Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 5:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Toridal and Fioricet »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Toridal and Fioricet
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Toridal and Fioricet  (Read 1860 times)
GaWd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Toridal and Fioricet
« on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I went to a GP today in desperation and asked for a change in meds. He prescribed Toridal and Fioricet.

While I haven't had an outright headache since then, my scalp feels freaking weird! Kinda...burny...

Anybody else have weird feelings on a combo like this?

The good news is that I get to see a neuro tomorrow. I can't wait to have someone competent tell me what to do.

Sam
IP Logged
GaWd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Toridal and Fioricet
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:56pm »

After thinking about it, my head feels odd only where I usually have my CH attacks. I guess that means it's working...
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 12:49pm »

I have had toridol shots by itself and it does nothing for me.  I have had demerol shots and they by themselves do nothing for me.  However, when I combine demerol and toridol sometimes it will work to abort a ha but only about 1/3 the time.  I would look for a better mainstream preventative like verapamil, lithium, etc.  Have you tried oxygen?
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 3:00pm »

I aint never tried toridal, but i can tell you the fioricet is not likely to help.  It does have some vasoconstricting ingredients, but not very useful for CH.

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:20am »

on Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:40pm, GaWd wrote:
While I haven't had an outright headache since then, my scalp feels freaking weird! Kinda...burny...

And tingly?, like your hair hurts?  That's very common for me, and many other CH sufferers, it's probably not from the meds, but from the irritated trigeminal nerve.  

Please check out this link, print it out and insist every doc that treats you for CH read it, it has some good stuff on abortive and preventative meds:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050215/717.html

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss