Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 10:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Donation Chest »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Donation Chest
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Donation Chest  (Read 315 times)
johnrudd
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Donation Chest
« on: May 10th, 2002, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Although I've been episodic since '72, only found this site 8 wk's ago with my new bout.
The post's of sufferers without adequate insurance support is unbelievable. Fortunately, I'm covered from retired military service and current employment.  
Is there a bank on this site or elsewhere, that cash donations or pharmaceutical (?) donations can be made?
Maybe I should've looked in past post's, but didn't.
I'm sure that at the end of an episodic cycle there's a ton of real help out there.
John
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Donation Chest
« Reply #1 on: May 10th, 2002, 8:15pm »

you know johnrudd, I never thought of that...........
I have surplus prescriptions not yet filled.  I don't want to sound like a drug pusher, but if it could help someone out that'd be great.  I have script for preventative and abortive...My cycle is Over thank God.  Maybe someone will post to this and give some feedback......................
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2002, 1:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't know if it's too good of any idea to start trading prescriptions, but I like the idea of taking donations to help clusterheads that don't have any other way to help pay for their prescriptions.  I'd definately donate to a charity like that.

PFDAN...................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2002, 3:13am »

I THINK, but then I am not an American, that in the US giving somebody else your medication is either illegal or something you could lawsuits over.

Same with prescriptions. Tread warily!

And where to go with your dollars? Try the OUCH site (button on the left of the board) and become a member.

Better even, keep visiting this board and share your knowledge and a bit of your time with other sufferers.
It is what made this board so great!
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2002, 5:05pm »

You are correct Ave... Trafficing in controlled substances is illegal, even if you don't charge for them.  But then again, I think everyone lets someone borrow a prescribed pain pill, or whatever, when they are in need, so the legal aspects are fairly mute.

PFDAN........................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 13th, 2002, 5:25pm »

First: because the medication trading is illegal, you'll never see any offical bakcing for this from OUCH nor CH.com.  What people do on thier own is up to them but the organization just can't back it.

The $$$ aspect has been talked about.  Elaine did take up a collection to help another sufferer get some medical help.  It worked out ok that time.  As for doing it as an organized charity, we're  along way from that.

Who would be eligable?  How poor do you hve to be to get financial help?  Should we make them submit financial statements or copies of tax returns?  Or do we just give to whoever asks?  What would be the qualification standards.  How much of OUCH's funds should go to this?

It just seems like a problem that we're not ready to tackle yet.  A valiant cause it is though.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss