Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 3rd, 2024, 2:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Want Medicare Comments re CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Want Medicare Comments re CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Want Medicare Comments re CH  (Read 263 times)
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

Want Medicare Comments re CH
« on: Sep 19th, 2007, 5:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all and wishing PF days for everyone.

Tomorrow I have an interview with a professional interviewer re Medicare (I have been disabled since 81' . . not CH related)

While I personally have comments both negative and positive to report concerning my various medical ills over the years, I thought this might be a good opportunity to make someone, somewhere in the huge organization that is Medicare  

more aware of CH.

SO . . . This is your opportunity to vent.  My interviewer will be here tomorrow at 11:00.  Considering the responses (please be serious), it is my intention to copy the thread and provide same for their consideration.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard

PS:   that's 11:00 a.m. central time
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

Re: Want Medicare Comments re CH
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 6:05pm »

I would be very interested in knowing what meds and treatments Medicare covers and what they don't. I may need to be using Medicare soon. Is O2 therapy covered? I've been under the impression they don't cover it, but would like to know for sure. How about narcotic pain meds? I haven't found anything to help as a prevent, or abortive other than O2, so when O2 fails I use Stadol nasal spray to dull the pain a bit. (not much... but it helps a little 'til the beast goes away)

I'll be watching this post for q's and a's too. Thanks for bringing it up! Good luck to you!

Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

Re: Want Medicare Comments re CH
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 6:47pm »

Hi Adam

It's my understanding that Medicare only covers 02 if you have low blood/oxygen levels . . . last time mine was checked, it was better than the (twentyish) nurse who checked it.

I have a copy of a "certificate of medical necessity", which I believe I got here, but have not completed or submitted . . . . I assume it requires the signature of a neurologist.  Fortunately, I have had a mostly PF spring/summer (don't know why . . . not asking . .  . just grateful).  The last bad bout I had was from early Nov thru Jan . . . I keep 10 "E" tanks ($10 ea), and when in a bad cycle may use 8-10 per week.   If HE comes back in force . . . I'll be getting that form signed.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss