Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Indocin »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Indocin
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Indocin  (Read 239 times)
sco

Email

Indocin
« on: Jun 15th, 2002, 11:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just wanted to let folks know that my mother, who has suffered with cluster headaches for the past several weeks finally found a neurologist who prescribed Indocin... in low dose...as she is on blood thinning medication.  And it has worked.  Smiley  Within 24 hours of taking it...she has completely stopped having the headaches.  Prior to that the only thing that seemed to help was oxygen.  But even with that she was in terrible pain for 15 minutes before it backed off.  She talked about not wanting to live anymore...so this is like a miracle!!
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: Indocin
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2002, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Indocine is almost 100% effective for CPH which is a cluster-like headache but not true cluster headache.  CPH strikes females more often than males.  The headaches are similar to clusters but more frequent and shorter duration.

If there is any female on this message board who hasn't tried indocine - they're nuts!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 3:40am »

It seems that you are talking about CPH my friend and not cluster,
Indocin"indometacin" up to this day is the only thing that are working 100% for CPH,and as far as i know that stuff do not work on true cluster,but i`m not a Dr just another clusterhead

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
susan

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 10:42am »

I am a female...I have also tried indocin...it didn't work for me.  Guess I have the "real thing".  S
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 6:43pm »

Indocin (indomethacin) is sometimes prescribed as a preventive for CH.  I'm not sure of it's success rate, but have heard of a few CH (that's CH... Not CPH) patients that it has worked for, but I believe the majority of CH patients do not respond favorably to Indocin.

PFDAN..................... Drk^Angel
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2002, 6:43pm by drkangel » IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 7:52pm »

I've done some further study on Indocin, and found that cluster headache variant responds favorably to Indocin.    Also The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, Seventeenth Edition claims "Indomethacin is uniquely effective for cluster headache."  (But then again... Merck & Co is a brand name manufacturer of Indocin, so they may not be considered too impartial.)  The National Headache Foundation claims "Studies with this agent have demonstrated it to be effective in several forms of cluster headache known as atypical cluster headache and chronic paroxysmal hemicrania. It is the medication of first choice in these two forms of cluster headache."

PFDAN.................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 6:50pm »

Ok, what is CPH?

???     ???
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20th, 2002, 9:19pm »

Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania.  It's a variant of TAC similar to CH, but shorter duration, and greater frequency.

PFDAN......................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss