Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 9:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need advice on Treatment Center!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need advice on Treatment Center!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need advice on Treatment Center!!!!  (Read 292 times)
chroniccluster

Email

Need advice on Treatment Center!!!!
« on: Apr 8th, 2002, 4:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

First time to the website, and first time posting, so forgive my lack of chat savvy…

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!

After 4 months of chronic attacks (up to 4 times a day) a very respected team of neurologists has recommended that I go to a specialized hospital or university/hospital that has a program for cluster headaches, as all treatments and medications have failed!  I live in central NJ and was looking for recommendations in either Philadelphia or NY if nothing is available in NJ.

Also if anyone can help with this….  I have worked all my live and my short-term disability is 3 weeks from running out.  I am not eligible for long-term disability as I recently took this job prior to being attacked by this demon in my head.  The question is, can I file for disability (federal,state).  I don’t have a clue.  What should I expect?  What does it pay on average?  What should I be prepared for????
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was single….  I would have cashed in my chips a long time ago…  If you know what I mean….
IP Logged
Elizabeth

Email

Re: Need advice on Treatment Center!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8th, 2002, 4:22pm »

Welcome to your new home! We're happy to see you and sad that you fit in....

on Apr 8th, 2002, 4:11pm, chroniccluster wrote:

If I was single I would have cashed in my chips a long time ago....  If you know what I mean....

I think most, if not all, of us have been there at least once.  I know I was....  

I've met so many wonderful people here - I can't tell you how happy I am that none of us chose that manner of permanent headache treatment!

This site is full of information that is useful to you and your doctor as well as your employer.  

As for disability: sorry, don't have a clue.  

Look around... check the site out.... ask questions...  
and never ever give up hope....

best to you,
Liz
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2002, 4:26pm by Elizabeth » IP Logged
Mattso

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2002, 1:14am »

You might find relief from methods and treatments that these neurologists know nothing about! And hey, this could be the place to find them.

For instance you gotta see what's being reported about Aricept. And check out the posts regarding some incredible results with psilocybin.

Was injectable imitrex one of the treatments that failed you?. If not, you'll find the Imitrex tip over there to the left interesting - it could possibly be a stop gap measure that you could use to shut down your 4 attacks a day without the undue danger of accidentally cashing in your chips. If you tried the Imitrex pills or spray that many misguided (in my opinion) neurologists prescribe, yes those work for migraines or something, but the injections are so much more effective for clusters.

Of course don't just listen to someone like me - If you really dig in here and research and ask questions, you'll probably end up knowing more about EFFECTIVE cluster treatments than most neurologists.  

I'm not a conventonally religious guy, but I'm sitting here praying  that you are shown some mercy.

IP Logged
maxmad

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2002, 6:36am »

Michigan Head Pain & Neurological Institute
734-677-6000
They may be able to refer you to a place close to home.
Good luck.
Mad
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2002, 7:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Mayo Clinic
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
904-953-2000  

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Rochester, MN 55905
507-284-2511

Mayo Clinic
13400 East Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
480-515-6296

One of the best doctor's for vascular headaches....  Dr. David Dodoick.  Hard to get into, but well worth the visit...  Tell them that you are from out of state and they will do everything that they can to get you in and seen. Ask to be put on a cancelation list.....   They are an international headache center....  I am from Utah and went to the Arizona clinic...  They were amazingly kind and understanding.  They knew sooooo much more about clusters than any other neuro than I had been to... course they see more patients there in a year than any regular practice would ever hope to see in a lifetime.

Michigan Head Pain is a good palce as well, but they are not a preferred provider on anyones insurance and they want about $600 upfront as you walk in the door.  If that is not an issue go there.

Hope that helps

--Athos
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 1:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 8th, 2002, 4:11pm, chroniccluster wrote:
First time to the website, and first time posting, so forgive my lack of chat savvy…

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!

After 4 months of chronic attacks (up to 4 times a day) a very respected team of neurologists has recommended that I go to a specialized hospital or university/hospital that has a program for cluster headaches, as all treatments and medications have failed!  I live in central NJ and was looking for recommendations in either Philadelphia or NY if nothing is available in NJ.

Dr. William B. Young, or Dr. Silberstein at
the Jefferson Headache Center at Thomas Jefferson
University Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Silberstein and Young are about the best you could see on the East coast IM(and many others)HO.
Clusterheads are *usually* taken within a week or so, because they understand the threat of suicide. Others wait many months for appointments.
Probably a 4-6 hour appointment the first time.

Pink
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss