless you are moving.  I occasionally have the same feeling in my arms and body also.  The only way I can describe it is a pulling sensation.  Thanks for the info.

IP Logged

Pain-free days and nights to all!
With Lots of Love,
Glenda

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 8:14pm »

wow.. and I was just about to leave!

Thanks Glenda.. ok, so that's 3 people who have both of these rare conditions - i wonder if there is a connection.  
I'm off to see a neurologist on July 10, so I will put it to him..  
and the way you describe it is exactly how I would, I get it in my calves late at night, and it feels like a pulling with an incredible urge to move the muscle, and when I do, it fixes it for about 30 seconds. I find it goes completely if I just walk, but that can be real annoying if you are tired and just want to get to sleep! for me it comes and goes.. I might get it for a month a year, and it isn't that bad a thing... just annoying... so i never sought treatment, and like you, I never thought it was a condition prior to finding the RLS site - I thought it was just me, then I wondered if there might be a connection between the 2 rare conditions...  

Thanks!
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 8:18pm »

To answer your question: yes. - I think it would make no sense to name a syndrome that nobody suffered from.  

The best one to answer your question about a connection to CH would be our decrepit old Charlie, he looks like this:

Now in response to your latest post: Who the hell do you think you are ? ? ?  People on this board have written 170'000 posts and accumulated a vast amount knowledge and information. But instead searching this goldmine (using the search button above) you feel obliged to insult everybody. Oh, how do we like newbies that in their first few post think they have to tell us how to run this board.  Angry
If you don't like the people here, why aren't you looking for a board with the same amount of information but lacking every grain of humour (if you can find one)?

Since I cannot be insulted by a slimy slug crossing my path, I did a search for you, click on the link:
Google search results
But you'll have to read the listed posts yourself, I'm not gonna write a synopsis for you.  Tongue
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 8:49pm »

My dear Ueli.......

YES!!!!!!  that is exactly what I wanted to say but as usual, you have said it much much better than I ever could.  Thank you.  Linda

P.S. I never. repeat never !!!!!!!! insult anyone here. Unless..............
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 12:46am »

on Jul 4th, 2002, 7:55pm, Roger_in_Australia wrote:
Oh, yeah, and this was my first visit to the site, so thanks for making me feel welcome at my "new home on the internet!"

Seems to me from your posts, you had no intention to make this board your "home" in the first place, so why should we feel sorry about defending ourselves, and our ways, against someone like you?  The way I see it, if ya wanna be so full of yourself, find the information yourself.

btw... Good posts Ted, Linda, and Ueli!  I liked Lee's, and N4H's posts too...  lol

PFDAN..................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 2:19pm »

Did somebody say "Slam" ??   ;D

Slammy    Grin

IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 6:45pm »

Next time I kick the shit outa my hubby while trying to sleep I can refer him to RLS syndrome ;D

Here I was all this time thinkin it was PMS Cheesy
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #20 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 6:46pm »

Thanks to Ueli for the link to search results.  

I'm a little interested in this because I have on occasion had symptoms that sound like RLS. Had them years before I ever had CH. I gather from the RLS website that many people have an occasional experience, but for some it disrupts their lives. Keeps 'em from sleeping, something I'm sure CH'ers can relate to.

And I have to say that the urge to jump up and pace during a cluster attack is similar, though not identical, to the RLS symptoms I've had.

Seems "connection?" is not a bad question.

I don't mind writing a little synopsis of Ueli's search findings:  
Basically a few people say they've had RLS symptoms. Brenda asked if there might be a connection, and Richard S and Betty said they both had RLS; Richard thought there might be a connedtion, while Betty didn't think so. Jamy said she got RLS symptoms when her blood pressure dropped after taking verapimil.  
Nancyc had a reaction to a medication that ree said sounded like RLS. Jackie said she heard neurotonin was used to treat RLS.

And that's about it. So is there a connection between RLS and Clusters? Nothing I found was very enlightening.  

The RLS website said about 8 percent of the population gets RLS symptoms. Pure chance would say many here on this board will have had RLS. Only if we did a survey and found that significantly more than eight percent of clusterheads also had RLS could we suspect a connection.  

Allowing this thread to be taken seriously and continued for a while, there's a chance many more clusterheads would have chimed in with reports of RLS. We may have learned something. I remember something similar happening with sleep apnea.  Aside from RLS issues, Roger may have learnd new ways to help him beat the beast here.  

Reviewing this thread, I can't say I blame him for leaving. He found people making light of what to him was a serious question, and he didn't throw the first insult. Do you guys remember what the home page for this site says? "Welcome to your new home on the Internet..."

And Ted?  No, it's not funny.
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 6:51pm »

Roger, i had RLS with some of the antiseizures i took...they gave me potassium for it..sorry i am late replying..i am alittle slow lately and doesnt have a thing to do with the fact i am a YOUNG grandmother..lol...take care...and good luck with your research..smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 8:22pm »

Dear Roger:  I've had RLS but only while I was pregnant.  Didn't get CH then either.

Good luck.  

Wishing you all PFDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 8:13am »

Roger, I'm sorry that you have been vexed by some of the great puckering not a very nice persons that inhabit this board.  
I have RLS and it has appeared only in the past few years.  I take potassium but it doesn't help very much.  I have also wondered if there is any connection with CH.
I hope that you don't abandon this site.  Just remember, Australians are tough as nails.
IP Logged
Roger_in_Australia
New Board Newbie

errr...

1923902 1923902    
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 9:25am »

Hi Clavers,
thanks for your comments, and linda, and nancy and Tommy, and glenda for the emails! - yeah we're tough enuf not to be that bothered by childish comments.  Wink
I have done a little more research, and it seems that about 40% of CH sufferers also have RLS.... interesting...

Thanks for all your help people!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss