Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 3:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbie here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbie here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbie here  (Read 235 times)
mscandigirl

Email

newbie here
« on: May 21st, 2002, 5:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey there everyone.  
This morning around 4am, I experienced something that I had only experienced one other time before (about 2 weeks proir)...I was woken up by this incredible pain in the right side of my head, behind my eyes, and my temple, but generally the whole right side of my head. I grabbed my head and woke up my boyfriend in tears from the unbelievable amout of pain I was in. He asked me what it was and I assumed it was maybe a pinched nerve or something....
We both had been thru this before the 1st time it happened. He just did what he did last time: Rubbed my head/neck/shoulders after giving me about 4 advil and massaged me until i fell asleep about 45 minutes later.  
The first attack was unusual but after i went back to sleep I was fine until this morning's attack.
I have been suffering from migranes for about 16 years.....I am 22 now. But I have NEVER suffered from any type of headache like the one this morning. So, I called my mother ( a cronic headache sufferer) and described to her what I went thru, and she told me it sounded like a cluster headache. So, I looked that up on the internet here at work and found this site.
But I'm not sure if its CH that I have been experiencing. I have only suffered in my sleep, never during the day like I have read.
I've only had two episodes, but I was hoping to find some preventative care before I have another one again. Its the worst type of pain I have been in to date.
Whoa, I just realized how much I droned on...hehe
Can anyone give me some advice or anything?
Thanks...... Smiley Cheesy
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2002, 5:52pm »

Welcome to the board!  First of all... Try the cluster quiz to the left, if you haven't already, but to get a truely accurate diagnosis, you'll prolly have to at least talke to your family doctor, or more likely a neurologist.  Secondly, search through the archives and message board, you might find what you're looking for in non-prescription, home brew type remedies, but if what you're expiencing really is cluster, you may have to start on prescribed preventative, which goes back to the doctor thing.  Good luck with your headaches, and I hope you can get some answers real soon!

PFDAN............................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2002, 6:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If it's cluster, find a good neurologist, one who is knowledgeable about cluster headaches.  Prepare ahead by reading the great info on this site and also the O.U.C.H website.  Well wishes.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 22nd, 2002, 9:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

On the OUCH site you can find a referred neuro in your area........the only advice I have is to obtain as much info as possible prior to your next visit with a doc.....the more knowledge you have, the better off you will be.

Good luck to you,
NotH20
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 22nd, 2002, 10:39am »

Hello,

if it IS clusters, then, yes, they are very scary the first time!  
I am not a doctor but they sound almighty like the real thing.

I can't add to the good advice you have been given above. Can only say that this message board is here JUST to drone on if you need help, cry and vent, ask and give info, if you have clusters.

Oh, and btw, what you have experienced ()f they were clusters) were two attacks. An episode is the time within which you get more or less regular attacks.

Hope things look up for you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss