Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 7:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ultram »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ultram
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ultram  (Read 680 times)
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

Beware of the Dumb side of the Force!

SweetLandings
Email

Ultram
« on: Jun 14th, 2002, 3:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, neuro put me on Ultram Wednesday.

I took 2-50mg at 6pm Wednesday evening at the onset of a CH, in 15 min. the CH was gone and I skipped my usual 8pm CH, at 11pm I took half of an Ultram (25mg) and in 15 min the CH was aborted and I skipped my 3am CH and slept all night for the first time in 6 months or more.

Who has used Ultram?  What were the results?  Is anyone using it now?

P.S. I already read all the Archival info on Ultram.
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Ultram
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14th, 2002, 7:46pm »

Hi Sweet Landings.  I have tried Ultram this cycle.  Generally I can't get it into my system fast enough at the onset of an attack.  I didn't think it was very effective for me since it never really killed off any cluster attack after taking it and so I didn't really take it much.  I don't consider it a very powerful painkiller for me.  The only thing it has been slightly effective for is after I have a really bad cluster attack sometimes my eye and left side of head remains sore.  I call this a pain 'echo' since the attack is already over and it leaves me with soreness in my eye and head.  It is also slightly useful for putting me to sleep during peak of cycle (but really, I don't usually have any problems falling asleep... staying asleep is a different story).  Having said all this:

1.  I don't much like the way it makes me feel (slow and very very very sleepy).  It didn't seem very powerful.  I don't think I could ever become addicted to it.

2.  I don't think it killed much pain for me.

3.  But do be careful, because it is a controlled substance and a relatively new synthetic narcotic.  Also it seemed to slow my breathing to the point that I didn't like it.

Sorry for rambling, I feel unfocused today. Embarassed

IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
oringkid

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15th, 2002, 11:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have bookmarked BobP's rxlist site and looked up Ultram.

I think you should read it through (click on the top blue tabs to get different info)

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/tramadol_ad.htm

Sherry
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15th, 2002, 10:37pm »

Sorry but this stuff is a joke when it comes to CH. Not worth the powder it's made from. U might be dealing with one of those guys/girls that think the DEA is watching their every move. Whatever, you don't need analgesics orally, they are worthless for our special dance. I would have a long conversation with this doctor and show him/her some of the data under the med tab at the left. Better yet, run to someone that is serious about helping you.
Lee Smiley

IP Logged
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 6:35pm »

My opinion:

It's a CRIME to put a CHead on a narcotic/opiate - and tramadol is a narcotic !

Thomas, MD and CHead
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
kristi

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 7:56pm »

Hi Sweet_Landings!

Are you still taking the ultram?  Are you still getting the same positive results you first posted on this thread?

My husband has not tried it for his clusters, but any other narcotic he tried in the past did not help his CH.  But, it sounded like you were getting good relief.

Hope the relief continues, with or without the ultram.

PFDAN!  K
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss