Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 2nd, 2024, 4:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « DHE ??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   DHE ???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DHE ???  (Read 659 times)
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

DHE ???
« on: Sep 20th, 2007, 9:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have searched a bit on this site about DHE injections.

I only saw DHE type nasal spray available, nothing about injectables you can carry with you.  

My question: Is DHE muscle injectable s something that you can get prescribed for you to posses and use at your own discretion?

I mean, I see people talking about getting it in the ER, but the ER costs a ton of money. Why not just give it to yourself? Safety issue maybe?
 Thanks in advance.
Regards, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: DHE ???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 9:49pm »

yes you can get it as an injection to use as an abortive.

When we go inpatient for DHE push it is to attempt to break the cycle.

I went in this past July after finally getting the best of me...this was a 3 + yr battle and I needed a break.

The DHE and whatever shit they pump in me has brought me to the point where I am sleeping again.

Put it this way, we all become accustomed to little sleep or dealing with it for a certain amount of time but find ways t rest here an there.

For me I was accustomed to maybe 4 hrs of sleep for the past few years. From april -june that decreased and I was averaging about 2 hrs of broken sleep for easily 1+months....I was cooked.

Hospital time.

I am a happy man
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
UN solved

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 11:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

EX2 is right, you can get DHE IM injections for use at home, but you gotta know what you're doing and be very careful. It is a powerful drug and must be used correctly. It's NOT a pain med and cannot be overused or abused without possible severe consequences.

Be careful and find out all the facts before you use it

Goodluck

UNsolved

IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 11:27pm »

Thanks Unsolved & ED
 Right now, all is under control. But it's just more information I may someday need.
 Regards, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 12:22pm »

I have been using DHE injections for about four years.they come in little glass ampules of 5 doses.  You break off the top and use a one mg insullin syringe to administer.  I do not use the whole dose, about 3/4 of it.  I inject it into my thigh muscle.  It hurts like hell.  At first it aborted a CH all by itself but now I have to use O2 along with it.  Once the CH is past I can count on being PF for about 24 hours.  You have to keep a watch to make sure that your fingers and toes are not becoming numb or turning white on the ends.  this is a dangerous drug and can cause severe circulation problems.  It is much cheaper than imitrex and as I said it will give you 24 PF hours.  It is not a good solution, but we have a really bad disease.
IP Logged
cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 5:05pm »

The above comment is exactly what I would have said. Lisa has been having CH about a year and is chronic. When it gets so bad they put her in the hospital this is what they use. The last time she left the hospital her doctor gave her a prescription and she did shots 3 times a day. I think this may have been the 4th course she has had in a year and I honestly think she needs more each time. Her butt was soo sore this past cycle and it really didnt seem to work like it did. He also suggested it for an abortive but the pain was too much in the middle of a hit and she has pretty good luck with o2. I wonder if she has built a tolerance and that's why it's less effective and takes more???
IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 6:44pm »

Me not being a Doctor, Cash, I would almost bet she is growing a tolerance of sorts. Look what Imitrex can do if you use it too often: cause a higher frequency and longer duration.  

You cant truly "trick" your body, it knows more than we think it knows. Certain aspects of drug addiction and weight loss are 2 examples where the body cannot be tricked.

Thanks for all the input folks!!!
Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

UN solved

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Wanted to comment on cash's post. I don't doubt that Lisa used DHE 3 times a day at home, but doing so is very dangerous and not recommended. 3mg a day is too much. If you need this much, it should be done in a hospital under close supervision. Even at 2mg a day, you may see side effects like poor circulation (whitening of the fingers and toes) and pain in the knees.

Again, 3mg a day is TOO MUCH. It may be okay to do so for a couple of days, after that, you're playing with fire and may suffer a cardiac event or gaingreen (sp) when your fingers and/or toes die.

Recommended dosage is 2mg a day, no more than 6mg a week .. unless hospitalized and under close supervision.

Goodluck and be careful people !!

UNsolved (DHE user for many years, many many times ... hell, I used it yesterday)  Cool
IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 9:29pm »

Thanks Unsolved. Yeah, I am ok now. If I ever feel I have to use DHE, I will be VERY careful and not exceed the dosage you specified.
 Thanks, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #9 on: Sep 25th, 2007, 10:12pm »

Mike,  

Don't worry about Lisa over using the dhe. Remember I posted this summer from the hospital about being concerned of overuse of dhe? It was early Aug./ late July. I think you were one of the firsts to  comment. Anyways I took your advice and she was able to talk the doctor out of the dhe.  It just seemed a bit too controversial and unsure. Thanks for watching out for her!!!

Charlotte (CASH)
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss