Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 6:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mushrooms - New Field Report »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mushrooms - New Field Report
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mushrooms - New Field Report  (Read 4385 times)
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Mushrooms - New Field Report
« on: Jun 17th, 2002, 4:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Personal History: Male, 42, CH’s for past 7 yrs or so, had some early 30’s but not the Kip level they have been at for the last 7 years.
Cluster type: episodal, 1 cycle/yr, duration of ea. cycle approx. 2 months or so, currently in mid cycle (getting hammered pretty hard), at peak of cycle can set watch by nightly attacks, AND unpredictable attacks during day (sometimes brought on by stress, sometimes nothing at all).  
Detox: 70 hrs since last intake of Imitrex (2 – 25mg), still had feverfew in system (mentors of BB unaware of impact either way on this)
Dosed Friday night…2g plus a little…bone dry…species unknown…but potent... went into some level 3’s (awesome 3 dimensional closed eye), somewhat intense for the initiated (20 yrs ago) but still in full control.  
Saturday - Day 1 Post therapy - hungover feeling and definitely an OFF day, 10:00 had a quick like (literally one second) electrical charge feeling at my “sweet spot” (origination point of my CH’s) and nothing else all day…..no shadows…..nothing. I was pretty cooked all day…like stick a fork in me…I am well done, but at the same time a peaceful, tranquil feeling. CH’s millions of miles away.
Day 2 minor shadows in AM….at 3:00 pm had one rolling on….but it diffused rather quickly…rest of day minor to meduim shadows….about 10:30 (after falling asleep) I woke up with a good one in full steam, just ready to cripple me …requested ice pack (sure sign I am going down for count) and it fizzled in about ten minutes of 2 quick applications of ice pack and fell back asleep for rest of night.
Day 3 – Woke up and head was totally clear..no shadows in AM.  I HOPE and pray this works..I was getting pretty bummed out yesterday that this whole therapy thing was for nothing and then last night hit and got really discouraged. But in hindsight, I guess missing the one last night is cause for hope. up to 4pm update very slight shadows so far.  

I will update later (hopefully updating on nothing Smiley  
IP Logged
ave

Email

Re: Mushrooms - New Field Report
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2002, 6:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Ste (or whatever), I used a low dose (1/4 of recreational users) last year and had about what you report ,just not a big attack). Attacks stayed away after that.

This year I started late, and the episode had not completely shut down.  

If you were in the midddle of an episode, it might be you had less chance to kill the demon in one go. You might want to try again
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17th, 2002, 8:36pm »

Hi stecolor;

Thanks for posting your info.  Sounds like you are getting some relief anyway, and that's something good.  Hope it continues.  Please keep us posted on your continued results.

PFDAN.
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17th, 2002, 9:35pm »

Breaking in on the middle of a cycle like you are, it sounds like the the shrooms are working real well.  

Don't get discouraged by an attack or two, especially if they're short.  That intense but short attack a day or two after dosing seem to be common experience. If you've broken the cycle, the shadows will gradually fade.  

A second dose next weekend, and it can be smaller if you're having too much fun, often works to put the beast away for the rest of the cycle, though again you may get a few shadows for a while.

Thanks for the report. And please give us more details as the beast fades away.

It great to see you're (almost) pain free. This littel fungi gave me my life back.  
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18th, 2002, 5:51pm »

Thanks to all for your support Smiley

It has been a GLORIOUS 24 hrs since my last post.
I can not believe it!!!!!!
Day 3 Since 4 pm. I made it thru entire day the WHOLE DAY AND AND AND my bewitching hour (I can set a clock by this nightly attack) AND the ENTIRE night AND *drum roll* NOTHING!!!!  NADA!!!!, ZILTCH!!!!.......I am so friggin happy I do not know WHAT to do!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!
Day 4 - (thru 4:30 pm) VERY VERY ever so VERY SLIGHT shadows....I can probably count them on two hands....hardly anything..This I can deal with...I can hardly tell them at this point!!!!!

I know it is a bit early to call it a total break of my cycle..and celebrate...but the break from this....the 24/7 thinking of this beast. the mental control and fear of the beast...the fear of night time arriving...the absence of the surprise ones during the day....SUCH a RELIEF!!!!
My head is still clear.....I am sooooooo happy now!!!!

I will post updates as the days (or mishaps (if ANY)) <-- pretty bold HUH??? LOL progress....

TommyD....yeah. a lil too much fun for sure lol..thinking about redose this weekend to be sure...smaller dose though for sure...any recommendations?

Best Regards, AND PFDAN TO ALL!!!!!! And God Bless those lil fungi...
STEC
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18th, 2002, 11:34pm »

Is this Steve that we've all been talking to under Scott's thread lately?  I'm assuming so.

Anyway, WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!

Congratulations on your success, and thank you for the detailed report!

Like Tommy said, be prepared to dose again if necessary.  Hopefully, you have broken the cycle, but take it one day at a time.

Steve, you mentioned in another post to me that you had gone through the archives and noticed that I had a rough period awhile back.  That was when I let up on therapy a little too early.

So I took some time over the weekend to search through the shroom related archives, in order to examine my own treatment and compare it to what others have done over the past few months.  One thing that I noticed was that everyone who was having quicker success than I was (which was everyone who actually stuck with it) was taking 2 grams per dose, while I was taking 1-1.5 grams.  A point of interest for all potential shroomers as well as myself for future reference, I believe.  

When I was taking 1.5 grams, I began to have tension headaches plus that "hangover" feeling you described on the following day.  Over the past few weeks, I dropped down to 1 gram doses.  No hangover, no headache.  I felt amazingly good.  However, by the end of the week, I could feel it creeping up again, so it was time for another dose.  

So what I'm wondering is what if I would have started off taking 2 grams at a time, and then tapered down to 1 gram?  Would I have broken my cycle already?  It's impossible to tell, not knowing the specific differences in my physiology as compared to others who have had this success, but it is something I will now keep in mind for the future.  My fear at the beginning was that I might exacerbate my condition by taking doses that were too large.  Live and learn!  

It is truly a great thing to hear of your success, I'll be praying for your continued relief.

-Rick
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2002, 12:29am by rick » IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18th, 2002, 11:34pm »

Scott and Kristi, how are you? Cool.-R
IP Logged
maggie

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 2:21pm »

Glad to hear this has worked for so many of you.  How on earth do you get a perscription?

Maggie
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 3:05pm »

No prescription Maggie.  We buy them on the street, grow them ourselves or smuggle them in.

To stop a cluster we spit in the face of the law.  Phtoooey.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 5:28pm »

What I neglected to mention when I put up that post last night (I was tired) was that I actually took 2 grams over the weekend for my "session".  Felt the hangover and a little bit of a shadow for two days afterward, but all is well since then.

Sorry!

Shutting up,

-Rick  
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2002, 5:29pm by rick » IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 7:21pm »

Rick, Stecolor, and all the rest of the members of the Cult of Fungus.,

I am excited to report that as of right now I am still pain free since the two shadows that I had right after.  I think my wife posted the other day that I was doing well and even had the math done for the days.  Currently, it's been 21 days since dosing, 15 days since the last CH, 13 days since the last shadow.  

I haven't wanted to look a gift horse in the mouth so I have remained quiet here in the beginning.  I am really waiting for the one month mark to get here before I relax too much.  I will be redosing periodically.  I will let you all know how much and how often.

Stecolor - man I am happy for you.  I hope that everybody can do this and get this kind of relief.

Rick - I think that you are on to something there about the two dose.  Maybe a person needs to at least touch the 3 level to kick the beasts ass the first time.  I know a lower dose might work.  But, I think that I will keep the tried and true going.

I am also going to post this under my thread so that anyone that was following will see it.

Later,

scottie  
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2002, 8:47pm by scottwe » IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 9:59pm »

Bob P:

"To stop a cluster we spit in the face of the law.  Phtoooey."

That is my absolute, favorite, can-never-be-beat, post.

Thank You.

K
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 7:47am »

Hey steColor!

How's it going?  Hoping you are still very much pain FREE!!

If you are, do you think it is wise to redose this weekend?  Has anyone else redosed when they were doing really well after the first dose?  If so, what were the consequences?  I don't think I have seen much information on this particular issue.

Just thinking out loud..... Roll Eyes

PFDAN

K
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 8:48am »

But ain't it the truth Kristi!

I'm a law abiding, 50+ y/o, middle class, family man.

A couple clusters ago I was neglegent and ran out of cafergot, my only weapon at the time, on a Saturday.  I went to the pharmacy to get a refill.  The Pharmacist wouldn't refill because "it was too soon"!  I seriously thought of jumping the counter and beating him unconcious.  Then I thought of getting a gun and robbing him of his cafergot.  I wound up getting the on-call Dr. to phone him and order enough to get through the weekend with a lecture from the Dr. about taking too much cafergot and an appointment with the neuro the following Monday.

Shrooms - I grew my own last year.  I even had a City Attorney come to the house investigating a police beating of the kid accross the street (he deserved it).  The guy asked to come into the bedroom to see the view of the incident that I had from the window the night the kid got thumped.  My shroom grow chamber was sitting in the corner of the room with the crop in full bloom.  Luckily, the sides of the chamber were fogged up by the moisture and he couldn't see what was inside.  But I didn't care.  I was gonna try the shrooms no matter what.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 11:47am »

I take it one day at a time as far as redosing.  

When I begin to feel the beast creeping up again, I take that as my body's way of telling me "it's time".  Sometimes that's 6 days after the last dose, other times it's 10.  

If I had no more trouble, I wouldn't redose, personally.  I am once again going to attempt to lay off of them for an extended period of time.  I've had to continually dose at least once a week, but I've been pain free as a result.

-R

IP Logged
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 5:40pm »

Hi Gang !!!
Sorry for the delay in posting, But I wanted to get to a "milestone" and then post.

Since my last post it has been about 72 hours and STILL PF!!!! The shadows are getting a little heavier though but still not bad at all. And getting the slight feeling of the eyelid syndrome sometimes (forget what that is called) so I think a booster dose will be in order.
What dosage? I am still wrestling with that one. For sure 1g plus, I think. I do not want to risk getting into next week and having one of these puppies nail me and then have to deal with a mid week dose.  

Plus from the mentors of board stated, and as some of the archives mention, this would not be a bad idea at all and often necessary to knock me outta this cycle totally.

So it is exactly 7 days (tonight) from my first dose, since then I had 2 Ch's 2 days after first dose but both of them fizzled. And since that day, nothing but shadows, but they are now getting little heavier, so the beast is not totally gone. But it has been a great week not having to deal with them!!! and the dreading of the night arriving is gone too!! I just gotta keep this going and it appears this therapy is the ticket to get past this.

I need to do some more research in the archives and with the mentors about biyearly booster shots in order to totally miss cycles. Now would'nt THAT be WONDERFUL!!!!!  Grin ;D ;D ;D

This is a much better concept than having to worry about the meds, and the meds to take care of the side effects of the original meds, so on and so forth. Seems to me this is WAY easier on the body too.  

So in closing, I wish to one and all PFDAN's !!!!!!! and to all a good night!!!  
STEC
PS. I will  update soon.
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 7:48pm »

HEY!!!!!  YIPPEE!!!  YAHOO!!!!    Grin ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am so happy for you stecolor, I am doing backflips.  Ain't it wonderful!!!?!!!

Good luck with the redosing - let us know how the light plate is - and definitely hope you stay pain free!

Hugs and kisses!  Kristi
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 10:05pm »

Great news, man!

It certainly does feel easier on the body, doesn't it?  And it actually works.

Notseinfeld kept up his therapy with 2 gram doses.  I kept mine up with 1-1.5 grams.  We began around the same time, and he saw greater relief faster than I did.  I'd use your own judgement, monitor yourself.  There does seem to be a case for larger initial doses in order to break a cycle.

Keep us posted, and enjoy the relief.  I'll keep praying for you.

-Rick  

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:14pm by rick » IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jun 22nd, 2002, 2:46am »

on Jun 21st, 2002, 10:05pm, rick wrote:
Notseinfeld kept up his therapy with 2 gram doses.  I kept mine up with 1-1.5 grams.

The thing to remember is that 1 - 1.5 grams may produce a "Level 2" experience for one individual, while 2 -3 grams may just barely produce a "Level 1" experience for someone else.

It is impossible to say how many grams a given individual will require. There are just too many factors involved:

1) Individual sensitivity to psilocybin

2) Potency of the particular batch of mushrooms involved (this can vary substantially)

3) Dosing method

4) Blocking or enhancing effects of other medications (hopefully this will be a non-issue since it is best to follow this therapy while free of other meds)

The key thing is not so much how many GRAMS you eat, but how "buzzed" you get from whatever amount you took, be it 1 gram or 4 grams. I realize that everyone is looking for an answer to the question, "How much should I eat?" but there really is no answer -- just very broad guidelines.

After your first dose, you will have a very good idea of how many grams OF THAT PARTICULAR BATCH of mushrooms YOU PERSONALLY will need to take to reach the desired "Trip Level". But the next batch you get your hands on could be twice as strong or half as weak. This is another reason why it makes sense to grow your own.  

Quote:
I'd use your own judgement, monitor yourself.

Excellent advice.  

Quote:
There does seem to be a case for larger initial doses in order to break a cycle.

True. The thing is, most people are cautious with the first dose (as they SHOULD be) for just the reasons I outlined above. Someone who is exceptionally sensitive to psilocybin who managed to obtain exceptionally potent mushrooms would get quite a ride from a 3 gram first dose, so almost no one does that much the first time out. Hell, even I didn't do that much, since it had been over two decades since my last psychedelic voyage.

But once you have an idea of how much you will need to get good and zonked on the particular mushrooms you have ready to hand, the best chance of success for those deep into a vicious cycle seems to be to JUST GO FOR IT. Put on some Pink Floyd, plug in the Lava Lamp, and watch the walls breathe for a few hours.  

Quote:
Keep us posted, and enjoy the relief.

I'll second that! It's great to see so many people posting success stories... DETAILED success stories at that. We need all the data we can get.

pinky  
IP Logged
steColor
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 6:33pm »

Hi All,
Sorry it has so long since last post, but I did not want to jinx myself !!

Dose #2 one week ago tonight (Friday), 1.25g had level 1 experience, very nice and easy.
The next day (Sat.) I felt very good (no hangover feeling)
but that night I was woken up by the beast. Although this CH did not feel like a normal one, it stayed at one consistant level, but I eventually went back to sleep after taking 400mg Excedrine. This had me concerned in that the entire last week I had nothing but shadows but getting heavier as the week wore on. (hence the need for dose #2) In hindsight..it may have been the beasts last attempt to get me....but I kicked ASS!!!

BUT *DRUMROLL* NOTHING SINCE..........NO Shadows to speak of....maybe a total of 3-4 EVER SLIGHT ones earlier in the week but since NOTHING. Head clear....What a relief !!!!! I think I can state with reasonable convidence that my cycle is broken (fingers crossed).  

I think the true test for me would be to have a drink. Although I can count the number of drinks I consume in an entire year on 10 fingers.....this would be the true test....Whether I am THAT confident is another story lol but I am thinking about it.....just to see.....

But I feel GREAT!!!! and can concentrate on everyday life again without being obsessively overtaken 24/7 by worrying about the friggin beast.

As to those who are pondering this therapy, I have this to state.
I feel this is a superior alternative to all the meds all these people are on....plus it is organic..I think the damages done by the scrip med is much more harmful to one's body than the shroom therapy...and I do not know of any harm done by doing this therapy.....so the therapy is a win-win situation..The Almighty placed these puppies on the earth for some purpose...maybe this is it.....or maybe it is just the first step in finding cures for different HA's too... But I can not believe the relief I have gotten from this therapy.

Illegal....yes....but if done in the privacy of your own home, the risk is zilch....

There is definitely ALOT to this....as far as success....I can not even begin to try and explain what this has done for me....

Keep in mind too....I am a small business owner....not a druggie....20 year ago...I had experimented with this in college....but since...nothing...so this is the LAST thing in the world I had expected to do again....THE LAST THING.
After first discovering this site....I was estatic about finding others with the same problem, it was like I was not alone...I had this alone feeling prior and not knowing how to deal with it......but then after I got into the site for a few days of reading...I got bummed out about finding all the meds everyone was on to deal with the beast...Then I came across a shroom thread....I thought there is no way in the world this is what these people are talking about...but it was....I could not believe it....I discussed this with my wife...and she was 150% for it....anything not to see me in agony..Even our oldest daughter (20 yrsold) who is NOT a fan of drugs was in support of this therapy.......and folks.....it works.....it seemed to recalibrate my head..... so it aligned things up again, is the best way I can state it....so I could get back to daily life. There is TONS to be found on this site about this subject and alot gets into very scientific why's and wherefore's this works.....

Also...another thought....I would have brought this up to my doctor....and asked him if he had heard about this....but I recently had to chance health insurance carriers (Due to the ridiculously high cost increase they were trying to shove down my throat) and you never get to see the same doctor.....so that option is out..but the point I am trying to get to here is this....if you are on a good long trusting relationship with your doc...please inquire if you feel the need...the reponse you get may surprise you....they (the doctors) went to college....just like me....and like me....probably were exposed to the same things I was...so these people are just like you and me...humans....in fact....I had a very good buddy in school....we had experimented with recs together...he went on to be a very successful surgeon at a prestigious hospital...and has never regreted any of his experimenting in his past....

Anway...please seriously look into this therapy...the worst that could happen....is the CH's continue....the middle of the road....you get a break.....the best.....the cycle is GONE!!!!!!..AND NO EXPENSIVE MEDS...think about it...  

I will be reading up on yearly or biyearly "booster" doses to totally miss the beast all together...now...would THAT be nice !!!!!
any thoughts anybody???????

A special thanks to all of my supporters here...Rick, Scottie and Kristie and the many others, I followed your reports and read them religiously...and gained the confindence to try this again....and THANK GOD I DID....and to PINKY....you are THE MAN !!!

PS. I will be checking back regularly....If I can offer support to others....like I had..and see the successess.....it is well worh my time and be very satisfying knowing I can help others too. And hopefully soon...someone can do some laboratory testing and get this thing to an art.  

Best regards...and PFDAN to ALL.....
Stec    Grin ;D ;D ;D
IP Logged
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #20 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 7:22pm »

Way to go Stec!

Hoping that you stay with PFDANs forever!  

Alas,  I'm too afraid to go to shroom therapy...but am thrilled to hear all the success stories!

Slammy   Cool

IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 2:10am »

SC-

Grin ;D ;D ;D RIGHT ON!!!!! Cool

Nothing makes me happier than to see another clusterhead out of pain.  Thank you very much for posting your experiences in such detail.  This is excellent data from which others can benefit.  I learn by reading your posts just as you have learned by reading mine, thank you.  PLEASE continue to hang out so that we can pass this information on to others.

It's sounds as though you had a few minor attacks similar to what I experienced at times after dosing.  They were attacks, but for me, they were so mild it was as if the beast had shrunk from a pit bull to a mouse.  Simply annoying at their worst.

As for the maintenance doses which you spoke of, I believe the current school of thought is that you should dose at the mid-point of your remission.  If you are an individual who typically has a 2 year remission period, you should consume a maintenance dose 1 year into that remission, for example.  Flash's cycles occur once a year, so he doses every 6 months.  

Also remember that Pink recommends a "pre-emptive strike" dose shortly before you expect your cycle to begin, rather than waiting for your cycle to actually arrive before beginning therapy.

I hear you about the docs, I believe many of them know more about this than they are able to admit.

Great news, please keep us updated, and enjoy the relief!

Peace,

-Rick      
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2002, 2:12am by rick » IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 7:56am »

Don't try alcohol just yet - your body needs a chance to recover from it's ordeal.  Leave off for another week or two.

Flash
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 4:27pm »

Hey Flash,

I was just wondering when the Erowid Shroom Survey was going to go live?  I know you posted the link a while back, when it was in Beta testing.  Guess I'm just anxious to see real data collected.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
kristi

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 10:10pm »

Stec;

Absolutely awesome!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Grin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us all know how it went.  We have been keeping our fingers crossed that you would get some relief with the therapy, and hoped and prayed that it would abort your cycle like it did for Scott.  Wish we were close enough so we could all go out to dinner and celebrate - guess that's where the drinks would come in, huh?!   ;D

Yes, please, please, please, keep active on the board so you can help mentor others who are interested in trying the therapy.  Many are also fearful and apprehensive and will need your support!

Wishing you continued PFDAN!

K
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss