Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 3:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Another Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Another Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Another Update  (Read 251 times)
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

Beware of the Dumb side of the Force!

SweetLandings
Email

Another Update
« on: May 21st, 2002, 11:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I have been seeing the Chiro for almost two weeks now.  The Sciatic nerve is not really any better. And the headaches are not either.  This sucks!  I am giving him until the end of this week to at least get the Sciatic nerve fixed.  If he can't do that, then I will just lay my ass on the floor until it decides to straighten out.  I am just too disgusted for words.  Sometimes the lower back hurts so bad that it over-shadows the ha's.  I guess in some sick and twisted way that is kinda good.

He has been pushing me to start taking ingesting Magnesium.  Says that this will help my muscles relax better and also Magnesium helps calcium to do what it is supposed to in your body. As of yet I have not had time to research this theory.  I am so sick of 'theories' and being someone's guinea pig at this point.  I just want to feel better, as I am sure you all can relate to.

I have been under a large amount of stress these last few weeks, and I know this is not helping.  My oldest son has decided to move to his father's in California.  Letting him go is tearing me apart, but in my heart I think it is the best thing for him.  It is so hard because I think that part of the reason he is leaving is because he can't deal with me being in pain like I am sometimes.  I have tried hard to hide it from him and the other kids, but as you all know, sometimes it is just too hard to hide.  Just trying to take one day at a time and wishing the pain in my head and back would stop just for a few days.

Hope all of you have many PFD's and a good week.
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

Re: Another Update
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2002, 11:46am »

Hey Sweet - sounds like you're really having a rough time right now   Sad  How old is your son that is moving?

Not sure about the Mangesium treatment - never been that route before....but I surely know what you mean about the "tester" for everyone.  God I hate that!  Angry  

Just remember that our ears are always open - to whatever life throws your way.....

Keep the faith - the sun will shine again....

NotH20
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2002, 11:50am »

One more thing - check out Dannyboy's post on Magnesium .... research at your fingertips!  Cheesy

NotH20
IP Logged
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

SweetLandings
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 21st, 2002, 12:07pm »

Not,
He is 13.  Such a tough age sometimes.  He has had so much trouble in school this year as he is ADHD.  Sometimes teachers can make this type of child so much worse.  I have spent half the year at the school and finally got fed up and told them that he didn't talk to me the way he does his teachers. Mainly because I would knock his little head off.  He doesn't behave the way he does at school at home either.  I told the school they will get the behavior that they expect from him and since the majority expect him to fail and be a little hellion that is what they have gotten and I am tired of them calling me and bitching about it.  He is so smart too!  He was failing 6 weeks ago and I reached out and touched him (lol) and now he has all A's and B's.

I asked him why he wanted to go live with his dad and in his youth he showed much wisdom.  He told me that he wanted to change, he wanted to do better in school and change his behavior.  He said that no matter what he did here, these teachers wouldn't ever treat him with respect and no matter how hard he tried they would always treat him like he was too much trouble to bother with.  He wanted to go somewhere, where they didn't know him and they would believe in him again.

We live in a small town, about 5000 people.  We are also very well known in the community, as we own a newspaper here.  I felt that he was being wise beyond his years and felt that no matter how it hurts me, I have to afford him this chance to be who he truly is.  He is such a wonderful child, always looking out for me and taking care of me.  Sometimes in the middle of the night he will hear me get up and come and sit with me while I hurt and hold my hand until I feel better.  I just don't know what I am going to do without my baby.

Ok I am bawling like an idiot here so I will stop for now.

Thank you for listening.
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: May 21st, 2002, 5:19pm »

Sweet - seems like I've been passing out the hugs today on all the boards...

{{{{{Sweet}}}}}}

You are correct - 13 is such a tough age, but he sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders.  The love of a Mother knows no boundaries Sweet - maybe a short visit at a new school with new surroundings will give him enough of a swat in the butt to come back and show all the teachers in your community off.  Having 2 teenage daughters myself - I totally relate to your daily pain.  My first thought would be to keep him at home and do the correspondence courses that the Board of Education offers, but he's probably too young for that.  My next suggestion would be to change schools - maybe a religious school or some sort of private school in your area = but God that is soooo expsensive (knowlege first hand in my situation)....   Shocked  

How about some sort of counseling - maybe that might give him an avenue that he needs.  There is a bright lining to your story - most kids DON'T do what they are told at home and are perfect angels at school - you have the complete opposite.  You get to actually see your son for the good kid he is   Smiley

Stop your crying and start making some action Sweet.  If he's strong enough to tell you he needs to move, then you must be strong enough to seek out all efforts to salvage his childhood

Stress of ANY kind definitely doesn't help the ch's.  I wish you much luck and I'll keep your family in my prayers.

NotH20
IP Logged
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

SweetLandings
Email

« Reply #5 on: May 21st, 2002, 8:11pm »

Thanks Not.  I know that things are going to work out for the best.  Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing.  As for the tears, well I must admit that they are me feeling sorry for myself.  I am going to miss him so much but it is not like he is going to forget his Mamma. Smiley  I just pray that he sees this as an adventure and enjoys it to its fullest.  This will all work out for the best.  It is no longer in my hands, but in the good Lord's and He will see to my children.

I appreciate your shoulder and ear.  I have a great husband that is so very supportive of me and the kids.  This has been hard on him too and just being able to talk a little about it here and lean on someone else for a moment is nice.

Thank you seems so lame sometimes, but there just don't seem to be any other words.
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 22nd, 2002, 1:40am »

Not's advice is sweet Sweets ...

Hit "search" and type "magnesium"  ... won't take more than five minutes to do...  ... its cheap and easy

and if your medical advisor is going to give the stuff to you any way, you may as well get rid of that Guinea Pig Feeling ...  

...that's why God is a DJ

Keep us posted

Hugs
Dannyboy
IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: May 22nd, 2002, 4:50am »

Injuries to the Sciatic nerve is a common thing. I injured mine many years ago while starting the lawn mower. Something I'd done a thousand times. The pain and numbness in the leg still comes and goes and can be set off by the slightest movement or the roughest rugby game. Never know when it'll get ya.
Here's what I do when it hurts. Lay on the floor. Not a cement floor but where there is soft capet. Pull your knees up as high as possible, hold them there and rock back and forth about 10 times on the lower back where it hurts. Do that a couple times a day. For me, after the second day the pain is gone or almost gone.
I also found the walking 18 holes of golf made the pain go away. You'd think that swinging a golf club would be a killer on the back but it's not. And that was 'walking' not riding a sissy cart.
On the magnesium subject, it is sometimes taken for nervous or jumping leg syndrome. That's a musle thing but the magnesium might help.  
P.S. I not a doctor so you can't sue me for this advice.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
michelle

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 22nd, 2002, 6:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

dear sweet,

i have had sciatic pain before and went to chiro, because i was pregnant he couldn't take any x-rays but told me a treatment to relieve the pain.  on the affected side, on the outside of your thigh, as hard as you can take it, rub up and down....there are glands in the thigh that clog during sciatica and by rubbing briskly (it hurts) you unclog them and it gives relief.  it's easier if you bite down on something and have your husband do this for you.  I am a teacher's aide for special ed. and we also live in a small town (800) people and i couldn't agree with you more.  it is the teachers that make matters worse!  There are no bad kids......but there sure as hell are bad teachers out there!  
I have a 15, 14, and 5 year old, don't know you but do know you are a selfless person because every 13 year old boy i believe needs to be with their real dad, if possible.  you are doing the right thing by letting him go and i give it 6 months before he returns to you.  he just needs to know dad will take him and you'll let him go.  You're a good mom!  

PFDAN to you
IP Logged
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

SweetLandings
Email

« Reply #9 on: May 22nd, 2002, 8:44am »

Thanks again everyone!  You are all so very special!

The sciatic feels pretty good this morning, but late last night the ha's began raging. If it ain't one thing, it's another.  It seems like my body knows that I can only take so much of one kind of pain or another.

Heading off to the chiro again.  Have a good day!
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss