Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 3:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Shroomer - results so far »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Shroomer - results so far
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Shroomer - results so far  (Read 5748 times)
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

Re: New Shroomer - results so far
« Reply #25 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 9:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good grief---we're a mushroom cult!  

For those reading about or attempting to ameliorate the horrible condition we're in, a must view is here:

http://www.lycaeum.org/books/books/psilocybin-solution/

This is by far the best and most interesting piece of information I have come across on the topic of mushrooms and the depth of inherent worldly information available to mankind. The author lists the entire dossier online in chapters and there's not one section that won't have you titillated and sitting on the edge of your seat.  

Enjoy!

nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
scottwe

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 11:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just an update for everyone.  I have been pain free since June 3'rd. Shocked Shocked Shocked That is eight days and I never did get to redose.  That is on one dose of 2mg dried.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks Rick and Mast and Nancy.  Thanks also to my wife.

Scott
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 11:37pm »

That made my day, bro...i am so happy for you and your family...you will never know how much...love you, and smiles!
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #28 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 2:41am »

WHOO-HOO!!!!

Praying for you that it keeps going.

-Rick
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 12:03pm »

Hi Scott,
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! I hope it continues for you.
I will be trying therapy this weekend. I am mid cycle now(friggin brutal one) and have never wanted the weekend to arrive so badly.
Please update when you have a chance.

Good luck  
Steve
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #30 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 12:50pm »

Steve,

Please remember to keep in mind:

It may not work overnight, it may take a few doses before you start to notice some results, particularly if you are in mid-cycle.  As Flash once told me:  "It could get a whole lot worse before it gets better".  Although the longer you are off of all meds, I would think that you would see results faster.  It may take 2 days before you begin to notice any results, or even longer.  

Or, you may see immediate results.  I know that I have discussed in the past with TommyD and PinkSharkMark the possibility that dosing during a cycle may require a higher initial dose or multiple treatments a bit closer to a recreational sized dose.  You may want to take this into consideration, but please remember to be careful, and be aware of what you yourself are tolerant of.  For me, there is no question between chosing this over the pain.  

Like myself, TommyD, and Notseinfeld, you may require treatments on a regular basis for a awhile until your cycle runs it's course.  While this may require a fair amount of shrooms, if you experience the results that we have, you will be out of pain as long as you keep up on treatments until the cycle is done.  You may also...er...want to talk to those shroom elves about setting yourself up with a proper supply of medication.   Cool  Please remember to stay off those meds, I know from personal experience how that can suck, but for myself, it was well worth it.  And remember to give yourself at least five days between treatments.

Good luck, I hope and pray you experience what we have.

-Rick

IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #31 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 12:52pm »

Steve,

And please remember to keep us posted in detail ;D.

Thank you,

-R
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 2:31pm »

Rick,

Thanks for the input. I have been thru at least 1 full package of paper printing out all I can find here about this topic. VERY well done and informative.  

AND I will provide updates for sure.

Question: Last night will be the last night for Imitrex 50mg tabs (for detox). ANY FRIGGIN suggestions on how to get me thru tonight and tomorrow night until Friday nights dose? One night I did coffee and seemed to postpone until the next night (maybe a fluke). Like I said in an earlier post I am RIGHT at my peak in frequency and INTENSITY. And I just recently resorted to Imitrex (side effects not good for me, but it alleviates the pain sometimes/somewhat). How about Excedrin? anybody know if this will block the virtues of the upcoming dose? I do NOT want to do this "cold turkey" NO NO NO

Thanks
Steve
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 6:20pm »

Hi SteveColo.  I don't know if this will be possible for you since you will be dosing very soon, but my survival plan is going to be oxygen and ice when the time comes.  Some people even use welding oxygen.  My advice for anyone detoxing would be to try oxygen, but make sure flow rate is 9-12 L/min and you have a non-rebreather mask.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 10:37pm »

Steve,

Yeah, that's the part that really sucks Sad.

Ice packs are my best friends, with or without meds when I'm getting hit.  The suggestions of Eyes Afire sound best.  I have never personally used oxygen, but I would think there would be no problem with that as well.  

Caffeine, for me, is an aggravator.  I've gone without java since I began mushroom therapy.  As for Excedrin, I don't know what to tell you from a scientific standpoint, having no empirical evidence.

I can tell you this:  Flash has had more success with this treatment than anyone, and his school of thought is no meds at all, cold turkey.  

It would take me some time right now to read over some info in order to explain how Imitrex can act as an inhibitor.  Without knowing how to explain it in detail at the moment, I can tell you that I believe Imitrex and the triptan family of drugs may block the benefits of shroom therapy more so than most drugs.  You may need to give yourself at least 5 days or so away from it before beginning therapy.  I could be wrong on the time frame, but I am almost certain that triptans will act as inhibitors to the shrooms.  Pinky can give you the story in detail if you email him.

I didn't go cold turkey when I first started, I was still on Doxepin.  Everyone else who has begun therapy recently seemed to have had faster results than I did at the beginning.  My headaches immediately dropped from excruciating to painful after one dose.  After dose 2, they went from painful to tolerable.  They continued to diminish in frequency and intensity with each consecutive dose,  and appeared to be almost gone until I stopped therapy a little too early.  9 days after dose 5, I was in Kip 8 hell again.

So I started over, and after one dose, things settled down to a tolerable level once more.  After a second dose, I felt great again.
I've been dosing once a week ever since, I believe it's been about 5 weeks or so, and I've been fine.

When I dosed only once in a 17 day span during my current regimen, I could feel the shadows starting to creep up again, so I've kept up on taking them once every 7 days.

Hope this is helpful, stay in touch,  

-Rick
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2002, 10:39pm by rick » IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 11:09pm »

Should I change my name to Scott's wife??   Smiley

Scott is still painfree.  IT IS A MIRACLE.  And we did not even do it by the book.  Found the info. mid-cycle just like several others.  Did not want him to wait until the next cycle - wanted this one TO END!  Figured if it didn't work, then we would try again next cycle.  And what the hell?!?! - one dose stopped the cycle cold!  I cannot begin to say how hard it has been to get my mind to grasp that shrooms, of all things, are the "cure" and that they work so well for so many people.  

But we never would have known if not for this site - oh, how I love you DJ - and for the genius and commitment of flash and pinky - my heroes.  And then there were all the others who posted their results.  Scott was hurting, so I just kept lurking here and reading and reading, and I found myself getting so excited I could hardly contain it.  The rest is history.  SO TO WHOEVER READS THIS POST AND TRIES SHROOMS IN THE FUTURE - POST EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY LITTLE DETAIL AND POST IT OVER AND OVER!!  You have no idea what clusterhead or clusterheart may be out there lurking and reading and LEARNING from what you write.

On to the important stuff:

Rick - we have appreciated so much your emails and information and have prayed that you will continue to get relief with your therapy.  Hope you are pain free and we have told the little elves that you are a very special person and that they must be very good to you!

Notseinfield - I laughed so hard about the mushroom cult comment I was crying.  I think we should call ourselves that from now on.  I promise to be on the front lines recruiting every new member I possible can.  Love it!

SteveColo -Scott was mid-cycle and not completely off all meds when he dosed.  I know he is an exception to the norm, but the shrooms worked anyway.  2 grams, in pinky's tea.  But if at all possible, follow Rick's advice and detox completely - might as well give it your best shot!  Scott has had tremendous luck (note, luck) but would have taken weekly dosing and any improvement he could get.  That was the most we had hoped for.  ps....I told the elves to come find you....I too have printed more than a ream of paper to date, just on the shroom subject.  I now call it the "shroom bible." As for the medication interactions and detoxing, I will paste some of pinky's writings on the subject..

continued............................
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 11:15pm »

Notes from Pinksharkmark:  (I am copying this directly from pinky's post - none of it comes from me, as I am not this smart!!)

When it comes to interactions with other medications, we are faced with a significant challenge. Virtually all clinical research into the effects of psilocybin and LSD ceased in the early 1970's, when they were criminalized in the United States. In theory it is still possible to obtain a research license allowing experimentation with these and other Schedule 1 compounds, but in practice the complexity and inertia of the governmental approval process is so overwhelming that very few researchers have the stamina to see it through to the end. As a result, there are few studies to refer to regarding interaction with drugs in existence before 1971, and no clinical information at all on drugs developed since then.  

However, there are some medications which are known to reduce or eliminate entirely the effectiveness of psilocybin (and LSD).  

1) All ergot compounds, such as ergotamine, Sansert (methysergide), cafergot, DHE 45 (di-hydro ergotamine), methergine, to name the ones most commonly used in treating CH.  

2) First-generation anti-psychotics such as Thorazine.  

3) Opiates and synthetic opiates, such as codeine, oxycontin, heroin, morphine, tramadol, methadone, demerol, laudanum, opium, and others. It is still unclear whether these compounds will reduce the effectiveness of psilocybin in treating cluster headaches, but it is well known that opiate addicts get less "high" on mushrooms and LSD than non-addicts will.  

There are also medications that will increase the effects of psilocybin (and LSD):  

1) A class of compounds known as MAOIs (monoamine oxydase inhibitors). There are few MAOIs being prescribed today. Most have been replaced by newer-generation compounds, but there are still a few in use, mainly for psychiatric conditions.  

2) Lithium. Lithium has the same effect as an MAOI. It has been reported by several "recreational" users of psilocybin and LSD that Lithium will roughly double the psychoactive effects of a given dose of psilocybin (or LSD). It is unclear whether it will also double the CH-fighting properties, but we have one report from a clusterhead who deliberately took some Lithium immediately before ingesting mushrooms and had a much more intense experience for a few hours than he had bargained for. In his case, the psilocybin also killed the headaches,  but it is probable that he would have achieved the same relief with less stress.  

3) Dissociative anesthetics such as ketamine, PCP (phencyclidine) and DXM (dextromethorphan).  

There are medications that we suspect will interfere with the action of psilocybin (or LSD):  

1) Any of the triptans, such as Imitrex, Amerge, Zomig, Maxalt. These compounds are chemically quite similar to psilocybin. For example, Imitrex (sumatriptan) is basically sulfonated DMT (di-methyl tryptamine) while psilocybin is phosphorylated DMT.  

2) Any of various serotonergic medications classified as SSRIs (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) and Tri-Cyclic antidepressants. This covers a number of medications sometimes used to treat CH: amitryptaline and nortryptaline, Zyprexa (olanzapine), Depakote (divalproex sodium), to name a few  

continued....
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #37 on: Jun 12th, 2002, 11:16pm »

There are some medications which may interfere with psilocybin (and LSD):  

1) anti-convulsants or anti-epileptic medications such as Neurontin (gabapentin) and Topamax (topiramate). The exact mechanism by which topiramate works, for example, is still unknown, so it is impossible to even guess whether or not it will interfere with psilocybin.  

2) medications which are either synthetic analogs of certain hormones or which regulate hormone production: Prednisone and Synthroid, for example. There is no direct evidence to suggest that these drugs will interact with psilocybin, but hormones have a very complex and inter-related effect on numerous body systems. We have seen a few reports on this message board suggesting that thyroid levels play a part in cluster headaches.  

3) tranquilizers and mood-altering medications such as Xanax, Valium, Prozac and Wellbutrin.  

There are medications which will probably not  interfere with the actions of psilocybin:  

1) antibiotics  

2) NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as tylenol (acetaminophen), aspirin, ibuprofen, Vioxx (rofecoxib), etc.  

3) antacids and anti-ulcer medications  

4) asthma medications  

5) insulin  

It must be noted that the above category reflects my personal opinions. I have seen no reports of interactions with these medications, and I suspect that the mechanisms by which these medications act is too different from the action by which psilocybin and LSD work for there to be any significant interaction, but I wouldn't want to bet my life's savings on it.  

Finally, there are the Calcium Channel Blockers. The most popular CCB used by clusterheads is verapamil. We have received reports of clusterheads achieving complete success with psilocybin while taking verapamil. I have also seen reports from chronics whose only medication at the time of their psilocybin trials was verapamil, who failed to get any significant relief. Was this lack of success due to interaction with verapamil? I don't know. I am open to argument on this one.  

Verapamil does act on a certain subgroup of serotonin receptors, but it appears not to be the same subgroup that psilocybin and LSD act on. For the moment, I will tentatively classify the CCBs as a category of medications that may not completely block the action of psilocybin, at least for some individuals. I reserve the right to change that opinion as more data becomes available.

The above information can be found in the following thread:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1013709016

GOOD LUCK AND PFDAN!!  Kristi
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 12:48am »

Thank you, Kristi!  An excerpt from what you have just posted above:

1) Any of the triptans, such as Imitrex, Amerge, Zomig, Maxalt. These compounds are chemically quite similar to psilocybin. For example, Imitrex (sumatriptan) is basically sulfonated DMT (di-methyl tryptamine) while psilocybin is phosphorylated DMT.

What I wanted to explain to Steve was this:  Psilocybin and the triptans are quite similar, as Pinky has stated.  Your brain will allow psilocybin to be absorbed once every 5-7 days.  After you dose, this window of opportunity to absorb psilocybin closes for that 5-7 day period.  

The triptans act on a specific group of 5-HT (serotonin) receptors within the brain in order to abort an attack.  If I am correct, psilocybin acts upon many groups of 5-HT receptors within the brain, one of which being the group related to CH.  Because the triptans and psilocybin are so similar in their chemical makeup, by taking one of the triptans, you may effectively be closing the "window" for the specific group of receptors related to CH for a 5-7 day period.  The result:  the psilocybin can't get to where it needs to be until the window opens again.

And Kristi, your prayers are very much appreciated.  I am happy to hear that Scott is still doing well, these stories give us all hope.

And I am also very happy that you want to stay on the front lines.
When we relay our stories to one another, we give others an opportunity to discover this therapy.  Also, staying active on this board allows us to intercept questions and provide support for new shroomers.  We've got to "spread the love".

So if we're now the "Cult of Fungus", I guess Pink is our high priest... Cool Cool Cool
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 9:16am »

Thanks everyone for the support,  
update; last dose of imitrex tuesday night,
Wednesday night; Roughly an hour and a half prior to my "time", took ff 700mg tabs, then paced like a wild man, took 3 ibu 200mg/, more pacing, then shadows started coming, then took 70 drops of ff tincture (keep in mind I have been off/on ff for +/- month so it is my system), then started pounding water (water treatment) like no tomorrow (3 BIG glasses), then HEAVY SHADOWS (almost on the brink of attack but not quite there), then I remembered reading about someone riding bike like mad and aborting CH, soooooo....I started doing push-ups, jumping jacks, jogging in place (not good one, stopped that one right away) got heart rate going really good, did ice pack after all the while closing right eye so as to not let ANY sliver of light accidently slip in. AND I ACTUALLY DODGED ONE!!!!!!! RARE RARE RARE
just one more night (thursday) to sweat out before therapy

Kristi/Scott - you guys wish pretty well lol, those lil elves came thru last night....so I am ready...been thinking about the purchase of a bug zapper for entertainment purposes ...er ummm...damn bugs really bad here now. also I am new here and not familiar with all the fellow sufferers; scott was episodal and mid cycle right? and 2 g did the trick? dried? level achieved? elve procurement, or nature picking or grow? (is there a difference is potency) I am trying to determine what level and dosage I need to achieve for mid cycle therapy

Rick, I dug up some archives on your therapy, sounds like you had a bit of a rough go for awhile, (I think) but it does sound like after 1st dose you at least had a couple of days of some relief...If that is all what I get, SOME relief for a day or two I will be a happy camper, just a small break at this point to get one full night of sleep will be considered a success for me. and your comment in a post about "it took me awhile to type this" LOL....I bet it did... LOL

Eyes, thanks for the oxygen advice...my honey has a friend with a supply...I have never used it....and IF/WHEN I am able to skip a night due to ff or whatever it comes back the next with a vengence....I may need a crash course on how to use it to get thru tonight...

and friggin A... LOL...you gotta be a chemist to understand some of these writings...(wishing I had taken chemistry classes a lil more seriously)

One thing that has not made sense....one person...(I have read so much I am loosing track of who wrote what)..that they took a small piece of cap and put under tongue for every attack and it was aborted.....this occured approx 4-5 times then did a tea after that...why would the initial piece not block further therapies or was the "piece therapy" not strong enough to do the blocking deal?

Thanks
Steve

Steve
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 10:24am »

PS. can someone please link me to the level 1,2,3,etc. monitor deal? I have been trying and trying to find for an hour but can not recall where it was
Thanks
Steve
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #41 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 11:47am »

Can we officially dub this the "Pink Scale" so we don't have to type out "psychoactive level on Pinky's scale from Important Notes on Mushroom Therapy Part 1" when we talk about it? ;D:

There is an equivalent of the "Kip Scale" that is commonly accepted by "recreational" users to measure the effects of a dose of mushrooms:  

Level 1  
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colors, etc). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".  

Level 2  
Brighter colors, and some subtle visual anomalies (i.e. objects appear to slightly shift position or "breathe"Wink, some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.  

Level 3  
Very obvious visual distortions: everything looking curved and/or warped, patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye images become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etc). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".  

Level 4  
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.  

Level 5  
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived ceases to exist. Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).  

Most episodic clusterheads will need to achieve somewhere around a Level 1 or Level 1.5 experience in order to terminate their cycle. A few episodics have had success at even lower levels, but a few have had to reach Level 2.  

Most chronic clusterheads will need to take enough to achieve a Level 1.5 or Level 2 experience. In particularly stubborn cases, even higher doses may be required. CarlD, for example, reported a few months of painfree time after reaching (from his brief description) Level 3.  
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 12:41pm »

SteveC;

To answer your earlier post, yes Scott has been episodic for 11 years.  He was peaking in his current cycle when he dosed.  He was already mid-cycle, like you, when we found and researched the shroom details.  No time to farm, too scared to pick, so we found the magic elves.  Exactly 2 grams, dried, no idea what variety.  He made pinky's tea...here is the link...

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages2/110213.html

I know that different batches of shrooms can have different potencies.  I also know that it takes more fresh shroom than dried, because fresh shrooms still have the water in them.  Either Pinky or Flash had some commentary on fresh/dried issue, but I cannot for the life of me find it in these mounds of papers and threads.  Sorry!  Rick - are you familiar with this one?

As for level reached, he was shooting for 2, as suggested.  He definitely got the brighter colors (as evidence by his new love of bug zappers  Grin) and says some subtle visual anomolies.  But he also got some slight level 3 stuff too.  So from what I have read, this probably qualifies as a higher initial dose, which may be why it was so effective even mid-cycle.  He did de-tox for 24 hours on some meds and 12 hours on others.  We did not know the half-life of them, but figured some would still be in his system.  

Also, Scott has now weaned off ALL meds. and feels great - no more insomnia, depression, anxiety, or other side affects.  This is the first time he has been drug free for more  than 4 years.  So when the next cycle approaches, he will dose in advance, med-free, and we will pray that our luck holds (maybe it's not really luck, I know Pinky, but it feels like it right now...I keep expecting to wake up....)

I will be thinking about you tonight Steve and praying for your success.  Scott or I will probably be on here - shout if you need us.

PFDAN....Kristi
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #43 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 12:47pm »

Yes, Steve, it was a roller coaster ride for me in the beginning.  That's precisely why I've kept hanging out here.  I had to learn by trial and error, and at times things were great, and other times things were rough.

If those of us who have gone through that trial and error period would continue to hang out here, we could potentially save others a lot of the trouble that we ourselves have experienced.

Here are what I believe to have been my biggest mistakes when I began mushroom therapy:

1.  Not detoxing completely before beginning therapy.

2.  Slowing down on therapy too soon.  I wanted to see if the cycle was ending on its own, and when I stopped dosing for 9 days, I was in hell.  I then gave myself another 17 days off I believe, and my cycle became full blown again.  I thought I may have needed a break from the shrooms, but I now believe that this was a mistake.  When I began dosing again, after having detoxed completely for about 5 weeks at that point, I believe, everything got better in a matter of days.  I don't think I should have stopped dosing at all.

3.  Not having a scale.  I was eyeing my doses.  Now that I have a scale, I can see that when things were a bit rocky early on, I was taking doses which were way too small too soon.  While I can get by on 1 gram per dose now, I should have been taking at least 1.5 to 2 grams in the beginning.  Look at the fantastic results Scott has had so far from an initial 2 gram dose.  All of this adds further support to PinkSharkMark and TommyD's theory of the possibility of higher initial doses being needed for some individuals.  I would think that in your case, Steve, you should take this into consideration, since you are about to try to knock down the beast in mid-cycle.    

The "shroom under the tongue" technique was used by Monique's husband, Greg.  As we have discussed already, you are only able to use an effective dose of psilocybin every 5-7 days, after which the "window of opportunity" closes.  Monique and Greg realised that trying to abort single attacks would effectively close that window, which would not allow Greg's brain to absorb the important therapeutic doses he needed.  There's an old thread somewhere in these archives where Monique and I are discussing this, and, as usual, the Pink One had enlightened her on the matter, and she passed the info on to me.

It's a learning experience!  But the more we learn, the more we need to share with each other.  We can, in time, iron some of the wrinkles out of this process by continually communicating with each other.

Good luck, brother!  I'll be praying for you,

-Rick
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #44 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 12:59pm »

Kristi,

I know what your talking about, but not where to find it.  It's no big deal, I believe it was Pink that stated that it was important to dry out your shrooms completely so that you could weigh them accurately.  If you weigh them undried, you cannot tell exactly how much water weight the shrooms are retaining.

Also, speaking of dosing before your next cycle, don't forget the importance of dosing at the mid-point between your cycles.  I believe Flash doses every 6 months.

Much love to everybody,

-R
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 1:01pm »

Rick / Steve:

Are you guys going to the convention?  We got our plane tickets a couple of days ago and are sooooo excited!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

It would be amazing to be able to meet you in person and celebrate your success!  

Hell, it will be wonderful to get to meet everyone!

PFDAN....Kristi

p.s.  Scott thinks they should give out shrooms as a door prize!
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #46 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 1:50pm »

Kristi,

I'd love to meet you guys, Steve, and Mr. Notseinfeld.  

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of financial catching up to do, after missing so much work in this last cycle.  Plus I have to go to New York with my girl to visit her and Grandma, and that's priority.  And, I lost a planned trip to visit dear friends in London due to this last cycle  Angry Tongue.  I'd still like to try and make up that one, but I don't know if the $$$ will be there.  I'm also aiming to switch jobs in September if possible.  Shocked  A lot going on for me right now.

How about a Cult of Fungus field trip to the Dominican Republic to visit and give thanks to the Pink One someday?  I know my girl would be down...and we could lie in the sun ;D.

-R
IP Logged
kristi

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 2:50pm »

Rick,

Methinks a trip to "Republica Dominica" sounds wonderful, maybe we could shoot for 2003.  By then we could have enough people involved to qualify as a real "cult" and get a group discount on travel!

SteveC,

I read Rick's recent post about weighing the dose and not having a scale.  Do you have one?  I agree with Rick that it is crucial that you make sure to do a big enough dose the first time around.  We did not have a scale and I was scared to death Scott would do way too much or way too little.  So, I hit the archives and found an old thread that led to the following hand-made scale:  Take a section of a coat hanger or a stick or something and hang it suspended in the middle by a string. Hook a baggy to each end (we used tape).  Adjust the position of the string until it hangs even.  One ml of water weighs 1 gram, so we used a medicine dropper (easy for us - we have a young child who takes liquid medicine!) and put 2 ml in one baggy, since Scott wanted to do 2 grams.  Then we put shrooms in the other baggy unil the coat hanger was level again.  May seem archiac, but it will probably get you closer to the dosage you want than eyeballing it.

Oh, and Scott says definitely do 2 grams the first time.

Once again, good luck.

Kristi
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #48 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 3:20pm »

Hi Kristi,  
Please have Scott check his private messages on here.
If you do not know how...upper right corner top of the page....it will say...Hey Scotte..you have 1 message....hit the word (message) there and he can read it I just discovered how to use it.....I had a message in there for days LOL
I will be back later....gotta run to a meeting

THANKS!!!!!!
Steve
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #49 on: Jun 13th, 2002, 4:26pm »

TommyD should also pack tanning oil for next year... Cool.

Maybe we could get even get Mr. Flash to travel from Scotland.

Don't worry Pink, we'll stay at hotels (can't we all crash on your floor, dude?  Grin ;D ;D).
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2002, 4:29pm by rick » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss