Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Has Anyone tried acupuncture???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Has Anyone tried acupuncture????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Has Anyone tried acupuncture????  (Read 398 times)
ahlevis

Email

Has Anyone tried acupuncture????
« on: May 30th, 2002, 10:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi...now grasping at straws...working with three nuro's and no releif....at this point I am the one making the decisions about what drugs we are and aren't going to try.... still am willing to do anything....  Trying an acupuncturist today to see if that helps...maybe it is all about chi....     ??? let me know if anyone has tried it
IP Logged
ave

Email

Re: Has Anyone tried acupuncture????
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2002, 3:58pm »

Hello, Ahlevis,

instead of trusting to people whohappen to  come along and read your post, do some research of your own. There is a wealth of info, also on acupuncture, in the archives. (Search button, top right).

Any subject you think of, there'll usually be some info about it.
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 31st, 2002, 6:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i have,but it did not help me.

Svenn
IP Logged

clusterdome

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2002, 10:15pm »

I tried three pin pushers. Two different styles or art forms.  No help here to report.  It's OK to grasp, who knows? It might help someone, maybe you, it just didn't do anything for me.

Best of luck to you.............Ed
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 31st, 2002, 10:43pm »

Yep, tried that too...dated an Doctor years ago that was into that on the side...he gave me the treatment one nite and I never wanted to date him again LOL...did nothing for my chs or my idea of the ideal date.
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #5 on: Jun 3rd, 2002, 3:00pm »

I tried A, even had an attack while on the table. Highly reputable practitioner. Very concerned he could not block the pain. Discussed value of treatments. We avoided needles on the face during future treatments. Main value was to keep my energy up during the cycle which lasted 4 months.
IP Logged
David_B

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15th, 2002, 7:08pm »

I am on about my sixth spell of CHs.  On one of the earlier spells, I think that Accupuncture actually stopped the Episode (you can never be sure - it might have just run its course).  Since then, I have tried accupuncture with each attack and it hasn't helped.  This time around I have had two sessions of accupuncture and it hasn't made any difference.  I am convinced that it helped me once, so you've got nothing to lose, -go ahead.  I find it to be a really relaxing and pleasant experience in any case.  As with Doctors, I think that it takes a good and understanding accupuncturist.  I wouldn't be afraid to chop and change until you find someone that you're comfortable with.  At leat it feels like you're doing something to help yourself...    

...it would be great if they could just lance the spot wouldn't it!  (They don't do this).
IP Logged
Ntruder

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 16th, 2002, 2:53am »

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the board and finally had something to add.

I had acupuncture about 2 years ago by a very reputable acupuncturist in Maryland.  I actually flew there to see him.  It didn't help the clusters.

He also made me take these homemade pills.  About all they did was make me hallucinate horribly and unable to sleep for about 24 hours.  I learned an important lesson from this, one I'd like to share: "All-natural" and "herbal" labels are *NOT* necessarily safer or better for you than drugs cooked up in a factory.  Those labels just mean the ingredients are grown and not manufactured, which for some illogical reason lets them avoid regulation.
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 16th, 2002, 7:08am »

Yess i have tried that too as anything else.also healing,but the only good thing"stuff"is imitrex combined with oxygene
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2002, 7:08am by The  mad viking » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss