Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 7:40pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Demerol »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Demerol
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Demerol  (Read 270 times)
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Demerol
« on: Apr 11th, 2002, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Last night I went into the urgent care center (mini er not staffed to handle everything) looking for some pain relief.  They have always given me demerol there because that is what they have had that worked.  I was informed last night that they do not have demerol anylonger.  It is on backorder by the manufacturer and have been told this could be a perminent thing.  The drug is not profitable to make and so they are looking at discontinueing it asap.  So for anyone out there who uses demerol expect some delays on your next trip as they try to figure out what to do with you.  I got morphine.  It took 2 doses of morphine plus toradol and visteril to kick the beast but last night however  at least I got a good nights sleep.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
pebbles

Email

Re: Demerol
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2002, 11:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry to hear about demerol becoming unavailable, I am allergic to the stuff.  My doc has been having trouble getting nubain and stadol, which seem to help abort my attacks.  I am beginning to wonder if the drug companies are in cahoots to make more mega bucks off the meds that seem to help us the most.  It is beginning to sound like a conspiracy.  Even my mail-order pharmacy had trouble for about six months getting my meds back in stock.  Keep your chin up and stay pain free.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss