Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lithium »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lithium
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lithium  (Read 200 times)
dlou

Email

Lithium
« on: May 28th, 2002, 4:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just wondering...has anyone had strange side effects from Lithium?  Such as not being able to sleep, general paranoia and almost like halucinations (lights flashing, etc.).  The dr just added this one last week along with verapamil.  He also increased the Keppra.  The headaches are better, but cannot sleep at all.  It seems like the ch is "right there" ready to pounce.  I have to get some sleep.  Any comments?
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: Lithium
« Reply #1 on: May 28th, 2002, 4:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wish I could help dlou,  

I have no experience with Lithium.  I sure can relate to the "Ready to Pounce" feeling.  If you're like me, and I know I am,  the worry and fret can almost get the better of you.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

ave

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2002, 4:59am »

Lou, do yourself the greatest favour: check the archives,. Activate the search button top right and check lithium.
There are even experiences there from people who have since left the board - a whole gold mine.

Good luck.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 29th, 2002, 8:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I did not experinence any of those symptoms on lithium but I talked with my pharmacist and she said that hallucinations, startled responses, uncomfortableness is side effects of lithium.  You need to talk to your dr and let him know what is going on asap.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Greg_A

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 29th, 2002, 7:41pm »

i'm on 600mg of lithium and 720 of reg verap.... no bad side affects other than a slight twitch in my pinky finger from time to time....

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss