Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 10:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Prednisone - Doses and Administration »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Prednisone - Doses and Administration
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prednisone - Doses and Administration  (Read 249 times)
Lou

Email

Prednisone - Doses and Administration
« on: May 4th, 2002, 7:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Can a few people explain how and in what doses they use Prednisone. For example, if you start off with say 60mg the first day, do you take the 60mg in one shot, or do you take 20mg three times a day? Then how many mg do you take the 2nd. 3rd, 4th days etc., and do you take the dosage all at one time those days. I know the dosage has to be reduced, but there seems to be different ways of doing it.
Thanks
Lou
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: Prednisone - Doses and Administration
« Reply #1 on: May 6th, 2002, 9:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Lou:  I was on two courses of pred this cycle.  Each course started at 60mg.  I took 60mg for  2 days, 50mg for 2 days, 40 mg for 2 days and so on.  I took the whole dose at one time on each day.

This is just my experience.  I have read other posts where people have had different doses and schedules.

Hope the pred gives you the break the need.

Wishing you PFDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Lou

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 7th, 2002, 4:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Linda,
Thank You for responding. My doc has me on a schedule as follows:
1) 60mg.    2) 50mg
3) 60         4) 50
5) 60         6) 40
7) 60         8) 40
9) 60       10) 30
11) 60     12) 20
13) 60     14) 10
15) 60     16) 0
17) 50     18) 0
19) 40     20) 0
21) 30     22) 0
23) 20     24) 0
25) 10     26) 0  

I am CH free until I get down to that 10mg and 0mg days, then I have to start the course all over again. I usually break the 60, 40 and 30 dose up into 3X a day. I was just curious how other users of pred were taking it. I might decide to try it another way.

Thanks Again
         Lou
IP Logged
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 7th, 2002, 6:45am »

I've always taken it in two doses, 30 in the morning and 30 at night, then 30 in the morning and 20 at night, then 20 and 20, then 20 and 10 and etc.  This would of course follow whatever schedule your doctor dictates.  The result is wonderful, except that you gain about 20 lbs.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: May 7th, 2002, 9:02am »

Lou - Prednisone is absolutely wonderful until you get down to the lower dosage and then BAM you are hit again with the ch's!   Angry

I have always taken my meds at one time - in the morning.  Usually I see total pain relief within 24 hours - gosh I love that stuff  Cheesy

There are many side effects you need to be aware of including weight gain.  Please check those out since you probably need to have some lenght of time in between starting the Prednisone routine over again.  You may want to research this site and the OUCH site for the side effects of this medicine.

Good luck to you....

NotH20
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss