Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 4:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « More in Imitrex & Insurance »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   More in Imitrex & Insurance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: More in Imitrex & Insurance  (Read 198 times)
simpson1974
New Board Junior

More in Imitrex & Insurance
« on: May 23rd, 2002, 12:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm sure someone has posted this before, but for anyone who doesn't know...

The OUCH website has an 800 number to call Glaxco's "Reimbursement Resource Center."  They will work with your doctor and insurance company to help you get more imitrex.  I don't know how successful it will be, but I contacted them today and now have someone working on my case to help me get more than the two injections I am allowed every ten days.  

The number is 1-800-745-2967.  Use option #1.  (The OUCH website says option #4, but that has now changed.)  You'll need your doctor's info and your insurance info (your insurance card will have what you need.)  The phone call doesn't take very long at all, and if you can get more meds, it's worth it!  

Has anyone else ever done this?  I just called today.  I don't know how successful it will be or how long it will take, but it's worth a shot, I suppose.

The info is on the left side of the page (scroll down some) at the following link:
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/medications.htm

IP Logged
simpson1974
New Board Junior

Re: More in Imitrex & Insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2002, 9:41pm »

GREAT news for me and perhaps others who take Imitrex and deal with Aetna insurance...

A simple phone call from my doctor increased the number of Imitrex kits I am allowed per month from 3 to 8!  Using the imitrex tip from this website, I can stretch that to 48 headaches that I can shoot down per month until the cycle ends or I find some new medicine that works for me.  It couldn't have come at a better time, as well, because I'm a teacher getting ready to start summer school on Monday.  At least I'll be ready to face it...

I have a crappy plan B that, even though I pay quite a bit for, isn't the greatest.  However, the one thing they do come through on is Imitrex, for which they pay 100%!  

I hope other people can do the same thing and get some relief.  All of the preventative medicines I have had success with in the past are failing me right now, but today my doc put me back on Prednisone (it worked once, didn't work another time) and I'm trying Depakote for the first time, so hopefully that will help.  

PFDAN everyone.
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 31st, 2002, 4:16pm »

Thank you!
I'm having lots of problems with my insurance.

My Dr. has wrote a letter and called and my insurance is not listening.

I'm calling the #.

Thanks again...Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
simpson1974
New Board Junior

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2002, 7:12pm »

Good luck with that.  I hope they can help you.  I just basically had my doctor tell them that there would be no insurance if I were to be unable to work, which is just about what it was beginning to look like.  

Again, good luck.  I'll pray that it works out for you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss