Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 10:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zomig I tried it! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zomig I tried it!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zomig I tried it!  (Read 1023 times)
Elaine

Email

Zomig I tried it!
« on: May 10th, 2002, 7:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I couldn't take my imitrex on the plane cause all my health problems my doctors won't give it to me. But I have imitrex anyway cause I have to have it. Well my wonderful friend gave me a zomig to keep in my pocket book so if I got hit I would have something. Well I got hit yesterday, I just did not want to inject myself with Imitrex. So I took it and it worked.  Smiley The pain left fast.
But its came back this morning  Cry
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

Re: Zomig I tried it!
« Reply #1 on: May 10th, 2002, 9:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Awww, Elaine,
So sorry to hear this.
My "Fluke" prayer didn't work Sad

Can you see if your doc will perscibe the Zomig for you?
Good luck sweets, see ya tonite,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 10th, 2002, 9:13am »

Elaine - at least it worked and that is a relief in itself.  I'm glad you were able to get some time that was pain free.  If this worked for you, you may also want to try Maxalt (not sure if you tried that one or not)......

Speak to you soon,
Mia
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 10th, 2002, 12:29pm »

Mastiff I am going to try to get the doctor to give me something! Pain makes me raise a little hell sometimes. I am not a good patent. They took away my imitrex (I got around that  Wink  Wink  Then they took away my verapmel. I got news for them they are going to give me something!!!!

Thanks for the fluke prayer!

Mia I have tried Maxalt it didn't help me, imitrex amerage and zomig those seem to stop the pain in minutes, but its all in how soon you take a pill as to how fast and how good it works. I don't mess around, when I feel like its here I take something right then.
Thanks I had a good time while I was PF Smiley!!!
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 10th, 2002, 2:40pm »

My last bout (6 months worth), Zomig was the only thing that helped. Amerge also works (same class of drug I guess. Messes with my sleep, but there are plenty of things to help with that. My worst attacks come in the late aft or eve, not at night like a lotta you guys.
Keep hangin' and keep hopin'!
gtarman out-
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 10th, 2002, 6:59pm »

My GP gave me some Zomig ZMT (the disolving tabs).  Nastiest things I've ever taken, and didn't help in the least.  I'm glad the Zomig work for you, and hope you can get some more.

PFDAN.............................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Greg_A

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 11th, 2002, 7:53am »

Elaine-- glad to hear the zomig worked for ya. One thing i do is cut the pills up into 4s... i'll take maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a pill when i first feel the pain coming. Seems to work. Sort of the imitrex tip for zomig i guess.

Saves on the usage of pills and still get the same affect.

good luck
IP Logged
gtarman

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 11th, 2002, 10:12am »

Drk^Angel - that's so weird that Zomig had no effect on your CH attacks - that and Amerge are the ONLY things that relieve mine! O2 has absolutely NO effect on me. I take 2.5 mil of Zomig (get the DR to prescribe the 5 mil, then break in half - saves a big group of $) but makes my chest hurt like crazy. Pardon me while I have a heart attack...we just don't have a lotta good options, do we?
However, the Corgard I've been on for 3 days has no side-effects and my shadows haven't become wallbangers yet. It either works or I'm living on borrowed time...
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 12th, 2002, 1:28am »

Zomig had no effect except to make me sick because they were way too sweet.  I use Imitrex injections now, but even those don't abort the pain, just reduce a bit, and I think even that is losing effect, because the last few times I've shot myself, the pain still got bad enough to debilitate me.  Prolly have to call my doc soon about it.  Oh well...

PFDAN................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 14th, 2002, 9:49am »

I have tried zoomig and maxalt and all the stuff,but its only imitrex-shots that give me the reliefe quick enough

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss