Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 10:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Topamax »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Topamax
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Topamax  (Read 259 times)
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

Topamax
« on: May 8th, 2002, 5:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK I'v read the the alert and now my doctor has given  
me Rx for them, need to know if anyone has taken them, what results, any thoughts or information.
This is pretty ergent since I am chronic and can't go long without meds. Thank you for any thoughts.   ???
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Topamax
« Reply #1 on: May 8th, 2002, 5:35pm »

I tried 200mg and had no relief.  Now I am going to try 400mg and see if that offers me any relief and if not then I will try 600mg.  I have had no side effects or problems with the medicine.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 8th, 2002, 6:13pm »

Thanks for info. Did the doctor have you up the dosage
every week. I'm alittle scared to try them, but I will.
stay in touch and let me know how you are doing,
Been chronic for more years than I want  to think about.
       Irene
      Cry
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 8th, 2002, 7:26pm »

I will be upping the dose by 25mg a week until the pain stops or I reach 400mg.   then we will reevaluate at that time.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 8th, 2002, 10:36pm »

My old neuro put me on 200mg  the first nite and it stopped them dead in their tracks...i am chronic too...My new neuro said he was stupid for doing that high a dose the first nite..I had major side effects...felt like a zombie, got really suicidal and had all the side effects known to topamax users except weight loss..i gained lol...Keep in mind though that I dont do well on alot of meds...have side effects with all of them..due to problems with my liver processing them...Good luck...and remember what doesnt work for one clusterhead, may for another...keep us posted.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #5 on: May 9th, 2002, 12:45pm »

Mustang, I was on Topomax for several months with this last cycle.  I too had some side effects: had floaters in my vision, dizzy, clumsy, thoughts not connected, second quessed myself and weight loss  Grin

I'm not sure if this was the drug that stopped the cycle since I was on quite a few meds at the same time [Verap, Keppra, O2, and many abortives as needed (Imitrex injections, DHE injections, Maxalt and Zomig)]  WOW IT SCARES ME TO TYPE ALL THAT OUT!!!!  Undecided

I can tell you that I did see a decrease in the degree of severity while on the Topomax.  I takes a while to climb to the correct dosage for ch's so be patient and don't throw the towel in too early.

Good luck to you and keep the faith....

NotH20
IP Logged
johnrudd
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 9th, 2002, 6:14pm »

Just watched a national feed on Fox TV that gave a long presentation on the "miraculous" effects of Topomax for migraine and CH sufferers. It kind of downplayed the really bad side effects, but spiked my interest after 3 weeks of 480mg verapmil plus 3 weeks of 720mg verapamil with no lessening of a daily 8+ HA. Will research the prescribed dosages and have my Doc order and give you an update as soon I begin; although the previous postings aren't too favorable.
John
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #7 on: May 10th, 2002, 7:50am »

John - don't close the door to Topomax.  It may be just the drug for you.  I know that the effects may sound bad, but believe me - the tightness in my head and the ch's did go away......remember that all meds don't work the same on everyone.

Good luck to you and keep the faith,

NotH20
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss