Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 12:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Depakote and Verap. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Depakote and Verap.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Depakote and Verap.  (Read 210 times)
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Depakote and Verap.
« on: May 2nd, 2002, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Pf for the last week now...some mild shadows...but i am having some bad side effects...have  terrible blister like bumps on my upper chest and neck and starting on my face now...also, having alot of swelling in my ankles and feet...thought it may have been the warm Florida weather but it is still that way after getting home...dont want to stop the meds as i am enjoying the pf time..anyone else have this happen? i had to stop verap before because of swelling but never had a rash like this...
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: Depakote and Verap.
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2002, 7:11pm »

Hi Nancy:  Don't know about the verap but I was on depakote (500mg for about 5 weeks and 1000mg for about 2 weeks) and never did get a rash.  The only thing the depakote did for me was make me stupid.  Really.  I can't speak very well.  I knew what I wanted to say but it just didn't come out!  Also, I was very clumsy.  No rash though.

Glad you're PF.  wishing you all PFDAN always, Linda T.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Ueli

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2002, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nancy,
 I've told you before, against swollen ankles compression stockings could help.  Grin
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2002, 7:42pm »

(sticking my tongue out at Ueli)..I may be a granny but i am not gonna look like one LOL..wearing granny stockings...LMMFAO....hey, bro, missed you in florida..i was gonna take you for a boat ride this time LMAO....my ankles look better tonite than they have been...but the rash is still there and itching...whine , whine, whine, (shut up barb d)... Cool
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2002, 7:43pm by nancyc » IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2002, 7:49pm »

Maybe you should talk to your doc.  I know at least one of the the prescriptions I've been on lately warned against swelling ankles (can't remember if it was verapamil), and just about all medications warn about a rash.  You might be having an allergic reaction.  Hope you find the answer without comprimising your PFDs...

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 2nd, 2002, 7:57pm »

Will see my neuro in two weeks..dont you know that nurses dont listen to their docs anyway LOL...seriously, i am afraid she is gonna change my meds again and i am enjoying this pf time...not smart but i want to be pf for a few more days anyway...
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 2nd, 2002, 8:05pm »

Well... Please be careful... I had a bad reaction to a med once, that I ignored, continued taking it, and think it tried to kill me.  Luckily I stopped taking it before it did any permanent damage... Uhhhh... What was I sayin' again... Tongue

PFDAN.......................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss