Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 7:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My husband is cured!!! Please Read »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   My husband is cured!!! Please Read
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My husband is cured!!! Please Read  (Read 2841 times)
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: My husband is cured!!! Please Read
« Reply #25 on: Jul 1st, 2002, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm actually quite glad that this teeth/ch subject came up and that there are lots of people out there with perfect teeth that have CH.  While I do believe in the hypothalamus theory I always start thinking that my teeth are the problem while I'm in cycle.

I am not one of those with perfect teeth.  I have had 2 root canals and various other dental work done over the years (and yes, I have silver fillings).  As Bob P said, when a cycle starts I'm so anxious to grasp at anything that may be causing this. I cannot do anthing about my hypothalamus.  I guess that's the problem.  Teeth?  If you told me CH was caused by my teeth you can yank 'em all!  

So this puts the teeth/CH connection to rest in my mind.  Thank you all.

Wishing you FPDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 1st, 2002, 12:20pm »

Wager me this: $5.00 says you work for a dentist office.
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
AnthonyT
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jul 1st, 2002, 4:09pm »

In my last post I left conclusions to be drawn by the reader. I'll clarify my own opinion: I would not discount mercury amalgam as a potential source of bodily damage or interference which becomes a cause of clusters.  

My previous post was an attempt to head off simplistic reasonings such as both "a person with clusters had fillings removed and the clusters disappeared, therefore fillings cause clusters" and "a person with no fillings has clusters, therefore fillings do not cause clusters".

Let us assume that clusters are directly related to an abnormality of the hypothalamus -- now what causes this abnormality? One specific thing? A combination of factors? A matrix of factors, many subsets of which are sufficient? With any biological system as complex as ours, my bets will always go with the latter (matrix/subsets).

I'm just trying to provide words of warning. We can say that silver fillings aren't THE cause, for all the good that does. I think it's a mistake to be looking for one cause at the human-experience level. Perhaps there is a bottle-neck at some point -- one simple result that creates the cluster condition, but still there are likely to be numerous ways this result is created. (How many different ways are there to win a game of checkers? If you look at the end-state, there is only one rule -- you win when your opponent can't move on their turn. But there are many possible combinations leading up to that state.)
IP Logged
MikeS
New Board Newbie

« Reply #28 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 9:45pm »

After I had my teeth worked on. They removed the silver (because they had to replace the fillings because of decay not because they were silver) It slowed my migraines down (I always get my teeth checked when my migraines get out of control). However I went from episodic to chronic within 5 days. (I know it was just coincidence) Pain gone is awesome so good luck!
IP Logged

manicmechanic
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 11:52am »

Everyone needs to make a choice to either keep their perfectly good, non-health-problem-causing silver-mercury amalgam fillings or have them ground, hammered, chipped and dipped from their teeth.

As you might surmise I'm against spending good money to fix a non-problem.

IMHO the silver-mercury amalgam subject is to sell books and magazine articles and line the pockets of dentists that can't make an honest living.

But, if you'd like to read a little on the subject, for and against, click this

http://dentistry.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. sukel.com%2Ffillings.htm
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
BobB

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 12:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all

Just to add my 3 cents in:

Yes I have fillings, root canals and pulled teeth. My sinus cavity was also punctured 15 years ago.

My CH's started about a year and a half ago, running in 3 months cycles, followed by one month remissions.

Each attack would start in my upper right molar and then progress into my head, behind my eye and up though the top of my head like a metal spike.

What I thought was odd was that it always started like a toothache. Luckily, if this happened when I am awake, I can hit the o2 and get ahead of the CH. Flip side 90% awaken me and it's already in full throttle.

Anyhow, I can safely say that teeth could be related to CH's but they aren't the cause nor the cure.

The cause is still unknown and the only cure is death.

Take it easy

BobB
IP Logged
trsoule

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 5:14am »

Just wanted to let you know... I am 24 with no fillings, no dental work, never had anything done with my teeth.  I'm blessed I guess if that's what you want to call it. I'd trade really bad teeth for no CH but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Be strong everyone.....  One moment at a time.
IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

Teeth, Nerves and Nucleus
« Reply #32 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 10:07am »

The periodontal ligament is the soft tissue between the tooth and the bony socket that the tooth is in.  

It has an enormously rich supply of nerves, and along with the nerve that supplies the tooth, is one of the most Exquisite and Sensitive neural inputs in the human body.  

If you are uncertain about this then try having root canal work without an anaesthetic.

ANY problem with the tooth can cause impulses from the periodontal ligament and/or the nerves that supply the teeth. These impulses go via the Trigeminal nerve .... BANG .... into the trigeminal nucleus. Every time that nerve fires ... BANG ... the trigeminal nucleus takes a hit.

Beg Pardon to all my "hypothalamus-is-the-messiah" buddies, but the chance that teeth are not involved in some way in some patients is exactly zero.

If painful teeth are involved in your clusters don't make the mistake of thinking that your trigeminal nucleus is firing at your teeth. ah ah ... no sir ...  

Dannyboy.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2002, 11:58am by dannyboy » IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
Gabby

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 1:34pm »

I was very disgruntled to find such a vast amount of people who don't have an open mind, so to speak.  I logged onto this site first to research and when I finally did post a message, with enthusiasm, my "bubble was popped" as you have said.  

My family was diagnosed with cluster headaches.  There are no "other explainations" for what might be happening to them.  I did NOT say go and get a root canal, I simply said that it was worth checking out.  

It has been about 3 months of cluster free days for my husband,(and he was in the middle of a cycle) and 2 YEARS for my cousin.  

All this talk about the hypothalamus being the only source, and not even taking into consideration any other possibilities that could be connected to the hypothalamus , is in my opinion, very small-minded.

Your teeth are connected to nerves which go directly into your brain.  HELLO PEOPLE!!!!   To say that there is no chance that there may be a connection is ridiculous.  Everyone is different, and the effects of certain things in your body, such as a filling, could have reprocussions.  ITS NOT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE.

And as dannyboy said, these are all just opinions and to take my opinion literally or to disregard it as false is silly.

I do hope that this has worked forever for my family, if not, on to other treatments.  And I hope that the rest of you sufferers do find some peace.  

IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 2:19pm »

So, if CH is caused by fillings, and you have the fillings in your teeth all of the time, why do my clusters only come every 2 1/2 years?
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Ueli

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 7:59pm »

First I must correct a minor mistake of Gabby, she didn't listen close enough to her holistic dentist. Tooth filling are not of pure silver but of silver amalgam, that is an alloy of silver and mercury. And it is the mercury in the fillings that is so dangerous in many aspects, as the great benefactor to human health, Hal Huggins D.D.S., has shown.

Taking that into account BobP's question why clusters come in cycles while tooth fillings are (practically) permanent is easy to answer:
The seeping of mercury through a tiny leak in a root channel is not constant, but oscillates with time. And could there be a more obvious reason than the tidal forces emanating from the planet Mercury (from whom the poisonous metal used in fillings got its name)?  
The rotation period of Mercury around the sun is 88 days, almost 3 month. Now cluster cycles start seldom every 3 month, but we hear of reoccurrences in 6, 12, 18, 24,... months, all multiples of the Mercury cycles. We all know that the height of the tides varies with the moon cycle, some times the position of the sun reinforces the influence of the moon, and in between it has a reducing effect. In the same way the tidal forces that Mercury (the planet) exerts on mercury (the metal) are modulated by the position of the sun and the other planets. Therefore cluster cycles are not every Mercury cycle, but multiples of it. I already hear the skeptic smart asses say: but why then are the cycles for all clusterheads not all in synchronism? I answer: dear friends, could it be that you forgot to take into account the individual cycles of the bio rhythms ?
Q. E. D.    Grin

For Gabby, should any of your relatives or acquaintances suffer from another serious disease or disability, don't forget to search the web about it. I'm sure the honorable Hal Huggins, D.D.S. has described an amalgam connection for this too.
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 11th, 2002, 10:48pm »

;D ;D Ms. Gabby,
     I think it's wonderful your husband found the cause of his headache syndrome, this was one of the first conclusions that was drawn in my case history also, I had a few fillings and they were getting to be in fairly rough shape, the V.A. Yanked the teeth on the right side from center out one day and the next day they yanked the other side out, I was still in the recovery room when I started having clusters again.
     I was 23 years old and not only suffering from a horrific chronic pain syndrome, but now had to live with the stigma of having false teeth also! My attacks increased to double the amount of daily attacks over the next year then kind of stabalized at 7 or so a day for over the next year.
 So while it seems to have been your Husbands cause and cure I think you will find it the exception to the rule here, most of these people suffer from a displaced systematic hypothalmus defect in functionability!  There in lies the problem, you cant see functionally defects on the test like some other symptoms. at least thats my Humble Opinion and I'm sticking to it!   Pappy

IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #37 on: Jul 12th, 2002, 1:57am »

BobP,

If I give you the correct answer to your question will you take me for Pillion ride on your hog??

OK ... this is a biggie ... here goes ... the moment you've been waiting for ....

The reason, Mr President, that Your cycles come once every 2 and a half years is that the periodontal ligament is also connected to the spleen.  

Now, when your tooth hurts, your spleen produces a type of juice that looks like snot but actually tastes quite good ... ahem, yes sorry... anyway this juice is fired from the spleen via the root canal into the hypothalamus and the back to the spleen its self after which it 'passes through' your system.

In Your case it obviously takes about 2 and a half years to build up enough tasty snot till your spleen shoots its bolt at your hypothalamus and you get a cluster!!!

Easy as that me old son...

Well thats my theory anyway ... and I'm sticking to it.

Love and Kisses
Danny  

Not Funny Shut Up!!
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2002, 7:57am by dannyboy » IP Logged

dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jul 19th, 2002, 5:23am »

Boob, I didn't intend any disrespect in the post above, that's just my misplaced humour taking over when actually what I wanted to say was ...

I don't know boss ... I just don't gog damn know.

If cluster headaches lie on a continuum of intra and extra cranial factors ... then ... my logical conjecture says that the mystical rhythms of cluster headaches lie in the intra cranial component. An area in which I am wholey unqualified to be sprouting pearls.

Danny
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss