Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 4:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Shroomer - results so far »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Shroomer - results so far
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Shroomer - results so far  (Read 5751 times)
johnrudd
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: New Shroomer - results so far
« Reply #50 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 7:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Don't wish to put a damper on your exuberance, but BE CAREFUL. The site I use at work monitors EVERY single transmission. Are you sure you're secure.
There are great cow paddies in WA. for you to search out-they do grow wild! So don't be foolish enough to carry.
In my current line, I'm afraid I'll stick to the Verapamil and Imitrex.
In any case, there have been times where I would've resorted to anything to just stop the pain!
John
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #51 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks johnrudd, for your words of caution.  I for one am secure, at least from the prying "eyes" of my employer, on my personal computer at home.  My hubby never posts from work, out of caution.   He always waits 'til he is home at night.
I work at home (but have a different 'puter in a home office for that), which explains why you see so much more of me than him.   ;D

As for the pain, he finally decided to hell with worrying 'bout work, a pain-free life is more important than a job.  For us, just seemed there are bigger things at stake.  

Here's hoping you continue to get relief with the meds that work for you!!!

PFDAN!  Kristi
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #52 on: Jun 14th, 2002, 9:50am »

Hi Kristi/Scott, Rick, and all the others

Kristi,
thanks for the info you post yesterday on the info.. I had run across that a few days earlier, printed it and place in my "mushroom bible file" LOL I am sure others following this thread appreciated though (the views are really hitting alot on this, so alot of people are at least intrigued) PS. tell Scott to check his pvt msgs if he has a chance.  

Rick,
thanks for the Pinky scale....just could not find that puppy again. AND all your other input and advice. You have really hung on here for everybody. I admire your sticktoitiveness.  

Update on me. made it thru the afternoon and night with HEAVY shadows and strong twingles (for me 2 secs later after the twingles I get hammered) but nothing really strong ever hit. This moring I am getting shadows and some slight twingles but so far so good. But I hit the feverfew again (Last night high dose) and Excedrins.
The ff is a hit/miss deal but I feel it has some degree of merit.....I have been doing it for many years now and takes time to build up in system, but the trick seems for me anyway to play with dosages (after build up in system) and deal with strong tincture. (it is nasty as hell as far as taste)  
Tuesday night (now Fri AM where I live) was last night for script. meds (Imitrex) I have only resorted to it when things get intense. It does not do my body good at all. maybe I am sensitive to it or something, but I am suprised to see that alot of other people not complaining about it. just get a bad "racey" feeling the entire next day and "out of sorts" or distorientated may be a better word.

ANWAY tonights the night
PFDAN to all BTW only computer access is at work right now. home one is having its own Ch's going on now LOL
so will try and drop by office sometime and report.  

Thanks  
Steve    

IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #53 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 7:24pm »

Rick, Stecolor, and all the rest of the members of the Cult of Fungus.,

I am excited to report that as of right now I am still pain free since the two CH that I had right after.  I think my wife posted the other day that I was doing well and even had the math done for the days.  Currently, 21 days since dosing, 15 days since the last CH, 13 days since the last shadow.  

I haven't wanted to look a gift horse in the mouth so I have remained quiet here in the beginning.  I am really waiting for the one month mark to get here before I relax too much.  I will be redosing periodically.  I will let you all know how much and how often.

Stecolor - man I am happy for you.  I hope that everybody can do this and get this kind of relief.

Rick - I think that you are on to something there about the two doses.  Maybe a person needs to at least touch the 3 level to kick the beast's ass the first time.  I know a lower dose might work, but I think that I will keep the tried and true going.

Later,

scottie   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2002, 8:27pm by scottwe » IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #54 on: Jul 2nd, 2002, 9:57pm »

Hey fellow clusterheads.  Thought I would post a little update to my situation.  I AM NOW AT ONE MONTH PAIN FREAKING FREE.  It feels great.  I am planning on farming so that I have enough to dose at the six month mark and then a pre-emptive strike before my next cycle.  I can only hope that I have as much success as Flash and the rest of the old school gang.  

As far as the meds go I am still off all meds except for stupid cold meds.  I can't seem to shake this cough.  I guess that it is time to quit smoking.  Well anyway I know that there has been a lot of people inquiring about our new therapy and for those people that need someone then I know that I and my wife as well as probably Rick and Stec will be willing to help "hold your hand" through this.  I will try to keep on here more but I can't seem to keep my wife off long enough.  I think that she is becoming the Florence Nightingale of the cult of fungus therapy for clusterheads.  I am sure glad that she is able to be of some help to others because she has been a rock for me.  I would not want to think about where I would be in this life without her.  Well that is about all I have for now.  PFDAN to everyone out there.  I love you all.

Scottie Shocked Kiss

P.S.  Slammy,  my wife says :@
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #55 on: Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:46pm »

Scottie,

SWEEEEET!

-R
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #56 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 9:42am »

on Jun 13th, 2002, 9:16am, SteveColo wrote:
One thing that has not made sense....one person...(I have read so much I am loosing track of who wrote what)..that they took a small piece of cap and put under tongue for every attack and it was aborted.....this occured approx 4-5 times then did a tea after that...why would the initial piece not block further therapies or was the "piece therapy" not strong enough to do the blocking deal?

Okay, I'm going to try to explain this seeming anomaly without getting TOO technical.

First, the individual involved, Monique's husband Greg, seems to be exceptionally sensitive to psilocybin, and seems to be able to get the full effects at much shorter intervals than the average individual. In other words, he seems not to need to take as long a break between doses.

Secondly (and here I must get a little technical), the way the psilocybin produces its effects is to occupy receptor sites in the nerve synapses in the brain which are normally occupied by serotonin. A synapse which contains a molecule of psilocybin will send a slightly different signal "up the line" than one which contains a serotonin molecule. One of the effects of this slightly different signal is to produce the famous "psychedelic experience". It follows that the more such signals are being sent, the stronger the experience.    

The thing is, there are billions of these receptor sites. With a very low dose of psilocybin, only a few million molecules of psilocybin actually make it across the blood brain barrier to become available to the synapses in question. This is apparently enough to abort a headache in progress, and those synapses which received their psilocybin molecules dutifully "close the window" for a few days. But such a tiny fraction of the available synapses do so that when another small dose is taken (under the tongue) the next day, the majority of sites are still capable of accepting the new batch of psilocybin molecules.

However, there DOES seem to be a "critical mass". If a large enough dose is taken to produce any noticeable psychedelic effects, even at a "Level 1" intensity, it appears the affected synapses not only "close the window", but send a message to all the OTHER synapses to close THEIR windows, too. This is why it is impossible to get high two days in a row. A waiting period of several days is mandatory, at least for MOST individuals.

pinky
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #57 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 9:57am »

Pinky,

Gotta question your explaination of receptor sites.  I do believe that each different type of receptor site (on the neuron not in the synapse) sends it's chemical signal when activated.  A psylocin molecule occupying say a 5HT-1a site would send the same signal as a 5HT-1a molecule occupying that receptor site.  I don't think it sends a slightly different signal.  The sites are programmed to send their specific chemical message when activated.

The psylocin probably activates the the correct 5HT sub-type sites to stop the headache and also activates other sub-type sites which produce the high.  Each then sending it's "specific" chemical message.  I don't think you can get a receptor site to send a different chemical message than it is programmed to send.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:03am by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #58 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 5:56pm »

Scottie!

That is sooo awsome !  I'm happy for your success and for such a supportive wife!  ( relax Rick)

Being in Southern California, I need to figure out how I can "try" this approach.... The Beast attacked me from 1am till 2am last night, and I swear, if I owned a gun, I would have shot that beast between the eyes!

Hoping for PFDANs forever for ya!

Give kristi a :@  for me!

Slammy   Cool

IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
scottie

Email

« Reply #59 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:24pm »

Thanks for all of the kind words Slammy.  

I am appreciative of everyone on this board.  PFDAN.

Scott
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #60 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:23pm »

Slammy,

AngryROAR!!!

Grin KissPeace brotha-R
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #61 on: Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:31pm »

Hi Rick!   Kiss

-Kristi
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #62 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 1:07am »

What's up K?  Much love and happy 4th to you, Scott, and your little one ;D Kiss ;D Kiss Smiley...

Let's keep on praying that this isn't all a dream Wink.
IP Logged
scottie

Email

« Reply #63 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 6:17am »

Much love and Happy 4'th to you as well bro.  I am still Pain Free and am loving every minute of it.  Amen to the prayer for all of us.  I hope that the heads out where the shrooms ain't can find some other means to get here with us.

Happy 4'th of July to all the "Heads" out there.  My Family sends it's prayers and thanks to everyone. Smiley Kiss  Keep it together my "other Family".
 Wink
Scott
IP Logged
JeffBob

Email

« Reply #64 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 9:36am »

Hello everyone,

I've dealt with the beast since 18 yrs old now 44 looking for advice for Florida shrooms.
How many should I look for and how do you now what is the correct dose?

Thanks JeffBob
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #65 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 9:57am »

Hi and Welcome JeffBob!.....sorry you have to be here.  Cry

First of all, when you say "look for" are you talking about picking or about finding the "magic elves" and getting them from them.  Picking them is a very dangerous business, because of making sure you have the right thing, instead of something that could make you very ill or even kill you.  Please be careful!

The most important thing to remember about how much to take is that it seems to be the trip level you get to, not the amount you consume, that will break the cycle.  Different strains have different potencies, and different batches also.  Plus, some people are more sensitive than others.  One person may achieve a level two trip level with one gram, but it may take two grams for someone else.

The desired trip level is a 1.5 to 2.5 experience.  However, the evidence of many clusterheads seems to suggest that those who are mid-cycle or not completely detoxed from all meds appear to need to reach a higher trip level in order to achieve results.

From personal experience, my husband is episodic and was mid-cycle when he dosed.  He took 2 grams dried.  He reached a trip level of 2.5 to 3.  He had 4 shadows and 2 headaches in the first five days, and nothing since.  That was 36 days ago!!!

An explanation of trip levels, dosing guidelines, and other great information can be found on the following thread by Pinksharkmark:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1013709016

Good Luck and PFDAN!

K
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #66 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 12:09pm »

JB,

Picking your own can be very dangerous as Kristi stated.  PLEASE consult PinkSharkMark through email before you attempt to do so, or someone else who you know to be an absolute expert in identifying psychedelic mushrooms that would be able accompany you when "hunting".  

Here is a safer route to quietly and safely produce your own:

http://www.lilshopofspores.com/

http://www.sporeworks.com/

http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/scgg.html

http://www.fanaticus.com/index.htm

Peace,

-Rick
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #67 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 12:18pm »

JB-

Here's a portion of a recent post by Pinky dealing with the identification process.  I don't know if this info would hold true for the specific strain you would be looking for, and I ask still that you please send him an email with further questions if you do intend to go "hunting":

"As for the mushrooms, it is true the kind you are looking for grow on horse manure and on cow patties, but so do other mushrooms. The "bluing" reaction is the most reliable indicator that you have indeed found what you are looking for. If you pick a mushroom, then slice off the cap and the cut in the stem doesn't blue, DO NOT EAT IT no matter how closely it may resemble  pictures of the various psilocybes. If it don't stain blue, it ain't good for you.  

A secondary test is to take a "spore print". Slice off the cap and place it (gill side down) on a piece of white paper. Let it sit for about 24 hours then check the color of the spores that have been deposited. The spores appear as a very fine powder and will be a very dark purplish black (sometimes appearing completely black) or purplish brown. Spores of any other color indicate you may have a different species, EVEN THOUGH there may appear to be a slight bluish reaction. The bluing reaction of the psilocybes is very strong and quite pronounced, but there are some species that will sometimes bruise a sort of greenish color that can be mistaken as a kind of a blue by someone who is prone to wishful thinking, but none of those species have dark purplish spores.  

As a final warning, sometimes two different species that appear similar to each other will grow from the same clump of manure, sometimes almost intermingled. Make sure that ALL the ones you gather pass the bluing test.    

pinky"

Good luck!

;D-R
IP Logged
JeffBob

Email

« Reply #68 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 9:33pm »

JeffBob here

Thanks so much for you guys getting back to me so quickly.

I do have two little elves that have done shrooms in there younger years, and are quite experienced
in picking.

I need to find out though how many to use to make the tea at the desired strength

I look forward to your advice

Thanks again

JB
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #69 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 3:03am »

JB-

That would depend on the strength of the mushrooms you are using.  

Do you know what strain you'll be picking?  I recall back in the day when I would partake in recreational consumption Cool, my friend brought some mushrooms back from Florida that he had picked, and they were a bit to the weak side.  Here's a link that may help you:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml  

Pinky suggests that the benefits of the therapy may come not necessarily from the amount you consume, but in the trip level you reach.

Hope you had a great 4th!

-R
IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #70 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 5:13am »

Good point about not attracting attention Rick, but there ain't no law against me giving out a contact number for a reliable "herb pharmacist" in South Africa.

Any South African sufferers in need of "Fantastique Fungus" can speak to me ... its dried ... but it sure gives a polar bear three heads if you happen to scoff it at the zoo. And there's tons to go around, cheap as anything.

Danny
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2002, 5:14am by dannyboy » IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #71 on: Jul 6th, 2002, 6:41am »

on Jul 3rd, 2002, 9:57am, Bob P wrote:
Pinky,

Gotta question your explaination of receptor sites.  I do believe that each different type of receptor site (on the neuron not in the synapse) sends it's chemical signal when activated.  A psylocin molecule occupying say a 5HT-1a site would send the same signal as a 5HT-1a molecule occupying that receptor site.  I don't think it sends a slightly different signal.  The sites are programmed to send their specific chemical message when activated.

Whoops! It is indeed the PSILOCIN molecule that occupies the receptor site rather than psilocybin (psilocybin is converted to psilocin once it enters the body). Thanks for pointing that out.

As for whether the signals sent by the synapses are "digital" or "analog", there is still furious debate on this point in neurological circles. It has not been proven at all that "the sites are programmed to send their specific chemical message when activated".

Presuming it is a "digital" phenomenon (i.e. a single identical signal from every type of receptor site no matter what the stimulus), there remain some questions. How many molecules of serotonin (or dopamine or other neurotransmitter) does it take to trigger the signal. One? One hundred? Does the strength or the duration of the signal pulse change depending on the number of molecules involved? What about a very rapid succession of closely spaced pulses? For example a single serotonin molecule may trigger a single pulse of 90 nanoseconds duration. Two molecules binding simultaneously may trigger three pulses of 150 nanoseconds duration with a gap of 20 nanoseconds between them, three molecules may trigger four pulses of 115 nanoseconds with a gap of 60 nanoseconds between the first two and a gap of 30 nanoseconds between the last two, etc.

This is similar to the way a computer keyboard works. Ever wonder how it is possible to get signals that produce over two hundred different characters down a cable that has just two connectors? It's because each key doesn't produce a single "on/off" pulse, but rather a series of pulses, sort of like Morse code.  

Quote:
The psylocin probably activates the the correct 5HT sub-type sites to stop the headache and also activates other sub-type sites which produce the high.  Each then sending it's "specific" chemical message.

The problem with this explanation is that it presumes a very large number of as yet unidentified sub-types which have no rational purpose for existing, evolutionarily speaking.

Dr. Alexander Shulgin has demonstrated conclusively that humans can reliably differentiate the effects of over two hundred separate hallucinogenic compounds. His subjects had no difficulty telling when they were given, say, LSD  or mescaline or MDA or MDMA or bufotenine or psilocybin or 5- MeO DMT or DMT, etc. There is no reason not to presume that if he had access to more than two hundred compounds, the list would be even longer.

So the question is, if there ARE different sub-types, and each sub-type sends its own specific signal, each producing its own separate "high", what possible reason could there be for the existence of several hundred (maybe several THOUSAND) specialized receptor sub-types which can be activated ONLY by the presence of chemical compounds which not only don't exist within the human brain, but which aren't even found in nature and until the last twenty years didn't even exist at all? The vast majority of the compounds Dr. Shulgin used were ones he designed and synthesized himself from scratch.    

Quote:
I don't think you can get a receptor site to send a different chemical message than it is programmed to send.

Some neuropharmacologists hold the same opinion. Many others don't. To me it seems more logical that the shape of the binding molecule (more accurately its electrochemical configuration) elicits a complimentary signal from the receptor site involved.  

I believe the "digital paradigm" so beloved of computer programmers and the recording industry and others has been used to shoehorn too many explanations into spaces where they don't belong. It's very tempting to try to explain almost EVERYTHING digitally. Programmers tend to forget that computers don't HAVE to be digital. It's no big trick to build analog computers. Charles Babbitt's mechanical computers were analog. And before CDs became the rage, all music was analog, as are all radio and television signals.

Some biological systems may in fact turn out to be digital, but I believe most are analog.

pinky

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2002, 6:45am by pinksharkmark » IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Jul 6th, 2002, 9:43am »

Everything I've read on neurotransmission, and I'm by no means a expert, I only go by what I read, says this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Neurotransmitters bind to receptors:

Neurotransmitters float across the synapse until they hit the dendrites of the next neuron. On each dendrite, neurotransmitters find molecules that are set to receive them. These molecules are called receptors. Neurotransmitters recognize specific receptors and "grab"" on to them, a process called binding. (The neuron that originally released the neurotransmitter is the "sending" neuron; the neuron that binds the neurotransmitter is the "receiving" neuron.)  

Each receptor accepts only certain neurotransmitters, much like a lock accepts only a certain key. After binding is done, receptors let go of the neurotransmitters. At that point, several things can happen. Some neurotransmitters are destroyed by enzymes. In other cases, proteins transport neurotransmitters back to the axon from which they originally came, a process called reuptake. Reuptake allows neurotransmitters to use the same neurotransmitters over again-a kind of "recycling."  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That says to me that say a 5HT-1a neurotransmitter can only bind to a 5HT-1a site.  There are about 1000 different receptor sites on the neurons.  That some of them are dedicated to "perception" (and hallucinations are just a change in perception) isn't surprising.  Also not surprising is that the brain can determine what type of change in perception is occuring and associate it with a certain drug (as the doc you quoted has shown).

I'm guessing (just guessing) that psilocin activates a number of neurotransmitters, some deal with perception some with vasoconstriction.  The later help with the CH and the first add the hallucinations.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #73 on: Jul 7th, 2002, 1:04am »

on Jul 6th, 2002, 9:43am, Bob P wrote:

I'm guessing (just guessing) that psilocin activates a number of neurotransmitters, some deal with perception some with vasoconstriction.  The later help with the CH and the first add the hallucinations.

Bob and Pink,

Wouldn't the hallucinations be caused by synapses which control perception  sending a different signal which creates a high as opposed to the signal which they are programmed to send?  If not, what causes the actual altered state of perception?  Is it an excess of psilocin in the synapse, as opposed to a normal amount of serotonin which it would contain when you are sober?  

For example, the larger the quantity of hallucinogen one consumes, the harder they trip.  Would extreme visuals experienced at level 5 as opposed to mild visuals experienced at level 1 be the result of synapses relating to sight being flooded with psilocin?  I'm thinking this excess may cause an altered signal.      

Thanks,

-Rick  
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2002, 2:59am by rick » IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #74 on: Jul 7th, 2002, 8:45am »

My thinking also Rick.

I believe psiocin is a 5HT agonist.  That is, it's close enough to 5HT that it can attack to certain 5HT receptor sites and make the site believe it's 5HT and fire it's signal down the axion (axions are negativly charged in their normal state.  When a signal is sent by a receptor site, positive ions enter the axion from the surrounding fluid, changing the charge from negative to positive for a few milliseconds).  I'm thinking the psiocin actives certain 5HT subtype receptors which control vasoconstriction which stopps the headache.  Perhaps these agonists have a real long halflife which makes the effect last so long.

Perhaps psilocin also activates certain visual receptor sites causing the halucinations.  You may be correct in that there is so much in the snyapse that it over activates the sites.  Or perhaps it activates the correct combination of receptor sites to cause the altered state.

The trick here is to get away from thinking of the chemical in the synapse as a single thing.  ie thinking that serotonin acivates a serotonin site.  In fact there are many different serotonin subtype sites and therefore amny different combination could be acivated at the same time cause many different signals to be sent.

But it still remains that a receptor site only sends it's singal.  An A site sends and A signal.  A B site sends a B signal.  Activate them both and you get an AB signal much like Pinkys explination of the various keyboard pulses.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2002, 8:46am by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss