Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 4:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Is this normal? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Is this normal?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 225 times)
Troxie

Email

Is this normal?
« on: May 29th, 2002, 10:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

UndecidedNeed anybody's experience on this please!  Trying not to panic.

I started weaning off of Neurontin last night by taking only 200 mgs. of it at bedtime instead of my usual 300 mgs. and then I took my normal 300 this morning.

I'm ALREADY experiencing quite a bit of dizziness and wondered if this is a coincidence or if it's normal.  

Has anybody ever done this?

The dizziness kind of comes & goes and almost feels like what I went through when I first started the medicine four years ago.  Am I imagining this? ???

I really want to have success at this and am trying to remain strong and positive here...just need to talk to someone whose possibly been there and can give me some insight.
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 29th, 2002, 10:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can't say this is normal -- no experience with this med.  

I've been on others that have weirded me out while building to a certain level, and again on the way down to achieve the correct doseage.

Call your doc.  Talk a nurse.  Call a pharmacist.  They should be able to give you a baseline of information.  

I'm also confident that someone on the MB will have experience with this.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2002, 12:32pm »

Hi Troxie,

did your doc advise you to wean off the neurontin in that specific dosage/timing?  I would call and let know what happened.  

I did not experience dizziness that I can recall (but then again I don't remember well in general ;D), however, when I INCREASED dosage, things got ugly.......

don't know.  I think you should let the doc know in any event.  don't panic just let doc know.

keep posted on progress.
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2002, 4:17pm »

I don't remember diziness....

What happened to me was as I started going off of it the stomache upset came back that I experienced at the beginning.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss