Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 3:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « FEVERFEW »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   FEVERFEW
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FEVERFEW  (Read 268 times)
Elissa

Email

FEVERFEW
« on: Mar 16th, 2002, 1:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Has anyone tried this?  I've read articles and my mom and dad have told me about it but haven't tried it yet.  It's herbal and with my allergies, haven't had great success with herbal stuff.  Also, I thought I heard or read somewhere abuot putting people with chronic pain under anesthesia and there's some kind of procedure.  My family doc never heardo f it but I am going to ask the new neuro I see on April 10.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: FEVERFEW
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 2:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Research literature is pretty consistent: may benefit a few folks for migraine but no benefit for CH.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Michel_L
New Board Newbie

Better be rich and healty...

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 6:50pm »

Hello,
I tried it systematically for a few months. Did'nt stop a cycle from coming. So, no success with me. Supposedly it would reduce vascular inflamation of brain's environment...maybe not enough for CH'rs.
May do wonders for you but I would'nt bet on it.
Still...the search goes on.

Michel L
IP Logged
SusanM
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2002, 9:14pm »

The first doctor I saw about my CH had me on Feverfew for a few weeks.  He specializes in both traditional and non-traditional medicine.  He took me off of it after going to conference on herbal medications...it seems that since the FDA doesn't strictly regulate these type of "medications", there is no control on how they are produced.  As such, the way it is made in the U.S. is a very weak formula that doesn't really do much for anyone....except empty the wallet.  However, in Germany it is manufactured under strict standards and in a concentration that is effective.  

Any way to purchase an herbal product from overseas?

SusanM
IP Logged
helobian

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 27th, 2002, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I recently remembered that I had been taking ff as a preventative when my ch's went away for six years.  Sometime during that 6 years I quite taking ff and they came back.  They have been back now for about 3 years and recently I rememberd the ff because I came across an old bottle.  I had just started a new cycle of 2/night and decided to start taking the ff again.  I take two (400 mg each) in the am and two between 6-8 pm.  I started doing this and the very first night I did not have any ch's.  I continued doing it until I ran out and didn't get anymore.  That night I had one, but not the second.  I bought some more ff the next day (duh!) and haven't had any ch's since.  I hope this works for someone else.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss