Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 8th, 2024, 8:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « b-complex vitamins »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   b-complex vitamins
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: b-complex vitamins  (Read 519 times)
slacker032
New Board Junior

Email

b-complex vitamins
« on: Oct 28th, 2007, 6:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know some people have had success with b-complex vitamins.  Which vitamin and brand should I be looking for - B-2, B-50?  Also, should I take the recommended dosage on the bottle or more?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2007, 6:55pm by slacker032 » IP Logged

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: b-complex vitamins
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 6:58pm »

I used to take the B150 B-complex formula. It seemed to help my nerves. Used as directed on  the bottle.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2007, 7:02pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
GaWd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 10:49am »

I don't expect that you'll see any improvement from a B-supplement at all. I mean, we should all make sure we're getting enough, but it's not likely to take away your CH.

I recommend a good Multi-vitamin with a strong B-Complex. Most online retailers have relatively affordable formulations that fit the bill. I've used GNC's Mega Man formula, but switched over to Vitamin World's Ultra Vita Man. Both have a pretty comprehensive list of B vitamins.

Sam
IP Logged
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 5:20pm »

B-complex won't do squat for ch, but will definitely make you feel better in other ways. From a woman's perspective, will do WONDERS for pms and general well-being.

I prefer (and have taken for 30 years) Shaklee vitamins.

Jen
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
slacker032
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 8:02pm »

I could've sworn that some people were having success with vitamin B supplements.  Thanks for the replies.
IP Logged

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 10:38pm »

I've read reports from people taking a B complex and magnesium. My guess is that it's mostly the magnesium, if it helps at all. IV magnesium has been used for CH, with some success. I don't know where that study is...but I've seen it.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 11:03pm »

I've been away working too danged much, sorry I didn't respond sooner!! I've been taking a daily combo of vitamin B-2, 250 mg, magnesium, 500 mg, with a calcium and vitamin d supplement. This was all on the advice of my neuro. Since starting the regimen several years ago, my wife and I have both noticed a substantial reduction in frequency and severity.  

I started them all at the same time, and am too big a chicken to start experimenting with reducing one or the other. I'm a cheap skate and buy whichever brand is on sale. I have noticed the "chelated magnesium" has a little less dramatic effect on the old digestive tract then regular magnesium, although I have no idea what chelated is, someone on the board suggested I try it. Hope it provides you some relief!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 7:54am »

From the Migravent website:

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)-  
Vitamin B2 is another preventative ingredient used for Migraines. A study in Belgium found that people who took 400 milligrams of Vitamin B2 daily had about one-third fewer migraines than did those taking a placebo. The study, published in the February issue of the journal Neurology, included 55 patients in Belgium and Luxembourg who normally had two to eight migraine attacks each month.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss