Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 11:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Has anyone tried HGH or one of the boosters? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Has anyone tried HGH or one of the boosters?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Has anyone tried HGH or one of the boosters?  (Read 2032 times)
Duckflor

Email

Has anyone tried HGH or one of the boosters?
« on: Apr 17th, 2002, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just a shot in the dark here, but I was at the Doc's today and he brought up the possibality of trying HGH, or Human Growth Hormone to reduce or end the CH cycle, has anyone tried this or is this just another BS treatment suggestion.  Also has anyone been seen by a Dr. Robert Kaneicki out of Pittsburg, PA.  I have been told he's one of the best and have got an appointment with him. (in Sept 2002) quickest date I could get?
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

Is today the day of weird treatments?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2002, 5:38pm »

One doc suggests to use growth hormones for treatment of CH, while another thread proposes Octreotide, a med used to treat acromegaly, a serious disease caused by excessive production of the growth hormone.

I just don't get it   Shocked  ???  Roll Eyes

Do some people stick a needle into the pharmacopoeia and then propose to try the med found in this way for clusters   Roll Eyes  ???  Shocked

Very confused Ueli
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

Re: Has anyone tried HGH or one of the boosters?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2002, 11:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You guys will love this:

To add to the confusion, as a boy I was given intramuscular shots of HGH for 6 months to trigger what was then deemed a malfunctioning pituitary gland. What is more likely is that the hypothalamus, which controls pituitary release/secretion, did not function properly. I was a very late bloomer and did not reach sexual maturity (which is the predecessor to physical maturity) and was in danger of having my bones 'seal' at age 14. With the injections, my pituitary gland was sort of kick-started and growth took its normal route.

I've often reflected on this time now in my 30's and have come to the conclusion that my hypo has been pissed for better than 20 years. Can't help but think there's a corrolation between indications of rotten hypo as a boy and subsequent rotten hypo causing CH as an adult. Problem arises when I start attributing all my 'me-isms' to this condition. Lack of emotive response for instance, which I'm clearly indicative of, and other bodily functions stemming from the hypo.  

Your thoughts gang?

nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
oringkid

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18th, 2002, 7:56am »

Well, I never had an obvious problem, but I was a late bloomer.  Reached my "sexual maturity" (ie starting menses) late, and am still under developed (ie I'm flat, hehe course that just means I'll still look good at 50!)

Any other late bloomers?  Early bloomers?  Could be an indication I guess.
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18th, 2002, 10:13pm »

Notseinfeld:

Temperature regulation and sleep (controlled by hypo)...

Some people think I'm crazy when I walk around in wintertime with just a sweatshirt instead of winter jacket.  
My sleep patterns are wacked.  Early this evening I took a nap, then woke up 15 minutes later and realized I already had a REM cycle within the 15 minutes.

Just my thoughts
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18th, 2002, 11:51pm »

Nots:  I bloomed on time.  However, when I was 14, I experienced a cycle where I completely broke out in hives every day for a period of months.  Changed the diet, tried and tried to determine allergies, and came up with nothing.  

The pattern of the cycle was totally similar to a ch cycle.  It started every night when I would be outside playing basketball or football with my friends, around the same time every day.  If I was indoors that night, it would happen in my house.  Gradually, the cycle shifted, and I would break out in hives every afternoon at the same time.  Finally, after months, it all just stopped.  

I know that hives are caused by histamine, and there is some relation to histamine and ch.  I told a neuro this story, and she said there was no relation.  She also wanted to put me on a slow drip histamine IV to try and kill this cycle...

Eyes Afire:  I have totally found myself overheating during my current cycle, which is my third.  I tried to take a hot bath one night, and ended up with a KIp 10 that put me in the ER.  It was most bothersome during the height of the cycle.  Fortunately, that was through December and January and my city has cold winters!
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19th, 2002, 2:46pm »

Let's put it in perspective.

I was an on-time bloomer.
I have always been cold (temperature) during  my fertile years
  due to low BP. Those years I had migraines, now I have  
  clusters, no migraines, proper BP and don't feel cold any    
  more. Still have lousy circulation. hah!
I have always had sleep "problems" which means  I sleep too  
   little. Twenty years ago I found out it does not matter and
   is in fact a great boon: more time to live.
Yea, could be my hypothalamus is out of whack.

And, hey, oringkid, the flatchested are heading for problems when the 50+ adipose tissue starts to accumulate around the belly button! Hope you'll escape.
IP Logged
oringkid

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19th, 2002, 3:47pm »

Ave,

hehe, I think either way (flat or not) it tends to accumulate around the belly button one way or another! hahaha

oring
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss