Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 5th, 2024, 3:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Shroomer - results so far »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Shroomer - results so far
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Shroomer - results so far  (Read 5747 times)
scottwe

Email

New Shroomer - results so far
« on: May 30th, 2002, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey gang.

Let me start here with a giant THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to flash, pinky, and all the other shroomers who have blazed the trail and then posted their positive results.  Reading it all for the past two weeks has overwhelmed me with hope, so I decided to try it.  The bottom line - I finally got my hands on some, did it last night, and WHAM! I have been pain free for 24 hours.  One little shadow this morning, and that was that.  Now, let's all pray together that it continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my background.  I am 31, diagnosed as episodic 11 years ago.  Always had one cycle per yr in the spring which would last about 12 weeks.  Cycle would start easy, build up over time, reach a peak of 10 or more CH a day, and then slowly wind back down.  Oxygen has worked well as an abortive, but no meds did the trick until I got on nuerontin in 1999.  Since then I have skipped a cycle or two, had a couple of half-assed ones at unusual times of the year, and had shadows a couple of times that never led into a cycle.  I have gone as long as 20 months in between cycles. This "achievement" has been maintained by a steady increase in the nuerontin level - I am now taking 4800mg per day.  Side affects of depression, anxiety, restlessness, irritability, and insomnia, all from the nuerontin, I guess have got me on antidepressants and sleeping pills also.

The details of my shrooming:  after reading up on the deal, I decided to detox and get ready.  I started tapering off the nuerontin (yes, under nuero.'s care) and the headaches intensified pretty quickly.  I increased the dosage back up, but not to the level I was on before.  Things improved mildly.  I was able to drop of the antidepressants, but kept up the sleeping pills as they helped me greatly at night.  At this point, I was about halfway through the cycle, at the peak, and didn't have time to do any farming before the end of the cycle.  I tried to find the shrooms through other means, but was not very successful.  But finally, a couple of days ago, I got my hands on some through a reliable source.  So, I detoxed for about 12 - 24 hours, and then I went for it at about 11:00 pm last night.  I had 2 grams, dried, and did Pinky's Kickass Mushroom Tea Recipe.  Yummy!! (NOT!)  

According to Pinky's descriptions, I got to level two, possibly some slight level three stuff.  I never knew the blue light of a bug zapper could look so pretty at 3 am!   ;D  Mostly just giggly though, and couldn't sleep.  Had some mild stomach upset for about 3 hours but no heachaches at all while bug-zapper-watching.  I had one shadow at 10:30 this morning.

So, it's now 11:30 pm - 24+ hours pain free.  **BACKFLIP**  Nothing like kickin' the beast in the balls, regardless of the length of time it continues.  Should note though, that I could tell the cycle was starting to wind down on it's own, before I shroomed (so this cycle may have been shorter than 12 weeks).  But not once in 11 years has it ever just disappeared like this.

I will keep you updated and will hope that I will be able to claim full success in each and every update!!

PFDAN to all.

Scott   ;D  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: New Shroomer - results so far
« Reply #1 on: May 31st, 2002, 1:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Scott,

Glad to hear you're feeling better.  A few times when I've dosed, I've had that feeling as if someone flipped a light switch in my head and the pain feels like a distant memory.  Other times, I'd get Kip 2's for a few days afterward, and then have some days of remission after that until I needed another dose.  

The advice I can give you from my experiences over the past few months would be this:  Be careful.  I thought I was better for a few weeks and stopped dosing, only to have the beast come back full force.  I knocked it back down again by dosing without trouble, but it was brutal when it come back, to say the least.  So be prepared to dose again if necessary.  I'd had a few Kip 7-8's, but I held off from dosing again to see if I had done enough already to hit full remission, and I was wrong.  However, I would also hold off from dosing again as long as your attacks remain at a tolerable level.  Save your artillery for when you absolutely need it, especialy if you have a limited supply.

Hopefully, you won't even need to think about this advice in the near future, and you'll have a long remission from here on out.  If not, keep us posted on how you are doing, and enjoy the bug light Shocked!

Peace,  

Rick
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2002, 1:37am by rick » IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 31st, 2002, 4:14pm »

So, how do you get the shrooms?

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2002, 7:08pm »

I don't think this is a topic that should be discussed in this forum, my friends.  DJ is ultimately responsible for what is up on this message board, and we have to respect that.  Let's not get anyone in trouble.

While I truly believe that this treatment should one day be legalized and legitimized for clusterheads, it remains illegal for now.  Research should be done in a university setting so that the medical community can have the facts on the true medicinal benefits of this therapy.  Save yourself the trouble of having to look for them and produce a small amount for yourself in your own home, and don't tell anyone about it.

Mine, of course, were given to me by magic elves that live in the trees in front of my place.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

-Rick  
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2002, 7:08pm by rick » IP Logged
scottwe

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 31st, 2002, 9:50pm »

Rick;

I absolutely agree.  I believe it is imperative that we keep the details of what we did and the results out there, so new clusterheads can get as much information as they can on how and what to do and as much encouragement as they can that this might be a positive solution, but the rest is up to them.

Since I didn't have time to farm for this cycle, I was grateful that those same magic elves don't just live in your trees; they have summer homes in mine.

Meanwhile, an update.  I ended up with another shadow about midnight last night, and one about noon today.  Nothing since.  And although I realize one dose may not do the trick, I am prepared for that possibility.  But, I am thrilled to have gone almost 48 hours now with only 3 shadows.  To steal the explanation of another shroomer on another post somewhere, I can tell that these shadows are different from the usual, not just a shadow, but actually a headache getting ready to happen.  Then it just disappears, like something has sucked the life out of it.  The best word I can use is "fizzles." And I will take whatever small measure of power over the beast that I can get.   Smiley

PFDAN to all

Scott
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 3rd, 2002, 9:16pm »

Sorry about that...
truthfully didn't know that there wasn't legal ways of obtaining them.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
scottwe

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 3rd, 2002, 9:58pm »

;D ??? Wink

Hey friends,

I am sorry that I haven't posted any updates lately but I have been trying to get to the five day mark without jinxing myself.  Well I am finally at five days with no pain and I must say that it is a liberating feeling to know that you can go to bed and wake up and not worry about the pain.  Even if they came back which, according to a lot of the other posts they could still do, it has been nice.  

I want to address something here.  I realize that a lot of you are suffering  and are very unsure about stepping over to the shroom side.  Without giving any details I will only say that I am in a professional position where it would probably cause me a few problems at work if my friends knew exactly what I have done but I decided, with the help and support of my wife Kristi and all of you here on the board that I had to step back from any position of what is right and wrong according to the law and I chose to do what was right for me to stop the pain.  None of us should have to live with the kind of pain that we do so I said that I am willing to do whatever works to ease the pain so long as I am sure that it is not self-destructive.  I guess that it was easier for me to make this decision than for some of you because I was a recreational user for a short time in my distant past and I felt that this was a very safe alternative especially when you consider some of the other chemicals that we have placed in our bodies under the care of our Doc's.  I am not trying to preach to anyone but if my words can help to alleviate just one persons fears and they can get the same relief that I have then I have succeeded in what I set out to do and that is to help someone else the way that those who came before me have helped my pain.  Thank you to everyone for your support.  I will keep you posted.  PFDAN. Cheesy

Scott
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:16pm »

Thank you very much Scott for your updates.
I agree with you.
Which is the worse of the evils, risking heart probs etc with some of the meds we are perscribed, or a day of being "off".
I've had to do the shroom treatment 3 times now, I'm episodic and did them at the VERY beginning of my cycle.  At this point right now, I would being woken up every 2 hours all nite long, plus on verap, imitrex injections, and in my "hell room" with my O2.  I'm having to do the shrooms every 2 weeks at this point.  I'm hoping my last treatment was really my last.  I don't like the effects, I've not done "recreational" in the past.  And was very scared to at the thought of trying them.  But it beats getting on meds and doctors visits.
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: Jun 4th, 2002, 1:05am »

Glad to hear you are both still well.  I'm still doing fine also, and I need to dose once a week at this point.  I'm only taking 1 gram per dose, which just gives me a good buzz as opposed to a typical recreational dose.  

We should again remind everyone that in SOME cases, you don't need to take recreational sized doses to get the results you are looking for.  This may not be true for everyone, and that's where the individual needs to experiment until they can determine what amount will work for them and how often they should be dosing.
Some individuals may actually need larger doses than others.  

I had only dosed once in a 17 day span, and on the 6th day after that dose (this past Saturday),  I woke up with a Kip 2.  I treat that as my body's way of telling me "it's time".  I had a mild CH going all day on Sunday when I took more shrooms, and it lasted through the course of my "therapy".  As the shrooms began to wear off, the CH went away.  

Today I felt great, minor shadows here and there, but, as always, they kept shrinking throughout the day.  Sometimes it can take up to 2 days for the pain to vanish, but during those 2 days, my attacks are so small they are nothing more than annoying.  I've been doing this for 3 months now, and I've been working full time again.  I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I would also like to note for those who have no experience with hallucinogens that it may be scary at first, but you will become used to them over time.  Also keep in mind that this is not an "overnight" cure for everyone as it has for Scott, it may take some time, particularly you've been on heavy meds for a while.

I am also in total agreement with Mast and Scott, this has been FAR easier on me than the meds were.  Just consider the fact that many individuals take multiple meds on a daily basis, many of which are completely ineffective, while this therapy involves taking one medication once every week or two.  And for myself, I'm praying to God that it continues to give me this relief.  It's all good so far.

PFDAN to all,

Rick
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: Jun 4th, 2002, 1:14am »

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1013709016
IP Logged
scottwe

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 4th, 2002, 11:17am »

Mast Rick and everyone else.  Just a little update.  After posting last night I had a kip 4 around 4:00am and then again at 9:00am I had a kip 5.  I am trying to track down those elves in my front yard again but it may be tough.  

I agree that not everyone is going to need the same dose as the next person.  I will also add that my dose was a little intense even for someone who has done it in the past.  The best recommendation that I can make is to have someone you can trust hang out to keep you company.  It will get better over time but anything freaky is still favorable to laying on the floor punching your head all night.  I don't think that I will have to keep dosing forever since my cycles have always ended sooner or later which is why I am trying to shut down the cycle by taking a good dose.  I can handle a little bug zapper watching verses letting my 4and half year old see me laid out on the floor writhing in pain or waking my wife up with my shouts for it to go away.  I am doing okay for now.  As soon as I can aquire another dose then I will let you all know the results.  

Rick you are absolutely right about doses.  It obviously wasn't an overnight cure for me either so I will keep on keeping on.  Until later.  PFDAN Undecided

Scott
IP Logged
clusterdome

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 4th, 2002, 11:50am »

Scott,

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the time you put into this thread!  Your good work does not go un-noticed.

PFDAN....................Ed
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: Jun 4th, 2002, 12:32pm »

Scott,

I tried taking a fairly large dose once, and it seemed to be more aggravating than beneficial.  But that was dose number 6 for me.  Maybe it's beneficial to take a higher initial dose, then stay within 1-1.5 gram range.  Who knows.  Man, some serious reseach would do us so much good.  Hope you find those elves, brother!  

Again, you most definitely speak the truth, I'll take this buzz over the pain any day.

Good Luck,

Rick

IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #13 on: Jun 4th, 2002, 3:50pm »

The last time I shroomed was in January. I took a larger than expected dose...about a trip level 2+, from a half-gram of what is apparently a high-potency species. I followed up with about a quarter gram of the same.

I've been pain free since. Previous shroom treatments (two equal doses of a half-gram, trip level 1) would get me two months with nothing but shadows.

Maybe the high initial dose is something to look into further...

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: Jun 5th, 2002, 12:37am »

Tommy,

Wow, level 2+ from a half gram?  That sounds like a very efficient species to use.  Do you know what kind it was?

-Rick
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jun 8th, 2002, 11:53am »

Rick and Scott, my prayers are with you guys....Good luck to you both...and keep us posted...btw, what are you gonna do when you catch the little elves? LOL. ;D
IP Logged
scottwe

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jun 9th, 2002, 10:54am »

Nancy,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.  I never have found those little elves again but neither have I had any more HA's either.  Knock on wood.  I think that the couple that I had were just the beast saying goodbye.

Nancy I hope that you can find some relief soon as well.  Please keep us informed and don't ever give up.  My wife is very worried about you.  If you need either one of us then hit us directly if you have to.  Take care everyone.  

Rick have fun typing. Cheesy  

I have not noticed if the stems hit harder than the caps.  I will pay more attention next time.  Later.

Scott
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: Jun 9th, 2002, 1:49pm »

Scott,

So I was asking those elves "how do you guys do it?", and they gave me this list:

http://www.lilshopofspores.com/  

http://www.sporeworks.com/  

http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/scgg.html  

http://www.fanaticus.com/index.htm  

I thanked them.

LOVE to Nancyc!

-Rick
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jun 9th, 2002, 8:55pm »

Scott, great news...and tell your wife thanks so much for me...please keep us posted...and if you catch one of those little elves, send him to me...I need an elf around LOL....Rick, love you too bro....You guys are both keeping the shroom news alive and we appreciate it ....PFDAN to both of you bros...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jun 10th, 2002, 6:00pm »

Hello all,
found this board about 7 days ago and still reading and printing!!!
Thoughts on shrooms and mid cycle? I WISH I had found this board prior to my cycle so I could have started the "therapy" at the begining of my cycle (seems this is best?)
Also, first try at Imitrex last night (been afraid to use it)took 25mg then 45min later another 25mg. lessened pain somewhat, but felt nauseous this am. Could be coincidence with huge fire in Colo. not sure. Others the same nauseous feeling with Imitrex ?
Been 20 yrs or so since I visited the magic shroom deal but will go there in a heartbeat to stay off of meds.  

Also, stay off of Imitrex if I opt for shrooms? I want to try and hold off till weekend to do them.  

"what a long strange trip it has been" and it SUCKS having to dread going to sleep at night
IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jun 10th, 2002, 6:12pm »

PS.  
This site has helped greatly putting a word with a symptom. But one has me baffled a little. Shadows - is this that feeling one has in your typical CH area (for me behind right eye area) when you are in the cycle, but know it is not an actual CH coming on? sort of a statement from the beast that he is there? I have been trying and trying to describe to my fiance' that "feeling" but can not put it into words, but shadow seems to fit.  

Thanks
SteveColo
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jun 10th, 2002, 6:59pm »

Hi Steve, I'm a Steve also.  I believe Imitrex interferes with the shrooms.  It would be best to search the archives for some posts by PinkSharkMark because he explains many of the medicines which may have an impact on shrooms.  One of the main side-effects of Imitrex is nausea.  To me 'shadows' are the feeling I get while in cycle... not a full-blown attack... but the pressure, burning eye, slight dull pain or feeling of fullness, and the sense of impending doom that an attack is near, just waiting to happen.  It's kinda hard to explain.

Concerning medicine and shrooms: Use the link that Kristi posted on the thread 'eating stems as opposed to caps'.  That's the archived discussion I was thinking of from Pinky.

« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2002, 7:12pm by eyes_afire » IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jun 10th, 2002, 10:28pm »

have to wait so many days between imitrex or any triptans and shrooms...i think it is atleast 48 to 72 but ask my bud, Pinky...good luck.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #23 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 2:08am »

SteveC,

I began dosing during a cycle, and while I have been unable to completely break it, I am not in pain anymore.  I am hoping I will be able to let up soon, and see if the cycle has stopped altogether.

The best success stories I have heard have been complete abortion of cycles by dosing before the cycle begins.  Like you, I did not discover this therapy until midway through my cycle.  I was on a lot of meds at the time, and I started without totally detoxing first.  It worked, slowly, but it did work.  I was no longer in severe pain when I started to dose, but I still had some pain.  After a few weeks I was fine, so I stopped dosing.  Mistake!

The beast came back with a vengeance.  No problem though, because as soon as I began again, life was beautiful!  By this time, I had totally detoxed from meds for almost a month, and I saw more relief come even faster than the first time.  Since then, I've been afraid to stop dosing again.

My advice to you would be this:  Detox!  Particularly if you have a limited amount of shrooms.  You want your "ammunition" to be as effective as possible against the beast, so give your body the best fighting chance you can give it while using this natural medication.

There is still much debate as to if mixing medications with shrooms will reduce their effectiveness.  My school of thought is that I don't want to even run the risk of disrupting this process, so I do not take anything.  I took two Tylenol one day after therapy, and it was slightly aggravating.  I don't even use caffeine anymore.

Imitrex and the other triptans would probably block the benefits of psilocybin more than most drugs would.  Email Pinky if you'd like to ask him about this, he's a good guy and has always been very helpful to me.  

Be prepared, you may experience complete relief after one dose.  Or, like myself, you may need to dose every 5-10 days for the next three months.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, and please keep us posted in detail on how you are doing!

Hope you get PFDAN soon,

-Rick

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2002, 2:10am by rick » IP Logged
SteveColo

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 8:17am »

Thanks for the input,

I will post updates when I try the alternative therapy. (hopefully this weekend; gotta find those lil elves lol)
Did alot of reading last night (just waiting for the beast to return) and found tons of information written by pink (I think).

Thanks All
SteveColo
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss