Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 4:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anxiety with Depakote? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anxiety with Depakote?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anxiety with Depakote?  (Read 206 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

Anxiety with Depakote?
« on: May 13th, 2002, 10:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, 23 year old male. 2 years chronic with clusters. about 2 a day. been on verapamil 400mg/daily for 1 year. started depakote two weeks ago. 250mg/day for a week, 500 mg/day for a week and now just started 750mg/day.  

Question: anyone ever feel mentally slower or depressed, or have elevated anxiety that they feel is a result of the depakote. i have been prone to anxiety in the past so it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't because of the depakote. but since i started the depakote i have notice a severe drop off in sex drive as well. bummer....

any reports on this specific matter would be appreciated. thanks. email me if you don't want to post. thanks!

justin
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Anxiety with Depakote?
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2002, 11:39am »

Hi Justin,

All of the things you mentioned have also occurred with me as well.  Depakote did not work for me with stopping the ha's so got off it.  This past cycle took Neurontin which is similar to depakote.  I stuck with the Neurontin.  Had the same things happen as you describe.  
You can check out www.rxlist.com and get some information.  But it is more technical.  I know exactly what your talking about cuz it happened to me.  ALL OF IT.  The last thing you mention is still residual and I've been off Neurontin for two weeks.  Yup.  Bummer it is.
Hope things get better. Kim
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2002, 11:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The Dr put me on depakote last week (500 mg) for precursor symptoms (I'm episodic). I took one, within 5 mins my heart was pounding, anxiety out the wazoo, couldn't sleep. Dr took me off it the next day, now on Corgard. Some lethargy and chest pain if I take too much, still have shadow HA (pressure in forehead and bridge of nose) but so far no attacks, yay!
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2002, 3:31pm »

Dear Justin:  I was on depakote for about 7 weeks:  5 weeks at 500mg daily and about 2 weeks 1000mg daily.

Sorry to say it did not help with the ch.

Mentally slower would be an understatement.  Sometimes I just couldn't talk.  I knew what it was I wanted to say but the words just fell out of my mouth.  Kinda hard to explain.  I was also very clumsy and disorganized.

As for the anxiety:  can't say for sure it was the depakote because having 5-8 ch's a day was enough to cause major amounts of anxiety.  Did the depakote contribute?  Maybe.

Sex drive?  What sex drive?

Wishing you PFDAN always, Linda T.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 15th, 2002, 1:53pm »

thanks guys. spoke to neuro last night. and he said it was too early in therapy to show those signs of anxiety (only 3 weeks) go figure. guess i'm just screwed up. yeah me

jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss