Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 4:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « chiropractic care »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   chiropractic care
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: chiropractic care  (Read 575 times)
troy

Email

chiropractic care
« on: May 30th, 2002, 1:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since i've posted, however I do come here often to see how everyone is doing. I wanted to find out if anyone here has ever tried chiropractic care. Last October I decided to give it a try just to see what the results might be. My neuro had me taking varapimil and neurontin and my goal was to become med free. Well the long and short of it is after five months of seeing a chiropractor twice a week I was completely pain free. So at that point I decided to stop taking the meds to see if in fact the adjustments that the doc was doing were helping me. Well now it's been two months since I stoped taking the meds and I have continued to see the chiropractor, and to my dismay the beast is back. So now I guess Its back to the meds after seven months of no cycles. Incidently is the longest remission period I've had since these things started six yrs ago at age 34. Well enough of my rambling if anyone has had any positive results with chiropractic care please respond.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: chiropractic care
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2002, 6:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

chiropractor care is one of the first things I tried to relieve my ha.  After a couple months of trying I gave up on it.  It didn't help this chronic clusterhead at all.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 30th, 2002, 9:14am »

Touchy subject Troy - I believe the last person that mentioned a chiro on the MB sent the thread into mass confusion  Shocked  Man were emotions flying high!!!

I went to a chiro one time MANY years ago - after 4 years of being undiagnosed I thought it may help.  It was a HORRIBLE experience  Angry  and I'll never do it again!

As you know, what works for somce ch'ers doesn't work for all.  If it works for you - I say stick with it.  Maybe it was the combo of the meds and the chiro that keep the beast away.

Good luck to you,
NotH20
IP Logged
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

Beware of the Dumb side of the Force!

SweetLandings
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2002, 9:50pm »

I have been seeing a Chiro for three weeks now.  My initial reason for going was that I had gotten my sciatic nerve pinched again. (Have done this many times since I was a teen.)  The Sciatic is slowly getting better, but I have seen no improvement at all in my ha's. But I wasn't really expecting to, although I did hope for some relief.

Good luck to you!
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
clusterdome

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 31st, 2002, 10:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I went to four of them over the years with no change in pain ever. You never know 'till you try, that's why I tried four times. Now I'm done!  Never again.  Sorry.

Good luck to you...............Ed
IP Logged
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 8th, 2002, 7:38pm »

I went for Chiro care during a cycle, the whole cycle, never relieved me at all. The chiro was sooo confused..he said chiro treatment always works on his patients with HA's...but at that time I was misdiagnosed as having migraines or whatever, but not CH. So, he even tried acupuncture on me..no luck. Finally my cycle ended as usual. The chiro was great for a severe back injuryt I had a couple years ago though when the regular docs did nothing for me except give me drugs.  
But like it has been said, if it works for you..be thankful.  

PFDAN to you!
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 12:30pm »

Every time I see a post about chripractors I wonder "Why chiropractors? Because they studied insurance law and took salesmanship classes?" I just don't get it!

Ever hear of Osteopaths? They are medical doctors with real medical educations and are usually in family practice.

And to answer your next question:  
1. No. I am not an Osteopath and I've never been to an Ostepath. I do not work for an Osteopath or trying to sell anyone on Osteopaths.
2. But, I have been to a chiropractor many years ago.
3. No the chiroprator did not help a lower back problem but I did get a wonderful cluster attack 10 minutes after he finished. (I was not in a cycle at the time and had not had an attack for many months prior to the chiro "treatment"Wink
4. Yes, I was young a stupid at the time. I know better now.

I just don't get it!

http://www.osteopathonline.com/Benefits/index.htm
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
dougW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

pain is inevitable.   suffering is optional

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 9:47pm »

Bob:  I know you and I have had this discussion previously, but everytime someone asks a reasonable question (above) on Chiropractic care, you respond, usually with much negativety, anger and dogma.    

I find it interesting that you base your entire opinion on the profession because "I have been to a chiropractor many years ago."  I hope you don't base your experiences with the medical profession on one practitioner.  

I also find it interesting you have a positive opinion about osteopaths, but have never been to one!  I expect you would also write-off the profession if you encountered one bad one.  

Is no one else, including the person above entitled to voice their opinion on Chiropractors without hearing yours, or is yours the only one that matters?  

Also of interest, you got an attack 10 minutes after leaving the Chiropractor.  Yet it was certainly the Chiropractor's fault??  I hope i never get and attack after making love, or I'll never do that again!  Smiley

We've all see enough idiots and snake-oil salesmen, including the occasional Chirorparactor on this board.  Gosh, It would be like shooting every neurologist or surgeon in the world based on one in a far off continent.

As for your comment..." Yes, I was young a stupid at the time. I know better now. ", I suggest you may not have learned as much as you think.

please see my post of August 10, 1999.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/19913.html

In the meantime, please give it a rest.
IP Logged

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness. I'll meet you there. (Rumi)
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 10:18pm »

A couple of things before I give it a rest.

Troy states he was treated by a chiropractor twice a week for 5 months and at the same time was taking varapimil and neurontin. After five months the pain went away. He stopped the meds but continued the chiropractor treatment and the pain came back.

Karla had 2 months of chiropractor treatment. It did her no good.

NotH20 had chiropractor treatment. "It was a HORRIBLE experience    and I'll never do it again!"

Sweet_Landing had no relief from ha's.

clusterdome tried 4 chiropractors. "Never again" he says.

Lori had chiropractor treatments for the entire cluster cycle. The cycle ended as usual.

See a pattern here dougW?

Now I'll give it a rest.

For the time being.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss