Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hot shower »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hot shower
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hot shower  (Read 393 times)
dazee8

Email

Hot shower
« on: May 4th, 2002, 9:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Within a couple of minutes after the beginning of a recent attack, I jumped in a hot shower and let the water run over the top of my head, my forehead, my face, and the back of my neck. I also put my hands over my face like a mask and breathed in the steam. I ended up staying in the shower for about 45 minutes (I apparently have a huge hot water tank).

This didn't totally kill the ch, but it reduced the pain to an insignificant level--quite delicious. I'm not sure if this works for everyone, but you might try it--it's tedious and tiring, but I'm guessing it's a lot healthier and definitely cheaper than the drugs I'm taking (Amerge and Imitrex).
IP Logged
oringkid

Email

Re: Hot shower
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2002, 10:46am »

Hot showers help me too dazee, but not everyone.  For some it seems to make the pain worse.  I am an alternator.  For me, either heat or cold can bring relief.

Strangely, I seem to sense which one I will feel better with at each CH.  I don't get this to tell the truth, but sometimes I know I would get more relief with the hot and sometimes the cold.  Although, I cannot take a cold shower. (my body hates cold!)  But I do use ice packs on my head and face.  Or sometimes I use heating pad on head and face.  Sometimes I use both!  Or ice on head and hot coffee in mouth!  Weird.

Sherry
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2002, 10:47am by oringkid » IP Logged
Greg_A

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2002, 2:06pm »

Hot showers used to be me my best defence until i had my doc change my verap to reg.... and o2 for backup. Since changing the verap and having o2 i havent taken a shower now in 3 weeks....   Roll Eyes

I was always in the shower before on HOT HOT HOT!!!! It did provide some relief.

Also cold helped too... i tried the cold water on the feet trick that was posted about not too long ago... that seemed to help too. AND... standing on a cold ice pack with my bare foot until i couldnt take it no mo worked too.

There was a msg thread not too long ago about all the stuff everyone was trying (non med type)... i looked but cant find it at the moment.

Anyone remember what thread that was???? Kim...do you? I know we were posting back and forth about some different techniques

IP Logged
oringkid

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 4th, 2002, 2:25pm »

Quote:
Hot showers used to be me my best defence until i had my doc change my verap to reg.... and o2 for backup. Since changing the verap and having o2 i havent taken a shower now in 3 weeks....    

LMFAO!!!  I love it... That just made my day, although I am glad no one was around to hear me laughing hysterically!!

You crack me up dude!

Sherry
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2002, 5:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

HEY STINKO!!! CheesyGreg, you are now one smelly prince! ;D.................I have a clear picture of you on the golf course smiing away wit yur stinky self...........FOUR! LOL.

I think the thread was in the med section under "Standing on Cold Floor"

There are so many versions of the ch jitterbug.  We are all so GOOD at it ;D

Now FOR GODS SAKE!! -------------GO TAKE A BATH!!! Shocked
IP Logged
Greg_A

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 4th, 2002, 6:56pm »

Saw that did ya...   Cool

True tho--- when i take a shower now i just think of how many times i used to jump in the shower each day. Atleast 5 sometimes 8... know what i mean.   That was my only way to deal for a long time.

Its pretty sad now tho.... I use to bang my head, jump up and down, cup my hands to drown my eyeballs in hot water, anything to just get the pain to go away.... NOW i just stand there and stare at the wall.  Undecided

IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: May 4th, 2002, 7:13pm »

Greg, I KNOW, i KNOW.  For me it was the BATH.  In and outa that freakin tub.  Waterlogged and washed out... Crylookin all dripped out...stringy hair, etc.  Now, my husband says "why don't you go take a hot bath?"  and I scream  "NO FUCKIN WAY!!!"  I ain't gettin in that TUB!!!  Having successfully completed two straight weeks of no CH, i finally shaved my legs ;D
Be well STINKO! ;D
Much affection and gratitude from recently de-fuzzed Shocked
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 5th, 2002, 12:56am »

I cannot go near a shower during a CH attack... Luckily, I normally shower in the early morning before the afternoon attack can hit...  Oh well...

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 6th, 2002, 9:14am »

Hot showers used to do the trick for me too.  Greg, I know what you mean.  There were times I would jump in the showers at least 6 times per day.  I may not be the healthiest person in the neighborhood, but I was certainly the cleanest!

This last cycle the showers worked until about 1/2 way through.  Then they just started to hurt.  That water coming down on my head did nothing.  Hot or cold.  Just hurt.   What a bummer!  My coping mechanism was gone!  Tried deep breathing.  That works to keep you calm up until the pain level reaches a 7 or so.  Then I can't think of nothing but the pain.

In any event, I still try the shower.  I guess it just feels better to do something than nothing.

PFDAN to all, Linda T.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2002, 9:15am by Linda T » IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
GREGNJ27

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 16th, 2002, 6:45pm »

HI thanks for posting this,,i have fallen asleep with hottest water  running on my head,,only to waken when it would hit my legg by accident,<,,i had a strange dream once,,,while having a series of headaches in hawaii..my future brother inlaw,at the time,,,in the dream,,,,was being taken,in by an authority,figure,, for a minor crime,,,,,insteasd of me,??,,i was with him,,,,upon waking to a phone call hours later,,once i was in bed,,,i was told he was dead, with my gf being next to me,,and being devastated,, i had never told ,her,,,about that dream,,,we ended breaking up after 7 years,,.I FELT AND STILL DO,,,MY MIND BEING SHUT DOWN,,AS MUCH AS IT WAS,,ALLOWED THE ESP...TO BE HIGHTENED LIKE IT NEVER WAS BEFORE,,,ITS STILL A MYSTERY,,,,>.,,it would amaze me how hot it felt on my thigh,,,and how my head felt only the reduced pain from the headache,,,,often i wish i could leave the shower ,,i run back to it,,,,realizing how much i need it,,,i never liked drugs,,,,,so the shower is the only way i get relief,,,before i discoved hot showers i would drive my car,at times,,,in the middle of winter at 3am,,with the air conditioner on,,only to get a little relief,, i also used to lean my upper body over a surface,,to have blood rush to my head ,,, if i can get to a hot shower before my headache goes pass a leval 5...on a 1-10 scale..i can ward it of dramatically,,,if im asleep...the headaches seem to build up where when i wake up,,it takes aleast 30-45 -up to,,2 hours,,of being in the shower,,,i now have a shower head with a MIST setting,,this helps big time,,in saving hot water,,and bringing the hottest water with comfort,,with out burning the skin up,,,i hope this continues to work,,
IP Logged
Greg_A

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 20th, 2002, 5:08am »

Quite dream there GregNJ....  

i hope the shower keeps working for ya... I had to use a shower head the had a strong stream o water pressure... that way it would kind of massage my head as i moved around.

BUT... happy to report that i still havnt had to take a shower to this day (last known shower was Apr 11)  Shocked....  

the niebores are starting to complain... thats aaite tho... i dont feel no pain and am afraid to go near the shower... i'm scared for life   ;D
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: May 22nd, 2002, 6:05pm »

So....... SmileySTINKO LIVES....... Shocked  STINKO is MENACE to NEIGHBORHOOD........... ;D
STINKO, you must overcome your fear of streams of wata..............LOL
Enjoy.  I'd much rather catch yur wiff than see you suffer the beast.  BETTA STINKO than Buttwhipped by the BEAST...
Contnued Pain free days and nights my STINKO Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss