Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « KEPPRA? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   KEPPRA?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: KEPPRA?  (Read 860 times)
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

Re: KEPPRA?
« Reply #25 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 1:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

;D ;DSis,
 As you already know the Keppra is a seizure control Med. I suspect the one making you sleepy is not the Keppra but the Doxipin
http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/sin1406.htm I would go to healthsquares main medication page and look up each and every med your on.http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/rem1371.htm I had taken Sinequan one time when my Brother in law gave me one to try so I could get some sleep. he takes it because he is mentally ill.  I woke up 48 hrs later with the worst headache I had ever had (drug hangover) and the combo your on just seems to be overkill and if your over medicated how can you function at all?
     After Healthsquare I would go to Dr. Koops site and check the interaction of mixing all of these medications together.  Here is his address http://www.drkoop.com Look for the drug checker link.
     I'm very worried about you Sis, Be very carefull about your serious thoughts, call me if you need to talk to someone!  Pappy
IP Logged
oringkid

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 10:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nancy, sorry you are going through so much hell right now.  I agree with Pappy though...my doc prescribed doxepin for help with sleeping.  Is that what yours prescribed it for?  Or for depression?  Cuz it is an old med for depression.  Now that they have found so many better meds for depression, a lot of docs prescribe it for sleep.  

How often are you taking the doxepin per day?  I would think you would only need it at night if it is to help you sleep.

I hate to see you sleeping your life away!  Feel better soon!

Sherry
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 12:29pm »

According to all I have read on keppra...that is the med making me sleep alot....I only take doxepin at nite along with remeron and keppra...I did not take the doxepin last nite but slept for 12 hours anyway...I have been splitting the keppra dose into two doses as I have to take 4000mg of it per day...Thanks for the website, will check it out...
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 3:14pm »

Nancy,  
     I spoke with my Neurolorist today about your case, I remembered the swelling that you were experiencing while here in Florida, I told him about the different meds you were on and he saw  the same thing I did, He expressed concern that you are over medicated, the Max dosage on Keppra is supposed to not exceede 1500mg.  All three of these medications can cause a rash and swelling but he felt it was probibly the combination of remeron and Doxepin that was causing the swelling and the rash mighalso be from that but given the fact your on verapamil he thinks it could be the keppra causing the rash, all of them in combination at the dosages you take and drinking any alcohol are a deadly combo!  Please re-evaluate your meds! John
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 5:04pm »

Thanks so much bro.....gonna talk to my neuro as soon as she gets back into town...The swelling is down after i got off the depakote and switched to keppra...but the rash is still around...I am staying so sedated...i felt the keppra was way too high too...I am not taking the doxepin tonite...and thinking of reducing the keppra so i can function alittle...as far as alcohol, if i drank one beer now, i would be in a coma lol...love you for caring bro. Oh, did he suggest anything i could take? (wishful thinking ...)
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #30 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 7:04pm »

Nancy,

You are a great motivator.  God I wish I could take your pain away.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me.  I learned so much from talking to you.  You are the first real clusterhead I have ever spoken directly with.  Thank you for taking the time.

Keep focused on your grandchild.  

Anyone new reading this, pay attention to this woman, because she's a fighter.  We need more fighters.  And I mean fighting by staying active.  If everyone who ever used this board came on here once a day and responded to at least one post, we would all be more connected against this thing.

PFDAN,

-Rick
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jun 7th, 2002, 7:21pm »

Thanks, son...you know a Woodstock gal has to have some knowledge lol...may not be the rite kind though ...i do appreciate your post...and most of all, i enjoyed our talk last nite...you helped me so much...depression, especially when it is from medication, is no fun...but you helped me see that I can keep fighting...that is what this mb is all about...Support.....I now have a new son LOL..welcome to the family, Rick.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss