Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 3:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ANYTHING to get rid of this pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   ANYTHING to get rid of this pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ANYTHING to get rid of this pain  (Read 695 times)
van101
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ANYTHING to get rid of this pain
« on: Oct 4th, 2007, 10:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am wondering if these people would try a cup of shroom tea brewed from one gram of Ps. mushroom if it were offered to them? They sound pretty desperate I am thinking they might......would you?  

Disclaimer: I in no way condone the use of illegal substances for any reason medicinal or otherwise......WAIT ...scratch that yes I do!  
Van  

I cut and pasted the following from the front page of CH.com.  

- and he's crying all the way. I know that he will do ANYTHING - ANYTHING to get rid of this pain.  

After a while it starts taking it's toll on me and our children. I dread for the night to come  

and I sometimes think that I will go mad. I try everything to ease them a little and nothing seems to be working.  

I really don't know how much more I can take.  

I looked up to the MAN above and literally begged him, that I would do anything, ANYTHING, just make this madness stop.  

I wanted to die, just simply that, I wanted death to take me as I just could not deal with this excruciating, horrible, horrible pain.  

Their father, fearless protector, diligent provider, crawling about in tears, beating his head on the hard wood floor.  

I search for the telephone that has always been my weapon of choice for creating a diversion, and I beat my left temple with the hand piece. I create a rhythm as I strike my scull, cursing the demon with each blow. I reach a point of distraction from the cluster, and then I start the whole process over; roll and squeeze, crawl and bang, find the telephone.  
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: ANYTHING to get rid of this pain
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 1:47pm »

As I posted on your duplicate post on this subject on another board - I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here. Would you care to elaborate please?

Also its not considered polite to post the same thing on more than one board. It's seen as spamming. I thought I'd try telling you politely before someone in a bad mood told you in a  - shall we say "more direct" manner?!

Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 4:59pm »

I would is shrooms helped my clusters,

but they don't.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 7:53pm »

Hi John...LOL  wave
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:02pm »

Seems he deleted this same post on the general board, but forgot to delete this one.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:05pm »

This person is not John.  This is Lisa's Dad, Eric.  He is a real person and he is sincere.  He is new and does not understand our etiquette or family dynamics.  

I believe Eric is asking us to respond to whether or not we would logically want to try an alternative like shrooms rather than surgery.

I have tried the alternatives of kudzu, wormwood, and different herbs and minerals, along with meds, with varrying degrees of success.

I know Eric is presenting himself the same way some of our trolls do, but let me introduce you - this is swimchica's dad.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:17pm »

on Oct 5th, 2007, 9:05pm, Charlotte wrote:
This person is not John.  This is Lisa's Dad, Eric.  He is a real person and he is sincere.  He is new and does not understand our etiquette or family dynamics.  

I believe Eric is asking us to respond to whether or not we would logically want to try an alternative like shrooms rather than surgery.

I have tried the alternatives of kudzu, wormwood, and different herbs and minerals, along with meds, with varrying degrees of success.

I know Eric is presenting himself the same way some of our trolls do, but let me introduce you - this is swimchica's dad.

Charlotte

It says he lives in NY - I didn't know Lisa's dad lived there?

Also a little confused by the post, but certainly willing to try to understand! Smiley

Take care,
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:22pm »

It seems Van could clear this up seeing that he has been logged in for the last hour, no?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

van101
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:25pm »

First, please excuse me for double posting, I simply thought it would be more appropriate posted in meds than in general posts, after seeing what people talk about in general. it has been deleted on the general board.

I certainly did not intend on being "insensitive" in anyway.

It was my intent to suggest a potential treatment the has given many people their lives back.
I am truly sorry if i offended anyone.

Van
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:30pm »

on Oct 4th, 2007, 10:59pm, van101 wrote:

I cut and pasted the following from the front page of CH.com.  

Just so you know, Van.......shrooms were not anyones idea of treatment nine years ago when the front page was written.
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:39pm »

Van,

Its not that simple, shroom treatment is not for everyone. For example, people with mental health problems should not take any psychedelic substances, be it shroom or seeds. I know that the dosage recommended by the clusterbuster website is mostly less than psychedelic but it may affect some peoples mentality in an adverse way.  

Secondly and unfortunately, it doesnt work for everyone either. I have spoken to a few for whom it didnt work or the effect didnt last.

Thirdly, until its been studied and trialed properly it wont be accepted as approved treatment and it remains illegal. Many people have moral/religious or personal reasons not to touch anything illegal no matter how much pain they are in, and their decision should be respected.  

Lastly, since it has not been studied and followed up formally one can not for sure determine what sort of side effects and long term effects, if there are any, will be. Asbestos was widely used until it was found to cause lung cancers and since then it has been banned.

I think the best way is to push for scientific testing and studies and trials and to get these things done as quickly and as widely as possible, then soon we will have a safe, legal and effective treatment available to all.  

Until then, its an individual choice whether or not one wishes to use it, and we all need to respect these choices.

Annette
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
van101
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:41pm »

I figured the front page was dated but i assumed it reflected the feelings of CH sufferers today... does it not?

on Oct 5th, 2007, 9:30pm, Jonny wrote:

Just so you know, Van.......shrooms were not anyones idea of treatment nine years ago when the front page was written.

I figured the front page was dated but i assumed it reflected the feelings of CH sufferers today... does it not?
IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 9:54pm »

Eric, you still may want to introduce yourself and let people know who you are and why you  are here.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 10:08pm »

on Oct 5th, 2007, 9:41pm, van101 wrote:

No, it does not.....you dont have to repeat!  
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 10:18pm »

on Oct 5th, 2007, 9:54pm, Charlotte wrote:
Eric, you still may want to introduce yourself and let people know who you are and why you  are here.

Charlotte

Might as well, hes been here for awhile!....with nothing to say until now.

Name:  van101
Position:  New Board Newbie  
Date Registered:  Jan 4th, 2007, 11:57am

YIM:  
Email:  hidden

IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss