Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 10:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Civamide (Zucapsaicin) clinical trial »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Civamide (Zucapsaicin) clinical trial
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Civamide (Zucapsaicin) clinical trial  (Read 853 times)
RandyT

Email

Civamide (Zucapsaicin) clinical trial
« on: Apr 29th, 2002, 8:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey Everyone,
   I just started on the Civamide (Zucapsaicin) clinical trial for clusters.  Anyone else on it?
  This stuff is like spraying pepper spray up your nose... but I'll love it if it works.
later,
Randy.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Not yet, but
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29th, 2002, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Winston Labs has contacted both CH.com and OUCH regarding posting a link to the trials.  We.ve been working with them for a few weeks now.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
room217

Email

Re: Civamide (Zucapsaicin) clinical trial
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29th, 2002, 10:46pm »

nice,
   If I get any positive results I'll let y'all know.  If I don't get good results I'm not going to say anything ;)
   of course it's a trial, so 50/50 I'm recieving a placebo...(a 'burns like hell' placebo lol)
later.
IP Logged
randyT

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2002, 12:10pm »

ummm, ummm,
I really really want to talk with someone else on this trial.
If you are on this trial, or thinking about starting on it, please email me or reply here.
thanks,
RandyT
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2002, 12:11pm by RandyT » IP Logged
randyT

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 9th, 2002, 12:01pm »

Hi everyone,

well, I've concluded the medication phase of the study, so I'm no longer desperate to speak with someone else on the study.

I can, however, offer a little information regarding this treatment.

This medication attempts to break the cycle of episodic clusters.
Civamide is administered as a nasal spray twice a day for one week.  This stuff burns like the holly Moses of Bethlahem for about 5 minutes.  Quite similar to pepper spray, eyes turn beet red and water like a crying kid, face becomes covered in sweat, etc..  This really isn't for the faint of heart (but who is who suffers from CH).  Once it begins to cool off your left with completely clear sinuses and feel somewhat ...refreshed? Almost had me wondering if this treatment wasn't just therapeutic in nature.

ok... now for the hundred thousand dollar question: did it work?  well... 50/50 I was givin the placebo, and yes, the placebo in this study burns like hell too.  Looking at the data I recorded I showed no change either positive or negative.  My headaches went on as if I had been taking Flinstone chewables. It is my personal opinion (and hope) that I got the placebo.

final words: I strongly recomend trying this study.  Any medication that has me wondering if it's not just therapeutic has to be some powerfull stuff.  

I can offer a couple tips for people starting this study.  Put your face in an AC vent.  The cool air blowing on your nose and eyes helps sooo much (dont let the air blow up your nose).  Have a glass of water ready.  If the stuff drains down the back of your throat...(bad).  Lastly, it ONLY burns for 5 minutes wether you blow your nose or not (so dont blow your nose till the 5 mins is up).

Please contact me if you start this study or have any questions.  I'd love to hear it works. :)

-randy
pain free days everyone.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 9th, 2002, 2:36pm »

Here's an article about how this stuff works:
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/medications/capsaicin.htm

Capsaicin is like the stuff you were using.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 9th, 2002, 2:44pm »

this is the same theory as Paco's Hot Sauce, right?

Worked great as an abortive for Mike in the early stages of this last cycle.  He actually just ate a slice of a hot pepper and, within a few minutes, the Beast was baffled and left him alone.  Once the cycle got into full swing, mind you - it didn't help him anymore.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss