Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any Info On BOTOX? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any Info On BOTOX?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any Info On BOTOX?  (Read 269 times)
k9konnect

Email

Any Info On BOTOX?
« on: May 4th, 2002, 1:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have had CH's since I was 21 (50 now). I take Prednezione and then Imitrex iniection when the pain won't go away. At my Doctor's visit yesterday she told me that she has used Botox (Botulinum Toxin) in some patients and it has worked. Has anyone used Botox who could provide some feedback.  Thaks - Lou
IP Logged
oringkid

Email

Re: Any Info On BOTOX?
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2002, 2:28pm »

Hey K9 click on the search button (upper right- I couldn't find it at first hehe) and put in botox.  I think I remember a thread about it.  Might even have a link to a site that talks about it.

sherry
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2002, 5:32pm »

As the kid says, hit the search button. and make sure you start in last year or even the year before. There were a lot of threads about botox, so good searching
IP Logged
helobian

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 27th, 2002, 10:45am »

Did your Dr. say where the Botox was administered?
IP Logged
Lou

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 27th, 2002, 2:23pm »

I received the Botox in two spots. Whenever I get a CH my neck mussles hurt. My doctor gave me a shot of Botox in the mussel behind my ear on each side. It is suppose to take 2 weeks to take effect. It was 2 weeks this past Friday and I'm doing pretty well. But I am starting to come down off of the Predisone also. So we will see what happenes. Also, a week after getting the Botox, my doctor also gave me a cortizine shot in my right neck mussle.  

Lou[
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 27th, 2002, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Check the OUCH Research Library - Medications section
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
headpain

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 29th, 2002, 7:59pm »

Lou,
I've had the botox injections according to a protocol for migraines (yes, I know cluster HA's are different) and I've had injections into the back of the neck/ occipital region.  I figured the ones inthe neck region would be more effective given the soreness I get with the headaches.  I was wrong.  The injections that followed the protcol by Silberstein (plus a few extra units in the temporalis muscle on the affected side) worked best for me.  I had some extra botox put in the temporalis because of some case reports of it helping chronic clusters.  Botox has helped me but is not a cure.
IP Logged
ahlevis

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 30th, 2002, 10:34am »

Hi...Had the ingections four years ago and held the headaches off until now....but it didn't work this time....when had original procedure done injections in left temple, infront of ear, and back of neck.... This time each time I have had one it triggered headaches....don't no why and doc is at a loss about what to do....good luck..... i hope it holds them off for a few years.... Smiley

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2002, 10:37am by ahlevis » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss