Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thoughts on possible links.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thoughts on possible links..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thoughts on possible links..  (Read 175 times)
Tully

Email

Thoughts on possible links..
« on: Jun 20th, 2002, 1:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all - hope you're having PFDs.  

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few (possibly random) thoughts and check if anyone thinks there is a link:

* The recent Times article indicates that CH sufferers probably have faulty Neurons!  Is this hereditary?  None of my family suffer from CH but my mother suffers from quite severe Manic Depression (Biploar disorder) and this is also a very cyclic illness.  Any link?

* I'm left-handed and my pain is always in the right-hand side of my head... I noticed a lot of posts for people who suffer on the left-hand side.  Any link?

* One of the posts suggests exercise can be an abortive but I find exercise (or any exertion - particularly in the morning) is the No.2 guaranteed trigger to Alcohol.  I'm currently getting mostly pain-free days at the moment by doing next to nothing! - by that I mean, mostly lying down, don't get up too quickly, no stress (I'm off work), virtually no food (only in the afternoon/evening), and definately no alcohol!.  I'm sure stress, eating, exercise and alcohol all must have some related affect on the body (but sadly these are all just the triggers not the causes - please can some find and cure the cause soon!?!?)

Cheers,

Tully.

p.s.
I've suffered from CH for about 17 years and tried various preventative methods but for some reason Verapmil didn't work well this time around - hence why I'm off work.  I'm seeing a neurologist in a few days.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Thoughts on possible links..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 1:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Tully,

I am right handed, and my attacks are right sided.  I have become a bit ambidextrous through this last cycle, as I began to favor my left side.  

Heavy exertion is a definite trigger for me in cycle.  Which sucks because I am a workout freak.  Lack of proper sleep and adequate meals also aggravate my condition when in cycle.  

Peace,

-Rick  
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2002, 1:32am by rick » IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 6:01am »

There is STILL no such thing as a definitive trigger list for CH
There is STILL no such thing as a definitive list of palliative treatments for CH

What's a trigger for one may help keep the pain down for another.  
   See: apply cold/apply heat
      excercise/don't excercise
      drink coffee/avoid coffee
      avoid alcohol/take alcohol

The reason is, they have STILL not found the real and only cause of clusters.

We can speculate,  even make educated guesses, but anybody stating they know, is faking it.

IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 6:02am »

btw, righthanded, and rightsided sufferer.

look at my sign-off and ponder...
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 1:37pm »

I'm right handed and get clusters on either or both sides.  And the post article was dealing more with migraines being caused by faulty neurons.  It didn't really make that statement for CH.

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss