Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 9th, 2024, 2:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu  (Read 1176 times)
midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Kudzu
« on: Oct 11th, 2007, 5:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I started a Kudzu thread Help in Support by mistake........my bad.

Kudzu Update

I've been taking Kudzu along with Calcium, magnesium and zinc supplement for about 2 1/2 weeks now.  I also drink 3-4 energy drinks a day.  I'm chronic and have been getting hit hard lately..............that is up until 4 days ago  Smiley

So far I have had only one since Monday, a kip 7 that woke me up night before last.  No daytime hits so far  Grin

I feel like I have my life back again!!!  Getting hit while driving and in public is never fun.  It was getting to the point that I would leave the house only if absolutely necessary..............the cubbards were getting pretty bare and the teens were getting grumpy.  

Fridge and pantry are now restocked and I've even gone out a couple times with friends for a few drinks.
Life is good again!!!  

Now if I can survive this homecoming weekend...........

pf wishes to all,
Beth
IP Logged

Do more than exist - live
Do more than touch - feel
Do more than look - observe
Do more than read - absorb
Do more than hear - listen
Do more than listen - understand
~ John Rhodes
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Kudzu
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 6:18pm »

Dang we love a success story, so glad you found a "silver bullet." Here's hoping you get one of those ridiculously long remissions!!! Grin

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 6:23pm »

Beth,

That makes me smile.... I will pray that it only gets better for you.

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
phil_h
New Board Old Timer
USA 

one day at a time , one headache at a time.....

phh252
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 8:01pm »

What great news....... I pray your pf period extends forever....... Stay with what works , as long as it works.... Enjoy homecoming............ phil h
IP Logged

Angels are among us ........beasts beware !!!!!!
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 11:36pm »

Awesome news, Beth!!! Great to hear you're getting the relief you need!!!

Here's to hoping it lasts forever!
 me&mb
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 12:48am »

Sounds promising, Beth.  Smiley Continued pf wishes to you...
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 8:48pm »

Did you stop everything else... Dave is at the point where nothing is stopping them.  Frova, Imatrex, Zomig O2 and I also need to know, where do you get Kudzu? and how much do you take.  He hasnt had a cycle for 2 years......(I know lucky guy because hes not chronic...he's not feeling lucky) People only started using Kudzu since Daves last cycle so we don't know much about it.  Put it this way when he doesn't have CH he won't even talk about it so I lurk and post here supporting others while he is keeping the beast away.
 He drives tractor trailer for a living and has to work... hasn't been sleeping at all.  Thanks in advance... we need something new to try...

love to you and pain free nights as well...
Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Ctech
New Board Junior
USA 

I love Beer 12pk - Buds#1!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 3:10am »

That is great! I hope you get to enjoy many more cold drinks (I am having one as we speak Wink)

-Chris
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2007, 3:11am by Ctech » IP Logged
Ctech
New Board Junior
USA 

I love Beer 12pk - Buds#1!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 3:18am »

Ree,

My dad has been driving a rig for over 30 years and I know how tuff it can be (without Ch) so my heart goes out to him...

Hope the beast goes away real soon.

-Chris
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 8:46am »

Beth, that's just wonderful! Smiley Fantastic!

PF wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 12:39pm »

on Oct 12th, 2007, 8:48pm, Ree wrote:
People only started using Kudzu since Daves last cycle so we don't know much about it.  Ree

Here, Ree... it's a place to start reading:

http://www.kudzubusters.com/KudzuFAQs.doc
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14th, 2007, 12:50pm »

Ree...

I have stopped all triptans.  I have been taking 1000mg of Kudzu, it's Vitamin World Brand.  I got it on clearance buy one get one free and 50% off.  I also take 9 mg of Melatonin at night.  Any health food store of vitamin store should carry Kudzu.  I've never found it at Walgreens or Walmart.

In the past 5 days I've had 3 ch.  All of them have been at night and they have been the bad ones  Embarassed.  Still pf during the day which is good, but not sleeping well yet.

I have 02, but I need a refill.  02 works sometimes and sometimes it just delays the inevitable.

I'm going to continue trying the Kudzu, as I've given up on all Rx meds and I'm out of trex etc....

pf wishes to all,
Beth
IP Logged

~ John Rhodes
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14th, 2007, 1:05pm »

on Oct 14th, 2007, 12:50pm, midwestbeth wrote:
 All of them have been at night and they have been the bad ones  Embarassed.  Still pf during the day which is good, but not sleeping well yet.

You may want to consider taking another one about an hour before bed, Beth. The thing with kudzu is that it's most effective taken an hour or two before your most active hours. We think it blocks the pain receptors.
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 1:52pm »

Nani,

The brand of Kudzu I'm taking says 2 tablets a day (1000 mg).  I've been taking 1 in the morning along with the calcium, magnesiun and zinc and two at night before bed along with Melatonin (9mg).

I was up last night twice because of ch  Cry.  I'm still not getting hit during the day.  Should I increase my dose?

I stayed home today from work because of exhaustion.  Only the second time this year I've done that..........yes the last time was because of ch too.

It's been about three weeks since I started Kudzu.  How much longer should I try this before giving up and trying something else?

So sick of this and exhausted
Beth
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2007, 1:54pm by midwestbeth » IP Logged

~ John Rhodes
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #14 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 3:06pm »

Lots of PF vibes & prayers are coming your way, Beth. hug

PF days & nights,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #15 on: Oct 16th, 2007, 2:42pm »

on Oct 15th, 2007, 1:52pm, midwestbeth wrote:
 Should I increase my dose?

How much longer should I try this before giving up and trying something else?

If it were me, I'd increase the dose (in fact I was taking 4500 mgs a day). Did you get hit during the day before? If so, then keep the AM dose the same and add another at night. If not...try all of it at night.  

Also, experiment with the timing of the night dose. Maybe a little earlier? Or later? About 2 hours before you expect a hit is probably the most effective. I think you could go up to 12mgs of melatonin, too.  

It often takes some time to get the timing and dose just right. I'd say that any improvement is some proof it's working. If it isn't helping at all, or things get worse... that's another story.

pf wishes and hugs, nani
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 17th, 2007, 5:22pm »

Thanks for the dosage info Nani.  I'll be increasing my dose to 3000 mg at night and see what happens.

I did get hit Tues night kip 10+.  Felt like I was hit upside the face with a baseball bat and looked like I was punched in the eye............

Now on to some good news.  Started to get hit last night at 9:30, got up and slammed a cold bottle of water, ch aborted.  12:30 am, same thing, slammed a cold bottle of water and another ch aborted.  I tried the water instead of an energy drink because the energy drink did not help at all the night before.  I guess my message is, keep on changing it up and trying different things, you never know...................... and whatever you do, keep on fighting the beast with whatever you got.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Beth
IP Logged

~ John Rhodes
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #17 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 8:53pm »

for me I just have bawls or sobe before the kudzu and some after  works well  

glad your feeling better
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 3:30pm »

Just a little update on the Kudzu.

Still getting hit hard at least once or twice every 24-36 hours.  Not giving up on the Kudzu yet.  It could just be the high cycle I'm in right now.  If I wasn't taking the Kudzu, maybe it would be worse.  I'm not taking any chances.

Beth
IP Logged

~ John Rhodes
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #19 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 10:48pm »

on Oct 29th, 2007, 3:30pm, midwestbeth wrote:
Just a little update on the Kudzu.

Still getting hit hard at least once or twice every 24-36 hours.  Not giving up on the Kudzu yet.  It could just be the high cycle I'm in right now.  If I wasn't taking the Kudzu, maybe it would be worse.  I'm not taking any chances.

Beth

Dr Sewell just presented his kudzu info at the Clusterbuster Conference last weekend. His data suggests that increased relief follows increased dosages. He also confirmed that timing is critical. Perhaps you can look at another brand, or maybe a liquid extract (be careful, though, some extracts are alcohol based)? He also confirmed that since supplements aren't regulated, the actual amount of kudzu could vary very widely by brand.  
I hope things get better, Beth.
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 2nd, 2007, 9:13pm »

Two days ago our Kudzu arrived... My hubby is asleep beside me here on the couch.  He got hit a little earlier and aborted with a nasal spray... The kudzu is definately changing things...they aren't lasting and arent as tough.  I am shocked...most meds take weeks to get in your system... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Sympatico
New Board Newbie
Canada 

If i have to deal with pain, so be it!

« Reply #21 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:02pm »

I've started my Kudzu routine 3 days ago since the beast mistaken me on the regular pattern she took the last years and like it used to do the attack are less stronger since then...  

I think this is a great product but you need to start it before the cycle starts to completly feel the effect! I've tried to mistaken the Beast back in August by starting it a week sooner then usual... No signs of the Beast, no symptoms... Stopped it at the date i stopped last year a month later the Beast is here with a vengeance...

The good thing about the Kudzu is that since i've started it i can feel the that the Beast is there but without getting the full blast K10 attack, it stays at around K1-2 for the whole day instead.

Good to luck to each of you with the Kudzu and a lots of PF days!!!
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:56pm »

Thanks for helping with this new weapon against the Beast... I tell you.  He is at least getting some (occasional) sleep.  He took about 2100 mgs today and will probably up the dose tomorrow... I have been telling him to take it before the CH attacks... he forgot to take it today and we were away from the house started to get hit but was able to quickly abort the attack with imatrex pill... (yay)

I will be glad when one of us comes up with the cure for this horrendous condition and we can look back and laugh... or cry...
Thanks again you guys are the bomb...

ree
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss