Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 11:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « electronic impulse devices »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   electronic impulse devices
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: electronic impulse devices  (Read 564 times)
mick_w

Email

electronic impulse devices
« on: May 14th, 2002, 9:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all,
first timer at this site, tried all the meds nothing working i  saw some info about an electronic impulse device, just wondering if anyone has tried this type of device and if so do they work??
IP Logged
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

Re: electronic impulse devices
« Reply #1 on: May 14th, 2002, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Mick
   Noticed this your first post - - t"tried all the meds".   What meds have you tried?  What type clusters do you have?  How long have you had the bastards?   Try and be more specific and there are those here who can help.

Re the electronic impulse device - - - They do work I know for post-operative pain and have a friend who is using successfully for severely damaged vertebrae (sp?).  It's my understanding that these units are more or less electronic accupunture which short-circuit pain receptors.  Whether they could be used for clusters and where you would position the leads, I have no clue - - - I'm sure someone here does.

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 14th, 2002, 12:35pm »

;D ;DHello and welcome to the Family,
     being more specific will help us all to help you ,if that is possible.
     I have tried the Tens unit(I think that is what thay called it, it works for specific types of pain, but cluster headaches isn't one of them, I attempted to get my Neurologist to try one for my attacks and he told me the full story about cause and affect, it's been many moons ago so I can't remember the specific's of the conversation other than the fact that it will not work on this type of pain!  
  A very Good first Question for a great begining to a relationship with our family.
 Again Welcome and hope to see some other thought provocitive post from you very soon! Pappy ;D
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 14th, 2002, 2:23pm »

Sailpappy and others:  

If you cut your finger, the nerves report to GHQ that there is damage and then get a message back that says: Go hurt! (For pain generally is a useful warning).

Clusters hurt because the big nerve that is all over one side of one's face and head, gets a wrong damage message somehow, and "thinks" it has to hurt.  
But on the spot where it hurts, there is nothing wrong, so pain fighting (even electronically) does not help. Also in most clusters the pain moves about - maybe because it does not really "know" what to do.

Simply put but it is the way I explained it to myself  and others.
IP Logged
mick_w

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 14th, 2002, 4:10pm »

Hi and thanks for the replies,
This is my 3rd cluster ive been luckier than most so far they have been 3 yrs apart.
The pains i get start with swelling of right eye quickly followed by pain in same eye which then travels to my right nostril roof of my mouth, and right ear ive been having 2/3 attacks each day for about 4 weeks now which seem to be worse since i started taking Inderal 160 mg also been given immogran which do no good, in the past ive been prescribed serotonin, dihydrocoedine,and other one i cant remember name none of these helped. Ive tried feverview and lavender(ill try anything to get rid of the pain)hoping to gain any knowledge from your experiences that may even ease pains.
Thanks for your concerns and i'm pleased to be joining a family of people who understand and support  
mick w
IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 15th, 2002, 10:15am »

Hi Annemarie,

Its been quite some time.  

You may well be right in your assesment of clusters but there is no doubt in my mind that the explanation is not valid for ALL sufferers, so in that regard I find it misleading.  

I really believe that when it comes to Understanding Cluster Headaches we have to be careful of espousing theories as The Truth. Blanket Theories even more so.

No offence intended but on my conscience I can't let it slide.

I know nothing about electronic impulse devices

Dannyboy
IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 15th, 2002, 11:03am »

OUCH Library

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/hypothalamus/wire_in_brain.htm
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 15th, 2002, 11:20am »

Gog Damn ... Go Baby!!

Now I'm impressed, ta

I don't understand a word of it, but I hope they do it again some time soon

I know nuuuuthing ... I learned it from a booook
Dannyboy
IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

Beware of the Dumb side of the Force!

SweetLandings
Email

« Reply #8 on: May 15th, 2002, 11:34am »

Thank You Bob!  Very interesting!
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss