Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 3:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex and Insurance »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex and Insurance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex and Insurance  (Read 232 times)
Kenzie60

Email

Imitrex and Insurance
« on: May 12th, 2002, 9:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[b][/b]I was diagnosed with Cluster headaches in May 2001, after 8 months of being diagnoses with sinus infections.  The imitrex pills helped and then the headaches went away at the end of June 2001.  Now they are back.  They returned 12 days ago and are getting worse.  The imitrex pills stopped working.  I tried Zomig, Maxalt and they did not work.  Now I am using Imitrex injections and they work.  Now the problem.  The insurance company will only let me refill my script every 10 days.  Does anyone out there know of any way to get my medications.  They want me to pay $135.00 for the script.  I cannot afford that.  Please help.
Roseanne Cry
IP Logged
ave

Email

Re: Imitrex and Insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 12th, 2002, 2:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Roseanne, try the search button top right and type in free Imitrex.
Glaxo Wellcome do give away samples sometimes. So do doctors. Several people have posted about this.

Plus, get your doctor to write a formal letter to the insurance company that you do NOT have migraines, (for which the number of inj. per month can usually be limited), but DO have clusters, for which you need a great many more injections.

Also: check out the imitrex tip left of the board. Saves a lot!

On the other hand: has your doc tried you on oxygen yet? Much cheaper, less  meds in your bod, and it has helped many people.

Check out the medical info top left of the board.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2002, 11:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree with Ave...the first thing you need to do is have your doc write a letter to the appeal board of your prescription plan and have it MEDICALLY NECESSARY to have more refills - they will usually give you a one-year period and then you'll have to appeal it again.

Also, have your doc write the Rx for 3 at a time with refills (that's 3 boxes with a total of 6 injections)....when my doc writes the Rx that way, my insurance will run 3 boxes at the same price as one - 6 injections for the price of 2 - WOW  what a deal   ;D

And lastly - even if you are out of your cycle, go ahead and refill your Rx when it comes due and stock pile your injections.  The stress of the cycle is 100 times worse when you can't get your meds when needed.

Good luck to you - keep the faith,

NotH20
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2002, 4:18pm »

The best solutions are:
Samples
Get your Dr. to write a letter.. Mine did and we'll see what happens.  I'm waiting for the shipment now.

Another thing is that there is a sight in brazil where you can order imitrex without a prescription.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 15th, 2002, 2:11pm »

ok, yeah...here we go

get O2, for the weak ones so you don't waste injections

i get 4 refils every 30 days of statdose. that's 8 shots. not enough . every month i go to neuro and get at least 3 sample refils (six shots). that usually tides me over

there are vials you can get of imitrex. they come in a five pack of 6mg doses. same as the statdose. my insurance covers 4 five packs. that's 20 uses. more than the 8 i get with statdose. then you get allergy syringes and you're good to go. some people only use 3mg of the vials at a time and find relief. that gives you 40 uses!  

good luck! if your pharmacy is having trouble finding the vials let me know. i emailed glaxo and got the order# for them. they're hard to find. thanks!

jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss