Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 4:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Notseinfeld's Notes on the Mushroom Mambo »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Notseinfeld's Notes on the Mushroom Mambo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Notseinfeld's Notes on the Mushroom Mambo  (Read 7889 times)
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Notseinfeld's Notes on the Mushroom Mambo
« Reply #25 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 7:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Steve,

here some informations about the detoxing from your current medication, even if I'm  n o t  convinced  whether I should provide them at all...:

- The elimination half-life of oral atenolol is approximately 6 to 7 hours, it means that ± two days after the last ingestion of atenolol its last traces are ± gone.
- The half-life of amlodipine (Norvasc®) is much longer: 30 to 50 hours, thus it may take ± one week to detoxicate from it.
- half-life of indomethacin: ± 30 hours with a range of 15 - 50 hours - detoxicating time thus ± the same like for amlodipine.

Again, I don't recommend to renounce with your current blood pressure medication at all - on the other hand I know very well what's CH, and you probably need the shroom therapy, so what to do ? And don't forget that hallucinogens can both increase  a n d  decrease the blood pressure, you never can know !

It's a shame that CHeads, and specially those with concommitant other deseases, can't take shrooms or better their pure active substance under the surveilance of MDs !

ATB!      Thomas
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 7:55pm »

Hi Pinky,

continuing the dialog about indomethacin:

You wrote: " I knew there was a risk of psychosis in elderly patients, particularly those with senile dementia (Alzheimer's disease), but have there not also been some studies using it to ALLEVIATE Alzheimer's?"  
Well, there is not only a risk of psychoses in elderly patients, indomethacin should not been given to patients of any age when there is a psychiatric history, I quote for example from www.rxlist.com: Indomethacin should be administered with caution to patients with impaired hepatic or renal function, psychiatric disorders, epilepsy and parkinsonism. It should not be given to patients with a history of peptic ulcer. It is suggested that it should not be administered during pregnancy.    

Your second remark: "Perhaps one of the metabolites of Indomethacin is capable of binding to a 5-HT site?"  
I could find only two useful informations about a possible metabolic transformation of indo to a thinkable hallucinogenic on: www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/Datasheet/a/Arthrexinsupp.htm    :
Indomethacin exists in the plasma as the parent medicine and its desmethyl, desbenzoyl, and desmethyl-desbenzoyl metabolites, all in the unconjugated form.

and on: http://home.intekom.com/pharm/lennon/arthrexs.html       :  
indo metabolites: A portion is also N-deacylated by a non-microsomal system. Some of these metabolites are detectable in plasma !

These informations concerning the cleavage of the nitrogen atom may bolster your second and third presumption (= that relating to CPH).

Thanks for the interesting exchange of ideas !                     Thomas  Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2002, 8:04pm by Tom » IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #27 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 8:59pm »

on Apr 7th, 2002, 7:49pm, Tom wrote:
half-life of indomethacin: ± 30 hours with a range of 15 - 50 hours - detoxicating time thus ± the same like for amlodipine.

Hmmm. The two sites you linked explaining breakdown pathways for Indomethacin gave half lifes of 4.5 hours and 2 hrs, respectively. So I looked up a bunch more sites. Most gave half life of 90 minutes to 2 hours, but one said "half life is extremely variable, ranging from 1 to 11 hours."

I found two sites that gave a half life of 26 and 30 hours, but that applied only to Indomethacin given intravenously to newborns for the closure of patent ductus arteriosus. The pharmokinetics of newborns are radically different from that of adults.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/indocin_iv_cp.htm

So... some confusion here! Can you help me clear this up?

pinky
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #28 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 9:14pm »

Again, I am in awe at the depth of your knowledge and I must say:

"I AM NOT WORTHY" (bows to all compass points with arms in the air)

But I (to my bottom) appreciate the information and wish to assure you that I will not embark on this path without as much cognizance that is possible. And I hope that any who follow will do the same.  

You guys are assured of a special place when you go to your rewards--I know that we have served our time in Hell--and I am welll read enough to know this is *hubris*, but WTF.

As the "I Ching" says: It furthers one to seek the great man. Quiet perserverance brings good fortune.

With the utmost respect and thanks.......Steve
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 11:14pm »

Minor Setback--

Had a frustrating weekend with problem airports, little sleep and a f"n attact that required a Maxalt today. Just about made it for 2 weeks in a condition nearly on par with normalcy.  

I have not yet taken D3 but certainly have plans to do so. Also my prior wimpy doses will have to be dealt with to find the precious 'threshold' as it seems I'm helping the condition tremendously but there's room for improvement.  

Keeping the faith and keeping in touch, will report back after D3 time.

Rick---would like to hear your about progress and gimme the true truth. If you had a fly caught up your nose and it caused a shadow, let's document it.  

seizure,  
nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Apr 8th, 2002, 6:17pm »

Hi Pinky,

it was after 2:00 a.m. here in Europe when I did the research about the half-lives of the a.m. drugs and I posted the results at 2:49 a.m. our time - sorry, but I can't trace back the way I got the result of indomethacin. Either I got a different information than did you or I took the half-life in newborns for that in adults - I probably did the latter, sorry...

So, Steve, after ± two days you should have detoxicated from indomethacin (and, Steve, there were too many thanksgivings from your side for Pinky's and my inputs. Anyhow, thanks to you, too!)

Thomas

IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Apr 25th, 2002, 11:10am »

D3 down the hatch and all is well.

Used home batch chopped and mixed in jello. Ate it very quickly and gagged over the kitchen sink for about 3-4 good thrusts. It was single most disgusting anything that I've ever put in my mouth. Will use the tea henceforth, count on it!

Sucked up 2g dry, had minor 'trippy' feeling and got a mild attack toward the end of the experience as seems to be par for the course. Been PF for 2 days now and no trace of shadows. Again, will report back by this weekend and am hoping to not need another voyage.  

nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: May 3rd, 2002, 2:35am »

Pain Free and Loving it.

Took a 4th and final tea for good measure on Tuesday and I'm hopeful that this misery is coming to an end. Pushing close to 3 weeks with NO ATTACK. Unfriggenbelievable. There have been some signs of shadowing during the day but generally I've got a life back under control. Frankly, I seem to get a solid week pain-free after each dose and if need be, I may be a once-a-weeker. Certainly it's a more feasible solution than popping pills and getting rebounds from the ergotamines.  

Hope these updates are helping someone in their quest and further understanding of our god-awful conditions.  

PFDAN folks!

nots
IP Logged

notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 9:10am »

My final shroom update? Let's hope so.  

It has been over a month since my last ingestion and the shadows have been steadily fading away. I can still feel the beast lurking but hasn't actually surfaced for some time.  

In conjuntion with the mushrooms, I fasted for 48 hours as a system 'shock' which subsequently removed my typical morning wake-up pain. I'm not sure what combination if any has returned my sanity and +/- pain free lifestyle but something has certainly changed.  

The chronology update is this:

Episodic turned possibly chronic as I experienced daily attacks since August of last year.  

Med-free with the exception of abortives.  

90% relief after mushroom and bodily fasting detox.

50% caffeine reduction.  

Lingering situation: Still afraid to drink alcohol for fear of beastly resurgence. Still get major head constriction and stuffy nose after watching television or a movie for more than 1 hour. Can I live with this? Damn right I can!

Hoping your news is good news, nots Wink

IP Logged

rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: Jun 11th, 2002, 12:15pm »

HEY, HOW YOU DOIN'?

I cut out caffeine completely, Nots, and I don't even miss it.  In fact I feel a hell of lot better without it, it's been over 6 months.  And I could easily drink 4 cups of high-octane over priced java in a day in the past and LOVE it.

I did the fasting thing during my last cycle, and I did a two week cleansing diet, and that was when it ended.  Could of been coincidence, but it sure as hell was good for me, either way.

And I gave up alcohol for good.  Which wasn't too hard, I only drank about once every 3 months in the first place.

I was also fearing that I was turning chronic after all the meds I'd been on.  This was the longest cycle I've ever had, and I saw no relief other than from prednisone here and there until I started shrooming.  And the relief from the shrooms was significantly greater than what I got from the steroids.

Good to hear from you, people need to hear our stories!

Peace brother,

-Rick

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss