Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil & Prednisone worked for me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil & Prednisone worked for me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil & Prednisone worked for me  (Read 211 times)
jd3dx

Email

Verapamil & Prednisone worked for me
« on: May 24th, 2002, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hellooooooo pain sufferers....

I went through 6 months of headaches 3 years ago and finally took a large dosage of Prednisone and verapamil and they disappeared for over 3 years.....

Just wanted to pass this on.... I started getting them again and will get another perscription soon...
IP Logged
donnadb

Email

Re: Verapamil & Prednisone worked for me
« Reply #1 on: May 25th, 2002, 12:20am »

Be careful with the pred.  I gained 35 lbs on it in 6 months.  Yes, it works but when you get off of it the CH'S come back with a vengence1
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2002, 10:20am »

Glad that Pred and Vera got you through that cycle. Hope they will work for you again.

But yes, if you have to taper off (your doc should supervise that) there's the chance the HA will come back if the cycle has not run it's course yet.

I am on Vera only, and have tried tapering off again, but I can feel the attacks sitting there and waiting for me to stop the Vera altogether. Fat chance!

People often report that meds that worked well one time work differently the next episode. Hope that is not so for you!
IP Logged
simpson1974
New Board Junior

« Reply #3 on: May 29th, 2002, 8:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I can second that.  Verapamil and Prednisone worked like a charm for me a few years ago, but when another cycle struck, they did nothing.  I'm thinking about asking the doc to go back to that combination and try again, since it's been a few years since I tried it.  That's what I hate about CH... there's so much trial and error and guesswork, and trial and error equals PAIN!  

Good luck this time around.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss