Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 6th, 2024, 9:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm wonder if anything works for long »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm wonder if anything works for long
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm wonder if anything works for long  (Read 221 times)
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

I'm wonder if anything works for long
« on: Jun 27th, 2002, 5:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After being chronic for so many years I really wonder if anything reall works. It seem's are bodies get immune to all the meds, like we are not supposed to get relief for long.  Does anyone else think this way?
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Re: I'm wonder if anything works for long
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27th, 2002, 7:48pm »

i became immune to verap...then  i had so many side effects from seizure meds that took me off them cause i got suicidal...nothing has worked for me but imitrex and they are limiting those bigtime to keep me from having a heart attack....i give up...nothing works for me...what do we do now, sis?  praying this doc i am going to on tuesday has an answer...he is a neurologist that also specializes in pain management...Could someone please remove my hypothalamus?   LOL.....praying you find pain relief soon, sis..smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
maria

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27th, 2002, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hang in there Nancy,
  There is a new drug just coming on the market shortly called Frova, which has an effect on the vessels of the brain, but does not affect the coronary veins. Thus not the risk of CVA.  It also has a half life of 26 hours which I believe is 4x the imitrex. Hope you are OK, Maria
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27th, 2002, 11:44pm »

Thanks, sis...hangin in here waiting on that miracle drug..smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 2:18am »

Nancy,

Were you ever able to give Aricept a try?

-Rick
IP Logged
simpson1974
New Board Junior

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 8:17am »

I'm not chronic, but I have had to look for new meds the last three cycles.  Verapamil, Neurontin, and even Prednisone all stopped working for me.  Depakote has this cycle under control, but I'm wondering where I'll go for the next cycle, because if history repeats itself, it won't work next time.  

Sometimes I wonder, too, if my meds worked or if my cycle just ended... you never really know with these things.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 9:04am »

Rick, my superwoman neuro gave up after four meds....completely forgot she promised to try me on aricept.. I get really frustrated with neuros...if they can't cure you in a few months, they are ready to hit the highway, it seems...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 9:17am »

on Jun 27th, 2002, 9:04pm, maria wrote:
Hang in there Nancy,
  There is a new drug just coming on the market shortly called Frova, which has an effect on the vessels of the brain, but does not affect the coronary veins. Thus not the risk of CVA.  It also has a half life of 26 hours which I believe is 4x the imitrex. Hope you are OK, Maria

Frova is available now

Pink (the other one)
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
maria

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 9:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oops, I had a senior moment there I meant  frova does not affect the coronary vessels, thus less risk of having a heart attack, not CVA.  Maria  Embarassed
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 10:09am »

From the Frova insert:

PRECAUTIONS
General: As with other 5-HT1 agonists, sensations of pain, tightness, pressure and heaviness
have been reported in the chest, throat, neck and jaw after treatment with FROVA.
These events have not been associated with arrhythmias or ischemic ECG changes in
clinical trials with FROVA. Because 5-HT1 agonists may cause coronary vasospasm,
patients who experience signs or symptoms suggestive of angina following dosing should
be evaluated for the presence of CAD. Patients shown to have CAD and those with
Prinzmetal’s variant angina should not receive 5-HT1 agonists (see CONTRAINDICATIONS).
Patients who experience other symptoms or signs suggestive of decreased arterial flow,
such as ischemic bowel syndrome or Raynaud’s syndrome following the use of any 5-HT1
agonist are candidates for further evaluation. If a patient has no response for the first
migraine attack treated with FROVA, the diagnosis of migraine should be reconsidered
before frovatriptan is administered to treat any subsequent attacks.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss