Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 10th, 2024, 10:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ordered seeds, any advice »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   ordered seeds, any advice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ordered seeds, any advice  (Read 466 times)
chrisw
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love bunnies

Email

ordered seeds, any advice
« on: Mar 14th, 2007, 1:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

anyone got any advice on the rc seeds. I ordered some and they should be here any day?

I am a little nervous, and I think that I will get rid of my kids for the night, send them to grandmoms or something, and keep my husband around in case of a problem.

I guess I will start with 12-15 and see what happens.  I also kknow not to expect that they will work with one dose.

any other advice would be greatly appreciated,

thanx
chrisw
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: ordered seeds, any advice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 1:41pm »

yes, you should send the kids somewhere..I read those things can make you fly like Peter Pan  Grin

you do not want them to think you are having some kind of pixie dust hanging around the house!! Grin

just kidding!! Wink

please check if they have any interaction with the meds you are already taking.

Hope they work for you!
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 1:48pm »

Hi Chris.  It sounds like you've done your homework.  12-15 seeds is a reasonable place to start unless you've found yourself needing lower than recommended dosages of medications.  Hopefully you have read all the LSA  FAQ section on the Clusterbuster site.  I wouldn't feel too nervous about dosing, especially on RC's.  LSA has sedative effects, so you may feel like you've had a drink or two.  Be sure to take it on an empty stomach, and if you're worried about stomach upset, you might find a little orange or cranberry juice along with it can help.  
Best wishes,
Pat
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
daver3
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 6:30pm »

only advice is....don't be nervous about a buzz, i've never felt a thing with the seeds, only effect is that i feel a bit tired the next day.

best of luck, has worked magic for me.

d.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 7:45pm »

I've dosed with 32+ seeds and only felt a very mellow effect.  Somewhat frisky...so the kids being away may benefit you and hubby Wink.

Seeds or other indol ring types have been hands down the most effective method I've tried to keep the beast caged.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15th, 2007, 9:09am »

chrisw,
 This is what worked for me. I started dosing after my cycle was just about settled in. The sooner you can start the easier it may be so don't delay.
 For most people there is really no high or trip involved after dosing, just a mellow feeling. But for the first time it is probably wise to get as comfortable as possible and to eliminate any distractions. Just to be sure.
 Be prepared for the dreaded post dose hits. Although I had no serious problems some have had a rough day or two afterwards.  
 I have used these to abort a hit as well. By preparing doses before hand a sticking them in the fridge I have had doses ready and waiting. It gave me a lot of comfort to know I had an abortive ready at a moments notice.  
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15th, 2007, 10:52am »

chris,
I take the time to smash the little guys up well with needle nose pliers. I take 25 to 30.Soak in water overnight in the ice box. I only get slightly flush in the face and take them prior to an episode.
 It is possible and surely probable these things are why I didn;t have an episode this winter. But that is pure speculation on my part. If it quacks like a duck.....
all the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15th, 2007, 1:35pm »

Pepper grinder.
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15th, 2007, 2:18pm »

on Mar 15th, 2007, 1:35pm, Lobster wrote:
Pepper grinder.

Exactly!

No muss no fuss and perfect power every time.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15th, 2007, 3:20pm »

le pepper...light goes on  hammer Now I have a pepper grinder.
thanks peeps
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20th, 2007, 1:44am »

Good luck chris

Good inputs. Just proceed with caution in case of an unlikely adverse reaction.  

The first dose should show maybe just a slight assist with the CH. maybe just a shorter hit or or a peg lower on the pain scale.
Dont despair because often it is the following doses that will send the CH into hiding.

Anxious to hear how it goes.
IP Logged

MJ
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss