Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 9:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Aleve Rebounds? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Aleve Rebounds?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aleve Rebounds?  (Read 325 times)
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

Aleve Rebounds?
« on: Sep 26th, 2007, 10:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone experienced rebound headaches from cold medicine?  I've been taking Aleve for 3 days now and I got a killer headache(not CH) on my non CH side and teeth.  The pain in the teeth is not on a specific tooth, but on the same side.  I recently went to the dentist and don't have any teeth problem.  This hurts and is keeping me from sleeping.  

Any remedies for rebound headaches besides stop pain meds?  I don't usually take any but this is a bad cold and I have a customer visit in France.  BTW, no CH on the plane!
IP Logged
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

Re: Aleve Rebounds?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 10:55pm »

no pain meds are ok for me.  whether it's tylonol or percodan.  U might want to try to take half the dose twice as often, see if that helps.  also might wanna drink some coffee for the caffeine

eta: half the dose of the cold med I mean

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2007, 10:57pm by BMoneeTheMoneeMan » IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2007, 1:57am »

I am not  a Doctor but it sounds to me like a trigeminal neuralgia or temporomandibular pain, I get pain there also but I believe is because I grind my teeth when I sleep from time to time, check this info to see if this is what you maybe suffering..
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/trigeminal_neuralgia_facial_nerve_pain/ar ticle_em.htm
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/temporomandibular_joint_tmj_syndrome/arti cle_em.htm

whenever I get this type of pain I take a Doloneurobion (an analgesic, antinflammatory with some B vitamins) and usually takes the pain away .

Hope this helps a little...

Good Luck!

Rosy.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2007, 2:04am by Rosybabe » IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2007, 8:45am »

It's possible that the overuse of cold meds can lead to the body rebounding--overproducing nasal/sinus drainage. This is not associated with CH, per se. (Years ago, before the danger was understood, I've known people who, overusing nasal sprays for congestion, had holes eroded in their nasal septum. OCT doesn't always mean benign!)

IF you have rebound headaches of any type because of the overuse of pain meds, then stopping them is both diagnostic & and cure.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27th, 2007, 10:46am »

I've never had rebounds from naproxem sodium (aleve).  Of course, anything can happen when you take more than the dosage recommendation on the bottle. Undecided

You say you are taking the cold medicine, have you been check for a sinus infection or a cyst in your sinuses??  That has happened to me in the past, where I had a very large cyst in my sinuses causing nasty headaches (along with my ch's as the sinus problem triggered an episode).

Take care!
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27th, 2007, 1:12pm »

Thanks for all your posts!  Unfortunately, I may have to deal with this for a week until I get back.  I thinking this is not rebounds but possible a sinus problem or a real tooth problem.

The ironic part is I have been sleeping through the night for the last month finally after 5 months of nighttime CHs.  Now this is keeping me up. Can't win.  Don't imagine Imitrex would help Grin

IP Logged
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 5:14pm »

Now that I'm back in the states, it turns out I had a dead tooth on my upper left side.  I need a root canal and then a crown$$$.  My dentist tells me it is common for this pain to increase when you go to sleep as the blood flows to your head better.  Also, being a tooth on the upper bridge, the nerves in this tooth can cause temple headaches.  

Just my luck, I guess , it started after an international air flight.  Funny thing is I was worried about CH on a plane and I got root decay pain on the plane.   Smiley CH's were no problem on the plane, but the time change messed up my preventative schedule a bit.

IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 6:32pm »

Billy,

Glad the problem is something that can be solved easily (well, sorta).

Take care!
Smiley
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss