Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 10:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Indomethacine (Indoxen) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Indomethacine (Indoxen)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Indomethacine (Indoxen)  (Read 370 times)
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

Indomethacine (Indoxen)
« on: Apr 24th, 2002, 12:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just a warning:

An Italian CHer have had prescribed Indomethacine to exit the loop of cycles in which she's becoming chronic (she normally takes Verap, O2 and Imitrex)

At the first Indoxen pill, after 5 mins, she have had an allergic reaction, with loss of consciousness. high risk of total collapse.

At the E.R. they have said her that MANY people are allergic to Indomethacine. Before the med start, is MANDATORY to have some allergy test done.

Ciao to all you, and be cautious!
IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
Annie
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

Re: Indomethacine (Indoxen)
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2002, 11:45am »

Thanks for the warning!

Is Indomethacin used for CH then?  I have heard of it being used for CPH but it hasn't been suggested for CH.  It didn't work for CH when tried as an abortive, but are you saying it could be used as a preventative or to break a cycle?  Maybe we should try it again!

IP Logged
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 7th, 2002, 12:49pm »

Is an old med for CH. It is very good for CPH, but not so for CH. My friend was in a very bad time, and may be her neuro has given it as the last resource.... Roll Eyes

Newer (younger) neuros don't use it for CH (also for side effects)

I am not too sure of its REAL effectiveness

Ciao
IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 7th, 2002, 7:01pm »

My neuro tried it on me at the peak of my CH cycle, but at the same time as verapamil was increased.  I was desperate at the time but I am afraid of prednisone.  Either indocin or verapamil helped, but I tend to think it was the verapamil, because after stopping indocin there was no change but after since stopping verapamil I've been getting hit with attacks more often.  This cycle, although diminishing, has taken it's sweet old time and I'm getting worried because this is like the 8th month since shadows started this cycle.

BTW... Indocin is very rough on stomach (even for an experienced aspirin abuser).
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Marijke
New Board Junior
Belgium 

Nice board!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2002, 4:12pm »

Hi Riccardo,

Good to warn, same as with aspirin, indomethacin can cause VERY serious allergic reactions. For those who are not allergic and experience stomach problems: here in Belgium, you can also get indo suppo's. They've helped me for CH, but I know not many ppl respond to it.

Marijke
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss