Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The beast is back:(  Help!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   The beast is back:(  Help!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The beast is back:(  Help!!!  (Read 563 times)
doogiebklyn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

The beast is back:(  Help!!!
« on: Oct 9th, 2007, 8:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I guess I should count myself lucky that I had a 5 year break from CH.  Today it returned, twice.  Is there anything new in therapy?  I left off with Imitrex 100mg, which was pretty effective.  But of course the insurance won't pay for what I need.

Anyway, I seem to recall reading about something organic a few years ago, that many people were report success with.  Any idea what I might be thinking about?  Or are there new medications, too?  Any advice if appreciated.

Best,

Douglas
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: The beast is back:(  Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 9:28pm »

on Oct 9th, 2007, 8:56pm, doogiebklyn wrote:
Well, I guess I should count myself lucky that I had a 5 year break from CH.  Today it returned, twice.  Is there anything new in therapy?  I left off with Imitrex 100mg, which was pretty effective.  But of course the insurance won't pay for what I need.

Anyway, I seem to recall reading about something organic a few years ago, that many people were report success with.  Any idea what I might be thinking about?  Or are there new medications, too?  Any advice if appreciated.

Best,

Douglas

Oxygen is bout organic as it gets.
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 11:02pm »

I'd say the biggest change is in how people attack it now. We can't cure it but we can sure as heck manage it.  

First off you need a prevent. Lithium, topomax, verapamil, many to read up on, something you take when the cycle starts to reduce the intensity and the frequency of your attacks.

Then your abortive strategy, I use imitrex ONLY as a last resort. Oxygen is my first line abortive, usually in concert with oral cafergot. Most find they can abort using only oxygen.

For the night time terrors many have success with an over the counter supplement, melatonin.

If you get caught naked many have found they can abort by powering down an energy drink, rock star, monster, any that contain the combination of caffeine and taurine.

Sorry they came back, I always start dreaming they're gone after a year pain free, the damned things always come back. Star reading like crazy, lots of new info on the board.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
doogiebklyn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 11:33am »

Thanks so much.  I think it's time I get oxygen.  Hopefully the insurance company is a bit more open minded to it than they were 5 years ago when I last went through this.

Cheers,  

Douglas
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss