Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 7:40pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dr. Visit and Bad Weather »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dr. Visit and Bad Weather
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dr. Visit and Bad Weather  (Read 284 times)
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

Beware of the Dumb side of the Force!

SweetLandings
Email

Dr. Visit and Bad Weather
« on: Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I went to my regular Dr. this morning.  I am having one of my terrible days due to the weather.

He left things as they are but gave me Hydroco/Apap 7.5-500 and Oxyir 5mg.  He said to use the Oxyir as a breakthrough when I can't get relief with the Hydroco and Migranol.  Planning on being very careful with both.  He said this should hold me until my appt. with the neurologist on the 12th of June.  I hope so.

Do any of you notice that you are worse when the weather gets bad?  I have watched closely over the last 4 months and when the barometer falls I am much worse than days when the weather is pretty.  

I also went to the OUCH website and found information about Cluster Tic Syndrome.  That information was so befitting of my situation.

I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have found these sites.  Just having a few more answers is somewhat comforting to me.  Also talking with some of you and reading other's posts who are going through much the same thing is comforting in its own way.  I don't feel quite so alone anymore.  Although I wish with all my heart that none of us had to go through any of this, there is comfort in this kinship we all have.  

May each of you have at least a few PF moments today.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:41pm by Sweet_Landings » IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Dr. Visit and Bad Weather
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23rd, 2002, 5:04pm »

Everytime it rains or snows my head hurts and I have a kip 10 cluster attach.  Hot weather agrivates it to.  I am happy you found the site and all the helpful information.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2002, 7:34pm »

I went outside in freezing cold weather without a hat on and it aborted an attack one time.  Hot weather is really punishing for me though when I'm getting hit.
IP Logged
Sweet_Landings
New Board Veteran

Beware of the Dumb side of the Force!

SweetLandings
Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:52pm »

Karla,
Anything cold on my face or in my mouth even sets off a series of nasty TN attacks.  So I avoid that.  I think it would feel good to have an ice pack on the side of my head but I don't dare.  It is hard to deal with both beasts raging at the same time.  I am not sure what the heat is going to do to me yet.  I live in Oklahoma so I will soon find out. LOL

I know that there is a front moving through here tomorrow and I just checked and sure enough the barometer is falling.  My head is killing me.  I hate this time of year anyway, what with tornadoes and all, this makes me hate it even more.

Trying to just keep my chin up and plug along.
IP Logged

Sweet_Landings
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss