Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 9th, 2024, 6:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Fact or Fable ...? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Fact or Fable ...?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fact or Fable ...?  (Read 643 times)
EstieSA
New Board Junior
South_Africa 

Fact or Fable ...?
« on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 5:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.convivium.co.za/Article/Get-all-Eight-Glyconutrients/13539

Your views on Glyconutrients , please ?
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2007, 5:51am by EstieSA » IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: Fact or Fable ...?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 8:45am »

Quote:
Fact or Fable ...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyconutrient

Glyconutrient is a term used by the multi-level marketing company Mannatech, and other supplement vendors, to describe dietary supplements that contain a blend of eight simple sugars  

The company's SEC filing more precisely identifies the contents of Ambrotose, its lead product, as "a glyconutritional dietary supplement ingredient consisting of a blend of monosaccharides, or sugar molecules." In the marketing literature, these sugars are said to be the following eight simple sugars: Xylose, Fucose, Galactose, Glucose, Mannose, N-acetylgalactosamine, N-acetylglucosamine, and N-acetylneuraminic acid.

Health claims
Many glyconutrient supporters claim that these sugars have become deficient in the modern diet; they maintain that supplementation can provide health benefits across a wide array of disorders. There is no reliably documented evidence that people are generally deficient in such sugars; the human body produces enzymes to interconvert among these sugars.  There are, however, rare genetic disorders, such as leukocyte adhesion deficiency, in which the body cannot transport a specific sugar due to congenitally deficient enzymes. There are no reliable, controlled studies to show that glyconutrients provide any improvement against any medical disorder.

The claims for the value of glyconutrients have not been substantiated; a lawsuit was filed against Mannatech in September 2005 for violations of the Exchange Act related to material misrepresentations made by the company concerning its products' efficacy and uses.

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2007, 8:47am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 2:00pm »

SCAM! Big one. Dont waste your money.
thebb
Oh ya ,,,and what Kevin said
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2007, 2:03pm by thebbz » IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 5:57pm »

Bleaugh.

Crapola at its worst.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 9:20pm »

I hope people will not trash on me, because I could care less if you use gylonutrients or not.  Just sharing my experience.

I started with Ambrotose and quickly changed to a simliar product for half the price that is not multi-level marketing, as is ambrotose.

Anyways, I have found that at high amounts, it acts as a preventative, FOR ME.  I am always questioning myself about what works and doesn't and experiment by cuttng down on my dosage.  Every time, I try to cut back I get hit.  Increase the dosage and I'm better.  I have found that a 1-2 teaspoons works about the same as 80 mg of verapamil.

I started because another clusterhead said it help her.  So her and I am the only ones I know who have either tried it or had positive results.

Bill

IP Logged
EstieSA
New Board Junior
South_Africa 

« Reply #6 on: Nov 4th, 2007, 6:23am »

on Nov 3rd, 2007, 9:20pm, billyjoe wrote:
  I started with Ambrotose and quickly changed to a simliar product for half the price that is not multi-level marketing, as is ambrotose.

Anyways, I have found that at high amounts, it acts as a preventative, FOR ME. ...  Every time, I try to cut back I get hit.  Increase the dosage and I'm better.  I have found that a 1-2 teaspoons works about the same as 80 mg of verapamil.

Please elaborate - Message me if you like...!
IP Logged
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 4th, 2007, 10:29am »

I use GlycoMannan.  I mostly have hits in the evening and nighttime, so I take 1 tsp morning, 1 afternoon, and 2 before sleep.  I take 80 mg verapamil in the afternoon and 160mg before bedtime also.  I also do the seed treatment.  Don't know if this will work for you, but his is the cocktail that works for me and has allowed me to sleep through the night.  

It is still a bit expensive when you take larger quantities, so I buy the 500 gm bag.  If you try this, it is suggested you ramp up and then down when you stop.  I also found that my health saving account credit card can be used for this.

http://glycomannan.com/index.php?main_page=products_all&zenid=1549e0 1ad5cfbf0dee8bd161db01f1e2
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 4th, 2007, 1:52pm »

http://www.raysahelian.com/glyconutrients.html
This is just one site with indications of less than honorable intentions of the producers of this product. There are more, when one begins reading into this product it becomes clear there are some indications of inpropriety.
Decide for yourself. If its to good to be true it usually is.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss