Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 9:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Trying Kudzu Again »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Trying Kudzu Again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trying Kudzu Again  (Read 531 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

Trying Kudzu Again
« on: Oct 4th, 2007, 10:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, this may shock many, since I ended up having emergency surgery after my last trial of Kudzu (never could prove for sure it was the Kudzu, though!!), but I'm ready to try it again.  (No worries - my neuro has been asking me to retry it for a long time - I'm not just jumping blindly into it...)

What kind of doses do people take when they try Kudzu?  The bottle I have says to take 2 capsules 3x a day - wasn't sure what people here did, though...  What kind of timing do you follow?  I don't get hits at regular time intervals, so I can't time it with attacks unless I wait for the hit to come before I take the dose.

Just curious to hear what others do - and if it has actually helped anyone for a significant period of time?

Thanks...

PF wishes and hugz,
Carrie

*edited because I'd typed the dose incorrectly!
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2007, 11:59pm by Lizzie2 » IP Logged

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

Re: Trying Kudzu Again
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 3:04am »

Good luck, Carrie! Smiley

Hugs,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 3:17am »

Hi Lizzie
Try this there’s lots of info there.
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362

Good luck
Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Rosemary
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 10:24pm »

I would not try Kudzu again, I ran into medical issues  after using it.  The product is not regulated and 6 capsules a day is too much for your body to handle.  I spent too much time in the bathroom - not a plesant experience!

My nuro. suggested a herbal approach that has worked in London--Vitamin B2, 200mg twice a day; magnesium tablets 200mg. twice a day; and Petadolux 1 capsule 60mg;  3 times a day.  This herbal route has worked well for me along with prescribed medication from the nuro.  and it does not make me sleepy.  I find that I require less Imitrex on the herbal regiment.  Oxygen helps as well as a vibrating neck pillow $20. at Target or thru Amazon.  I have had CH for over 4 years now.  I have tried everything![td][/td]
IP Logged

rhk
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 10:41am »

on Oct 4th, 2007, 10:51pm, Lizzie2 wrote:

What kind of doses do people take when they try Kudzu?  The bottle I have says to take 2 capsules 3x a day - wasn't sure what people here did, though...  What kind of timing do you follow?

I took what was the recommended dosage on the bottle.  Timing was everything for me!  Had to be at the same time every day or else it wasn't as effective.

Quote:
Just curious to hear what others do - and if it has actually helped anyone for a significant period of time?

It help for the duration of my 40 day episode 2 years ago (last time I was in cycle)  The pain was less intense, shorter in duration and all I needed was O2 to abort.

good luck!
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 10:15pm »

Thanks everyone for the replies, PMs, and links!  I started it yesterday by taking 1 capsule 3 times a day, and today I moved on up to 2 capsules 3 times a day, and that's where I'm going to stay.  Will just see how it goes!  I appreciate the feedback!!

Hopefully this time around my trial won't end in emergency surgery!  hehe.... (I'm sure it won't!  The last time, it was a month and a half after having scheduled surgery, and while there are hardly ever major hemorrhages after that length of time, I would think it even more unlikely that I will have a problem this time when I haven't had any surgeries in a couple years!)

If I have any great results, I'll be sure to share them!!  Last time, I only took it for 8 days, but I had actually noted some benefit for both my clusters and my chronic migraine, which is saying a lot since my chronic migraine responds to next to nothing! Smiley

Fingers crossed!

Hugz,
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss